MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 358 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 21-01-2021, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Smile Giving back to the community

Hi everyone, I have benefited a lot from this forum (to understand the hiring process) and would like to give back to the community by providing an updated version of the full timeline for applying for a DXO position during the covid period (phase 2).

Disclaimer: This is for an entry-level or fresh grad job. What I have experienced may or may not be the standard procedures but I hope this will help.

T-0wk Applied via DXO website, a few days later received email to upload documents and also to state my expected salary and whether is it negotiable.

T-4wks Received an invitation for video interview via WebEx with the hiring managers, HR manager and HR Assistant Director.

T-5wks Received invitation to go down for site preview (went more than 1 as there are multiple hiring managers, so I went to multiple camps). Site preview is basically a second round of interview whereby its face to face. And also they will show you the remaining job scopes/descriptions that are not posted on the job portals due to security issues. You will also get to see your future colleagues and your work station/desk. During the site preview, I received a verbal offer from the hiring manager.

T-6wks Received phone call from HR with regards to the verbal offer and the rough salary that they will be offering. They also send me instructions to submit medical declarations (no medical checkups) to CMPB and photo taking (I think security clearance starts here too).

T-7wks Went down to CMPB to submit medical declaration and took a photo for my DXO role.

T-9wks Received phone call from HR to give you the final approved salary. And also let you know that they are still pending management approval for hiring you and security clearance.

T-11wks Received phone call that all necessary approvals and security clearance is done, re-confirmed with me the salary package. They also asked you on your earliest start date. And they will then send you an official offer email (with your official start date) to ask you to head down to cmpb to sign the contract. You will have to bring along the necessary documents that they indicated in the email.

I hope this post helps the folks that are currently trying to apply for a DXO position during this pandemic and also to share that there are certain key changes such as no psychometric test and no medical checkups during the entire recruitment duration. However, as per the disclaimer I am unsure if that is the case for every position that are being advertised. And also since now is phase 3, I am not sure if certain of the changes have been reverted back to the old system.

Old 22-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I have benefited a lot from this forum (to understand the hiring process) and would like to give back to the community by providing an updated version of the full timeline for applying for a DXO position during the covid period (phase 2).

Disclaimer: This is for an entry-level or fresh grad job. What I have experienced may or may not be the standard procedures but I hope this will help.

T-0wk Applied via DXO website, a few days later received email to upload documents and also to state my expected salary and whether is it negotiable.

T-4wks Received an invitation for video interview via WebEx with the hiring managers, HR manager and HR Assistant Director.

T-5wks Received invitation to go down for site preview (went more than 1 as there are multiple hiring managers, so I went to multiple camps). Site preview is basically a second round of interview whereby its face to face. And also they will show you the remaining job scopes/descriptions that are not posted on the job portals due to security issues. You will also get to see your future colleagues and your work station/desk. During the site preview, I received a verbal offer from the hiring manager.

T-6wks Received phone call from HR with regards to the verbal offer and the rough salary that they will be offering. They also send me instructions to submit medical declarations (no medical checkups) to CMPB and photo taking (I think security clearance starts here too).

T-7wks Went down to CMPB to submit medical declaration and took a photo for my DXO role.

T-9wks Received phone call from HR to give you the final approved salary. And also let you know that they are still pending management approval for hiring you and security clearance.

T-11wks Received phone call that all necessary approvals and security clearance is done, re-confirmed with me the salary package. They also asked you on your earliest start date. And they will then send you an official offer email (with your official start date) to ask you to head down to cmpb to sign the contract. You will have to bring along the necessary documents that they indicated in the email.

I hope this post helps the folks that are currently trying to apply for a DXO position during this pandemic and also to share that there are certain key changes such as no psychometric test and no medical checkups during the entire recruitment duration. However, as per the disclaimer I am unsure if that is the case for every position that are being advertised. And also since now is phase 3, I am not sure if certain of the changes have been reverted back to the old system.
Hi, thanks for the detailed sharing. Mind to share if you’re from local U?

Old 22-01-2021, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What role is this?

Old 22-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

thanks for this, it is very useful. Just wondering if the first offer would be market rate? Or negotiations have to take place after the offer by talking to the HR?
I regret accepting a lowball offer in first job just because its a position i want and did not know how to negotiate.
Old 25-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I'm transferring in. Here cannot bring in camera phone right
Old 25-01-2021, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Replying the questions

Yup.

What role is this?
HR.

thanks for this, it is very useful. Just wondering if the first offer would be market rate? Or negotiations have to take place after the offer by talking to the HR?
I regret accepting a lowball offer in first job just because its a position i want and did not know how to negotiate.
It is at market rate, they wont lowball you since they have a base pay amount for a particular grade. (I put a lower expected salary but they still offered me higher at the end)

Old 26-01-2021, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Its been close to 4 weeks since I went to CMPB to submit medical declaration and had a picture taken for my photo ID. Is it unusual that HR still has not given a verbal offer? Should I contact HR for an update?
Old 27-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Its been close to 4 weeks since I went to CMPB to submit medical declaration and had a picture taken for my photo ID. Is it unusual that HR still has not given a verbal offer? Should I contact HR for an update?
they still doing your clearance
Old 27-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

hi, how long do i have to wait after submitting a application for a position?
Old 28-01-2021, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Default DX9 and DX10 salary range

Dear All, may I ask a question about the salary range for a DX9 and DX10? I understand that there is B - S - P grade, for each rank, but does DX9 really differ a lot from DX10? E.g. does a DX9P's salary differ alot from a DX10P?