Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210403)
Heard DPO fast paced.

Avoid Army. Heard lousy comments from my developmental course mates.

many a times, its not like you have a choice anyway since there might only be one position.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213063)
Yea I did, but it's just in progress. Are you a fresh grad or mid-career?

I would say early career. How about you?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213110)
I would say early career. How about you?

Fresh grad soon. And it has still been silent on your end?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213126)
Fresh grad soon. And it has still been silent on your end?

Same in a way, postgrad soon. Yes silent, it’s anxiety inducing!

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:17 PM

Hi

Anyone been on an overseas posting with MINDEF before? Can share more details about it - selection process, living arrangements, who paid for rental/housing costs, any other benefits? Assuming the overseas posting is 6months-2 years

Unregistered 14-04-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213828)
Hi

Anyone been on an overseas posting with MINDEF before? Can share more details about it - selection process, living arrangements, who paid for rental/housing costs, any other benefits? Assuming the overseas posting is 6months-2 years

Very good, can bang hot ang moh girls if you got game. Maybe can even buy a wife from Ukraine with the war going on.

Unregistered 16-04-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Hi

Read directives if you are in mindef already or just ask HR if you are coming in from outside

Unregistered 25-04-2022 04:10 AM

Quote:

Hi

1. interview with the unit involved.
2. if single, 2 personnel to share a 2-bedroom apartment. unless you self-top up to stay alone in a one bedroom apt. they will pay half of the ceiling (half the amt when 2 ppl share in 2 bedroom). theres different ceiling amts for different countries. if you have family, amt will be adjusted to your family size. in short, MINDEF will pay. apartments you will likely need to self source in the local area, unless the camp has living facilities.
3. other benefits includes one-time furnishing, winter clothing (if in winter countries) allowances. medical and dental as per in SG. you can get plane tixs to return to SG to visit family, paid by MINDEF. annual leave is the same.
4. you will get extra monthly allowances, amt depends on country.

above is a short summary without revealing too much. gist is there. im sure the admin will brief you more in details.

Unregistered 25-04-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215452)
1. interview with the unit involved.
2. if single, 2 personnel to share a 2-bedroom apartment. unless you self-top up to stay alone in a one bedroom apt. they will pay half of the ceiling (half the amt when 2 ppl share in 2 bedroom). theres different ceiling amts for different countries. if you have family, amt will be adjusted to your family size. in short, MINDEF will pay. apartments you will likely need to self source in the local area, unless the camp has living facilities.
3. other benefits includes one-time furnishing, winter clothing (if in winter countries) allowances. medical and dental as per in SG. you can get plane tixs to return to SG to visit family, paid by MINDEF. annual leave is the same.
4. you will get extra monthly allowances, amt depends on country.

above is a short summary without revealing too much. gist is there. im sure the admin will brief you more in details.

OMG, stay in-camp!

Unregistered 26-04-2022 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215595)
OMG, stay in-camp!

from what i know, overseas postings rarely stay in camp. even if stay in camp, its not those bunks that we are used to i SG. its a proper apartment with all facilities, i.e. condo like. even better than our HDBs!