MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 345 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3441 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure if anyone can answer this, understand that if parents who were previously born citizenship in another country to convert to SG citizenship, my cat 1 security clearance will fail. Is that true?
False. A lot of ang moh also serve NS and are cleared to serve the highest office.

Reply With Quote
  #3442 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone went for written test and interview was scheduled on another day? Any idea if can bring cameraphone on the day of interview?
No lack of locker for u to keep your phone if needed.

Just don't do silly thing like attempt to vlog.

Reply With Quote
  #3443 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear All, may I ask if its been more than 2 weeks of silence since they ask for my documents, does that mean that they are not interested?
The HR ladies are very friendly. Call them. Seriously.

Calling also make them feel u r interested in the job, no loss to you.

Reply With Quote
  #3444 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2020, 04:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default About G50 Form

Hi all, saw that quite a number of you were talking about the G50 form for DXO. I just googled and found that the form is a Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence), is that correct? If that's form, has anyone been requested to fill in that form after applying for the job, before any tests and interviews?

I am mid-career and recently applied for DXO post. After I applied online, the HR contacted me to submit all the documents and I filled in the Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence) (perhaps it is the G50 form). It has been almost one month and I have not received any email or call from them. Does it mean they are checking my background now even before the 2nd step?
Reply With Quote
  #3445 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, saw that quite a number of you were talking about the G50 form for DXO. I just googled and found that the form is a Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence), is that correct? If that's form, has anyone been requested to fill in that form after applying for the job, before any tests and interviews?

I am mid-career and recently applied for DXO post. After I applied online, the HR contacted me to submit all the documents and I filled in the Personal Particulars Form (Staff-in-Confidence) (perhaps it is the G50 form). It has been almost one month and I have not received any email or call from them. Does it mean they are checking my background now even before the 2nd step?
No background info how to help you.

At least list the things u already been through.

Psychometric test?

Interview?

No news is good news. They do send letter of rejection.
Reply With Quote
  #3446 (permalink)  
Old 22-11-2020, 06:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
really depends if interviewer want to know more why you decide to jump ship to become DXO
Easy 9-5 job, iron rice bowl, shielded from recession, jiak liao bee job, defence budget will never be cut, etc. Acceptable answers for interviewer?
Reply With Quote

  #3447 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Easy 9-5 job, iron rice bowl, shielded from recession, jiak liao bee job, defence budget will never be cut, etc. Acceptable answers for interviewer?
Your parents still love you. its ok, the past is the past. you have to let it go. Else, talk it out with your daddy.

some facts.
1. 8-6. may have extra shift work.
2. you can be asked to leave. probation lasts 1 year.
3. no bonus if economy dont do well. but yes, will not be asked to leave due to bad economy.
4. I've yet to see a jiak liao bee DXO job, at least for the degree holder positions.
5. yes, the absolute value wont be cut. but the increase can slow down and many depts will get squeezed, salary for new grads may be reduced, lower increment and welfare/benefits programs get cancelled etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3448 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2020, 04:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your parents still love you. its ok, the past is the past. you have to let it go. Else, talk it out with your daddy.

some facts.
1. 8-6. may have extra shift work.
2. you can be asked to leave. probation lasts 1 year.
3. no bonus if economy dont do well. but yes, will not be asked to leave due to bad economy.
4. I've yet to see a jiak liao bee DXO job, at least for the degree holder positions.
5. yes, the absolute value wont be cut. but the increase can slow down and many depts will get squeezed, salary for new grads may be reduced, lower increment and welfare/benefits programs get cancelled etc.
Hahaha if people working in MINDEF are not the most jiak liao bee employees in Singapore then how do you explain the fact that a certain South Asian country has already invaded us through legal channels without any bullets arguably through asymmetric warfare, and the people supposedly defending our country are trying to justify their iron rice bowls online, its sad really.

Just keep quiet and collect your paycheck and continue looking at life through your rose-tinted glasses
Reply With Quote
  #3449 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

any idea what is the average waiting time between interview and call for site preview during this period? ty
Reply With Quote
  #3450 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2020, 08:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha if people working in MINDEF are not the most jiak liao bee employees in Singapore then how do you explain the fact that a certain South Asian country has already invaded us through legal channels without any bullets arguably through asymmetric warfare, and the people supposedly defending our country are trying to justify their iron rice bowls online, its sad really.

Just keep quiet and collect your paycheck and continue looking at life through your rose-tinted glasses

are u dumb or what?

what has Mindef and DXO got to do with CECA?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,085 Replies, 1,410,860 Views
Keppel Associate Programme 2018 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,353 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,033 Replies, 1,903,980 Views
Career as a quant... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 42,682 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,056 Replies, 3,372,050 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,251,295 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,139 Replies, 3,954,664 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 875,319 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,575 Replies, 2,126,413 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
532 Replies, 154,326 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
392 Replies, 210,982 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
774 Replies, 399,063 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 40,410 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 8,220 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,709 Replies, 1,063,327 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,320 Replies, 325,480 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 17,480 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 131,045 Views
Advice for SAF regular pls
9 Replies, 1,176 Views
Usually is it ok to HR recruiters...
5 Replies, 1,407 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 37,895 Views
OCBC mortgage specialist
3 Replies, 3,330 Views
just want to know ur opinion
0 Replies, 180 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,219 Replies, 6,254,515 Views
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
8 Replies, 2,526 Views
What course should I undertake? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,114 Views
SIA Technical Services / Aerospace... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 9,589 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 106,053 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 19,151 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
646 Replies, 482,087 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2