MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 370 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3691 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Anyone went mindef for an interview recently? How long did HR take to get back on the status? Does HR inform you if you have been rejected too?
It's been 2 weeks after the interview. Still waiting for any news

Reply With Quote
  #3692 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 07:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Applied for DXO Manager position back in start of March and submitted documents. Followed up end March and early May. Both times HR told me still in the process of processing my documents. Didn't even get asked to go pt test. Second Upper from NUS. Did anyone encounter this before?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3693 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Applied for DXO Manager position back in start of March and submitted documents. Followed up end March and early May. Both times HR told me still in the process of processing my documents. Didn't even get asked to go pt test. Second Upper from NUS. Did anyone encounter this before?
PT test should be quite fast. I'm also a 2nd upper from NUS. Applied on 1 Feb, received email for PT on 2 Feb.

Reply With Quote
  #3694 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just got into mindef, sharing some experiences.

Sometimes, they are considering other candidates(Can be internal or external) so the HR won't be able to give you a reply.

Also at the same time, they will compare ur test results to see if it is a fit for the role. Other thing is that the clearance can take months.
The HR will give a verbal discussion on offer if it is already at final stage.
But be prepared, clearance is quite long, so you might be hired into another company before ur clearance is done.
Reply With Quote
  #3695 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just got into mindef, sharing some experiences.

Sometimes, they are considering other candidates(Can be internal or external) so the HR won't be able to give you a reply.

Also at the same time, they will compare ur test results to see if it is a fit for the role. Other thing is that the clearance can take months.
The HR will give a verbal discussion on offer if it is already at final stage.
But be prepared, clearance is quite long, so you might be hired into another company before ur clearance is done.
Hi, in my case, HR called to ask for expected salary but did not make any verbal offer and mentioned will come back to me if there's a update. So I have been waiting since April.

Not sure if no news is good at this situation?
Reply With Quote
  #3696 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 11:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's been 2 weeks after the interview. Still waiting for any news
Have you heard back from them yet?
Reply With Quote

  #3697 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2021, 06:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SAF should honestly stop letting it's ex generals helm listed companies. They have neither the business acumen nor etiquette. Soldiers should stick to fighting wars and defending our land from foreign invaders, and leave businesses to be run by experts. Singapore don't practice military cronyism in third world countries like Indonesia. You wouldn't want Davinder Singh Singapore's top lawyer to perform your heart surgery, would you?
Reply With Quote
  #3698 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2021, 07:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SAF should honestly stop letting it's ex generals helm listed companies. They have neither the business acumen nor etiquette. Soldiers should stick to fighting wars and defending our land from foreign invaders, and leave businesses to be run by experts. Singapore don't practice military cronyism in third world countries like Indonesia. You wouldn't want Davinder Singh Singapore's top lawyer to perform your heart surgery, would you?
Sir, I take umbrage to this statement. I'm not a gentleman, I'm the CDF, the king of the jungle! - said every man child mindef general
Reply With Quote
  #3699 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, in my case, HR called to ask for expected salary but did not make any verbal offer and mentioned will come back to me if there's a update. So I have been waiting since April.

Not sure if no news is good at this situation?
If u have the HR contact or email, it is better to ask her so that you know what stage you are at.

The HR will not give a formal offer letter unless your clearance is complete. This is for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3700 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2021, 06:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If u have the HR contact or email, it is better to ask her so that you know what stage you are at.

The HR will not give a formal offer letter unless your clearance is complete. This is for sure.
I take umbrage at HR not giving me a formal offer letter!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,606 Replies, 1,921,825 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 118,839 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 162,523 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 49,637 Views
Grab Software Developer Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,231 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
304 Replies, 283,349 Views
Credit Suisse vs Rabo Bank vs OCBC ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 5,577 Views
Working at Maybank Singapore ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,654 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
217 Replies, 88,505 Views
NEED ADVICE!! LAZADA Business...
8 Replies, 919 Views
Difficult to switch from Public To... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,286 Views
FDM - Technical Graduate Program
1 Replies, 356 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,822 Replies, 2,338,752 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,283 Replies, 4,047,313 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,206 Replies, 474,156 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 22,236 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,632 Replies, 415,282 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,611 Replies, 1,530,395 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,315 Replies, 1,260,884 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,633 Replies, 2,260,430 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 149,053 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,070 Replies, 6,902,174 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
746 Replies, 151,887 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 72,583 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 73,948 Views
Banking Tech vs Consulting ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 1,941 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
177 Replies, 126,128 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 501,142 Views
Benefits, Insurance, Annual Leave... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,625 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
950 Replies, 679,209 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2