MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 368 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3671 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default DXO Process (?)

So, here's a brief timeline of the process

Jan - applied for a role under MINDEF
22 Feb - shortlisted for psychometric test
5 Mar - went for a psychometric test
20 Apr - got a call from MINDEF saying they are still processing and will inform me of the outcome within 2 weeks
30 Apr - Online written test + checking whether I am avail for a virtual interview 2 wks later
3 May - received email that I am shortlisted for the interview + to indicate my expected salary

Does anyone knows what/ how the interview is like? Also, if I am a fresh grad from local uni, second upps, what would the salary be like?

Reply With Quote
  #3672 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So, here's a brief timeline of the process

Jan - applied for a role under MINDEF
22 Feb - shortlisted for psychometric test
5 Mar - went for a psychometric test
20 Apr - got a call from MINDEF saying they are still processing and will inform me of the outcome within 2 weeks
30 Apr - Online written test + checking whether I am avail for a virtual interview 2 wks later
3 May - received email that I am shortlisted for the interview + to indicate my expected salary

Does anyone knows what/ how the interview is like? Also, if I am a fresh grad from local uni, second upps, what would the salary be like?
All fresh graduates start at the DX9 grade (3 - 4K) regardless of their degree classifications.

PSC Scholars and the likes follow the MX scale.

Reply With Quote
  #3673 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 02:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 5
5tbsp is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey guys, I finally got the call for contract briefing.
Here's my 5 month application journey.

Mid Dec 2020 - Sent in application
Mid Jan 2021 (T+0) - Psychometric tests & panel interview
End Jan 2021 (T+2) - G50
End Feb 2021 (T+6) - Security interview & FFI
End Mar 2021 (T+10) - Security clearance completed
Early May 2021 (T+16) - Received call for contract briefing
Mid May 2021 (T+17) - Contract signing

The most grueling part really is the wait.
So for those who are still awaiting a response, hang in there!
Also, no news really is good news with MINDEF. XD

Reply With Quote
  #3674 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All fresh graduates start at the DX9 grade (3 - 4K) regardless of their degree classifications.

PSC Scholars and the likes follow the MX scale.
Thank you, do you have any tips for the interview?
Reply With Quote
  #3675 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tbsp View Post
Hey guys, I finally got the call for contract briefing.
Here's my 5 month application journey.

Mid Dec 2020 - Sent in application
Mid Jan 2021 (T+0) - Psychometric tests & panel interview
End Jan 2021 (T+2) - G50
End Feb 2021 (T+6) - Security interview & FFI
End Mar 2021 (T+10) - Security clearance completed
Early May 2021 (T+16) - Received call for contract briefing
Mid May 2021 (T+17) - Contract signing

The most grueling part really is the wait.
So for those who are still awaiting a response, hang in there!
Also, no news really is good news with MINDEF. XD


Congrats!! which position/ department did you apply to? How was the interview like?
Reply With Quote
  #3676 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Hi everyone,
I have benefitted from this thread and thought of paying it back by telling you about my experience. I first applied to mindef in 2019 but was rejected after the writing test and first interview. I applied again this year, with 2 years of working experience. The timeline for my application this year
- Feb: applied for position and got shortlisted for the test
- Early Mar: sat for the test
- Early May: first round of interview
It hasn't been 2 weeks since the interview, but I dont think I got shortlisted further as one of my answers was not in line with mindef's public position. I guess I'm not fated to be a dxo, after 2 rounds of application and rejection. Wishing everyone here the best for your applications.
Reply With Quote

  #3677 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,
I have benefitted from this thread and thought of paying it back by telling you about my experience. I first applied to mindef in 2019 but was rejected after the writing test and first interview. I applied again this year, with 2 years of working experience. The timeline for my application this year
- Feb: applied for position and got shortlisted for the test
- Early Mar: sat for the test
- Early May: first round of interview
It hasn't been 2 weeks since the interview, but I dont think I got shortlisted further as one of my answers was not in line with mindef's public position. I guess I'm not fated to be a dxo, after 2 rounds of application and rejection. Wishing everyone here the best for your applications.
Hi, sorry to hear that but all the best for your future endeavours! May I know what questions did they ask?
Reply With Quote
  #3678 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tbsp View Post
Hey guys, I finally got the call for contract briefing.
Here's my 5 month application journey.

Mid Dec 2020 - Sent in application
Mid Jan 2021 (T+0) - Psychometric tests & panel interview
End Jan 2021 (T+2) - G50
End Feb 2021 (T+6) - Security interview & FFI
End Mar 2021 (T+10) - Security clearance completed
Early May 2021 (T+16) - Received call for contract briefing
Mid May 2021 (T+17) - Contract signing

The most grueling part really is the wait.
So for those who are still awaiting a response, hang in there!
Also, no news really is good news with MINDEF. XD
How many rounds of interview did you have? Did you have site preview too?
Reply With Quote
  #3679 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 04:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, sorry to hear that but all the best for your future endeavours! May I know what questions did they ask?
It was largely related to the role that I was applying for, apart from the generic qns eg tell me more about yourself
Reply With Quote
  #3680 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

salary increment can expect what range? Just a rough figure anyone know? Similar to ministrys or stat boards?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,949 Replies, 4,311,196 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
528 Replies, 105,757 Views
How much does influencers make... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 3,795 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,248 Replies, 917,390 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,060 Replies, 1,135,067 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,811 Replies, 2,380,167 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,918 Replies, 2,421,555 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
453 Replies, 357,669 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,054 Replies, 1,634,226 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,484 Replies, 4,253,356 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,866 Replies, 1,644,400 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,273 Replies, 7,125,868 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,250 Replies, 619,833 Views
Starter job for HR
5 Replies, 277 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 3,447 Views
Tech Public Sector vs Non FAANG...
7 Replies, 790 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 295,206 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,518 Replies, 1,331,438 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,472 Replies, 699,418 Views
Can I start new employment while... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,982 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
551 Replies, 420,382 Views
Anyone heard of being a ship... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 192,350 Views
Starting business as civil service ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 6,111 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
990 Replies, 710,759 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
246 Replies, 203,161 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,932 Replies, 470,366 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 24,946 Views
Looking for working partners for...
4 Replies, 2,135 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
131 Replies, 92,156 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,682 Replies, 1,985,620 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2