MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 450 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4491 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2022, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
Shut the fck up boomer

Reply With Quote
  #4492 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2022, 03:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
Thank you for your openness and honesty, however in the words of LKY, not many in the current strawberry gen workers can take such unvarnished "Hard Truths" to keep Singapore going.

Reply With Quote
  #4493 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
mai gek xiao. mindef policy dept makes policy for income tax. like tt iras is gg to chu policy on how to put **** stirrer like u in where u belong - the sewage.

Reply With Quote
  #4494 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2022, 02:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone got hired? after all those test , sec screening
Reply With Quote
  #4495 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 01:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how much can a fresh-grad FCH local uni female ask for in a manager role for 'those without experienced are welcomed to apply'?
Reply With Quote
  #4496 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 01:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how much can a fresh-grad FCH local uni female ask for in a manager role for 'those without experienced are welcomed to apply'?
can try between 4-4.3k. anyway, fresh grads not much nego power due to no experience in private sector. they will just pay you according to your degree. if your degree is worth 4.5k, they wont shortchange you.

source: i randomly quoted 3k cause i was v innocent as a fresh grad few years back. they still offered me 3.9k based on my qualifications.
Reply With Quote

  #4497 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 07:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can try between 4-4.3k. anyway, fresh grads not much nego power due to no experience in private sector. they will just pay you according to your degree. if your degree is worth 4.5k, they wont shortchange you.

source: i randomly quoted 3k cause i was v innocent as a fresh grad few years back. they still offered me 3.9k based on my qualifications.
Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #4498 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can try between 4-4.3k. anyway, fresh grads not much nego power due to no experience in private sector. they will just pay you according to your degree. if your degree is worth 4.5k, they wont shortchange you.

source: i randomly quoted 3k cause i was v innocent as a fresh grad few years back. they still offered me 3.9k based on my qualifications.
basically yes if you are a fresh grad, you only get to take what they offer asa default based on uni results
Reply With Quote
  #4499 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 11:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

did a virtual interview more than a month back. Till now no news. Did all the test before the interview and that took another 3 months to get back to me. So in total each stage takes 3 months


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4500 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 11:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
did a virtual interview more than a month back. Till now no news. Did all the test before the interview and that took another 3 months to get back to me. So in total each stage takes 3 months
wait for what? just drop them a text or call?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 224,344 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,255 Replies, 873,505 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,686 Replies, 2,249,429 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 68,096 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 107,277 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,332 Replies, 2,229,501 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,856 Replies, 6,230,135 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,495 Replies, 1,969,718 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,003 Replies, 521,291 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 53 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,841 Replies, 2,795,984 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 208 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,429 Replies, 3,373,003 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,748 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 158,858 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
310 Replies, 138,490 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 390,434 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 23,830 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,992 Replies, 787,449 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 61,369 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,023,887 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 138,498 Views
ST Engineering Aerospace ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 35,771 Views
Mapletree Investments
7 Replies, 14,367 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 3,693 Views
Need some advice if I should early... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,067 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 25,080 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,011 Replies, 8,679,157 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
547 Replies, 187,985 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,863,343 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2