MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 461 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4601 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wouldn't certain people decide that "lucrative = competitive" and hence conclude that there is no need for some schemes e.g. specialist schemes to be adjusted?

Just saying coz it happened before in certain places...
there's a reason why DXOs or military personnel are paid a slight premium as compared to their civil service counterparts. reasons i wont delve into. just note that DXOs are subjected to military laws also and do perform duties beyond their job scopes. defence is not 8 to 5. but maybe passport making is.

and of course, if MINDEF reviews that the salary is market competitive, then there wont be any adjustments. but based on my opinion, there would likely be as the civil service has had a increment. to have that premium, MINDEF would probably increase the salaries a little. mainly to be competitive and counter inflation i guess?

Reply With Quote
  #4602 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there's a reason why DXOs or military personnel are paid a slight premium as compared to their civil service counterparts. reasons i wont delve into. just note that DXOs are subjected to military laws also and do perform duties beyond their job scopes. defence is not 8 to 5. but maybe passport making is.

and of course, if MINDEF reviews that the salary is market competitive, then there wont be any adjustments. but based on my opinion, there would likely be as the civil service has had a increment. to have that premium, MINDEF would probably increase the salaries a little. mainly to be competitive and counter inflation i guess?
yup agree with you, and i support any salary adjustment too, especially in this current climate.

just that, if we look at other parts of the civil service, there have been times where reviews were conducted that it was decided that the salary scale is still market competitive -_- i guess we can only hope for the best...

Reply With Quote
  #4603 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2022, 06:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you probably only encountered low level DXOs (i.e DXO equivalent to maybe a 1SG or SSG), due to your job scope/rank. may want to expand your horizons more. Defence is not just weapons and equipment. i guess to you its a zero sum game. Take care
Wow...you even label them as "low level DXOs". Please get off your high horse.

We all know defence is important. No one disputes this.

But we also know that defence is given a ridiculously high portion of the budget that is not even subject to audit !!! How absurd is this?

I have family members who are DXOs and I know for sure that a lot of their work is just due to unnecessary bloating of the organization that cannot stop. Ask them how crucial their work is to the defence purpose of MINDEF, and most of them will not be able to give you a straight answer.

These DXOs don't even face the same stress that arises from working with members of the public. I'm not saying this out of spite, but its embarassing that other stat boards and ministries are getting less remuneration just because MINDEF keeps spewing the holy word of "defence" to justify its excessive budget.

Reply With Quote
  #4604 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2022, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there's a reason why DXOs or military personnel are paid a slight premium as compared to their civil service counterparts. reasons i wont delve into. just note that DXOs are subjected to military laws also and do perform duties beyond their job scopes. defence is not 8 to 5. but maybe passport making is.

and of course, if MINDEF reviews that the salary is market competitive, then there wont be any adjustments. but based on my opinion, there would likely be as the civil service has had a increment. to have that premium, MINDEF would probably increase the salaries a little. mainly to be competitive and counter inflation i guess?
You ridicule those working at ICA? You are precisely the type of public servant that Singapore doesn't need. How sad.

I think you should be getting a paycut instead. Stop inflating the things that you do, as much as you want to consider it as "real work".
Reply With Quote
  #4605 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2022, 05:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow...you even label them as "low level DXOs". Please get off your high horse.

We all know defence is important. No one disputes this.

But we also know that defence is given a ridiculously high portion of the budget that is not even subject to audit !!! How absurd is this?

I have family members who are DXOs and I know for sure that a lot of their work is just due to unnecessary bloating of the organization that cannot stop. Ask them how crucial their work is to the defence purpose of MINDEF, and most of them will not be able to give you a straight answer.

These DXOs don't even face the same stress that arises from working with members of the public. I'm not saying this out of spite, but its embarassing that other stat boards and ministries are getting less remuneration just because MINDEF keeps spewing the holy word of "defence" to justify its excessive budget.
there again, you need to expand your horizons or get more information regarding DXOs. im unsure what your DXOs family members is doing or at what level are they working as. if they are working adminstratively in HR or finance and think they dont contribute enough, thats pretty sad. every organisation's admin roles are not crucial in their eyes or your eyes probably. but it would not function without them. but i digress.

stress is subjective. again, you have to be inside an organisation to understand the culture. unless you are implying that all public facing stat boards are more stressful than those who are not as a generalization, then i cant help you. DXOs do have operational roles btw. again, maybe expand your knowledge more.

im not here to debate. i only request you to keep an open mind about what DXOs do and not use a 'frog in well' attitude to dismiss what DXOs do. Btw, from what you said about defence not subjected to audit, you have already shown your lack of awareness or knowledge about govt organisations and how they are accountable to the public. maybe talk to more people and understand better. cheers.

defence budget is a whole other topic. theres a reason for it being the highest. if you truly understand singapores position in the world, then you would know. have a great day.
Reply With Quote
  #4606 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2022, 05:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You ridicule those working at ICA? You are precisely the type of public servant that Singapore doesn't need. How sad.

I think you should be getting a paycut instead. Stop inflating the things that you do, as much as you want to consider it as "real work".
im not ridiculing ICA's work. they have their own set of difficulties. it is to show you that DXOs dont all work 8-5 and deserve that little premium. you seem to place higher emphasis on public facing agencies, which is your own opinion and isnt right or wrong. it seems that you have a deep misunderstanding of DXOs based on your interactions during NS or family members.

again, expand your horizons. or are you suggesting that MINDEF should get rid of all DXOs or even the military because we dont do 'real work'?
Reply With Quote

  #4607 (permalink)  
Old 22-06-2022, 01:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Recently applied for a manager role in mindef (tech side), just graduated from PT degree in SUSS, but they requested to put me in a senior role instead.

6 years relevant experience
with NS
2nd lower hons

My current pay is around 5k plus since i'm working in pte sector now.
How much could I ask for if i cross over to mindef?
Reply With Quote
  #4608 (permalink)  
Old 22-06-2022, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently applied for a manager role in mindef (tech side), just graduated from PT degree in SUSS, but they requested to put me in a senior role instead.

6 years relevant experience
with NS
2nd lower hons

My current pay is around 5k plus since i'm working in pte sector now.
How much could I ask for if i cross over to mindef?
depends on what is the senior role. if its Senior manager, you can try for around 6k+ if your skills/exp is relevant to what they are looking for.

if they are asking you to be assistant director (1 higher than senior manager), you can ask for higher.

btw, its my 2 cents and not to be taken as straight facts as i do not really know how renumeration works in MINDEF.
Reply With Quote
  #4609 (permalink)  
Old 23-06-2022, 07:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently applied for a manager role in mindef (tech side), just graduated from PT degree in SUSS, but they requested to put me in a senior role instead.

6 years relevant experience
with NS
2nd lower hons

My current pay is around 5k plus since i'm working in pte sector now.
How much could I ask for if i cross over to mindef?
That will depend on whether your annual pay includes AWS or not
Reply With Quote
  #4610 (permalink)  
Old 23-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mindef Job application

Hello,
Spent a few days in reading all the posts in this forum, benefited a lot.

I submitted my application last week but there is no sound at all till now. Wanna know if Mindef will auto filter out those who are not born as Singaporean but converted Singaporean.

Any kind soul have idea on this?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,739 Replies, 1,464,726 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
6 Replies, 3,427 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 733,551 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,720 Replies, 1,334,586 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 8,837 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,611 Replies, 4,827,272 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,235 Replies, 12,256,791 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 314,064 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 221,363 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,735 Replies, 1,003,390 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,066 Replies, 3,661,770 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 376,908 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,955 Replies, 2,081,211 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,494,048 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 154,653 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,052 Replies, 2,230,488 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,485,991 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,770 Replies, 4,560,594 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,160 Replies, 3,306,643 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,862 Replies, 10,150,064 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 218 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 383,673 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 125,679 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,204 Replies, 6,352,692 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
746 Replies, 382,216 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 421,354 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 71,903 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 584,429 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,491 Replies, 1,901,377 Views
Deutsche Corporate Bank Graduate... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 8,820 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2