MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 314 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3131 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
documents usually they can WFH no problem.

interviews and stuffs would take some time to coordinate, cause MINDEF/SAF not very digital for obvious security reasons - so they need to organise e-interviews and stuffs.

im also sure they would prioritise jobs that need in urgent demand first.
Yeah I agree that they will need time to coordinate etc but it will be nice of them to at least tell us you are shortlisted for site interview etc but unable to carry that out now etc, now is like waiting in the blind..for those with job offer might be in a tough spot

Reply With Quote
  #3132 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah I agree that they will need time to coordinate etc but it will be nice of them to at least tell us you are shortlisted for site interview etc but unable to carry that out now etc, now is like waiting in the blind..for those with job offer might be in a tough spot
im not a HR person, but i can imagine how much things they are handling because of COVID now.

anyway, usually the process is

(1) interview with HR and Hiring Mgr
(2) interview with Hiring Mgr at Site

the waiting game is norm - it applies to everyone, including myself when i first join. you can nudge them to ask for a follow-up (kindly), and see what they tell you to do.

Of course they shortlist through their metrics, and propose to Hiring Mgr on 'shortlisted' candidate. if Hiring Mgr is not around, then they also cannot make the decision.

Importantly, hiring mgr is all around SG and they work on different ops and schedule, that why now its really a challenge to organise such kind of things.

Reply With Quote
  #3133 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone know for executive position salary? and job grade is it 6-7? thanks

Reply With Quote
  #3134 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im not a HR person, but i can imagine how much things they are handling because of COVID now.

anyway, usually the process is

(1) interview with HR and Hiring Mgr
(2) interview with Hiring Mgr at Site

the waiting game is norm - it applies to everyone, including myself when i first join. you can nudge them to ask for a follow-up (kindly), and see what they tell you to do.

Of course they shortlist through their metrics, and propose to Hiring Mgr on 'shortlisted' candidate. if Hiring Mgr is not around, then they also cannot make the decision.

Importantly, hiring mgr is all around SG and they work on different ops and schedule, that why now its really a challenge to organise such kind of things.
I agree with you 100% on their workload now due to Covid 19 but..it will nice to at least have an update like no update from hiring manager etc yet..but oh well..guess it is part of the job
Reply With Quote
  #3135 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with you 100% on their workload now due to Covid 19 but..it will nice to at least have an update like no update from hiring manager etc yet..but oh well..guess it is part of the job
I also applied for a position with MINDEF during this period. Thus far, I have not received an invitation for PT yet. They have, however, requested that I apply for an additional role and submit more documents.

I am currently a civil servant (in fact, posted here before so hi again everyone!) and I believe that most civil servants are being mobilized for covid-19 stuffs. Therefore, I would believe that the manpower for the existing functions like HR are being stretched now. So this could probably explain why they may have overlooked to send you an update.

Also, I think recruitment as a whole (whether MINDEF or anywhere else) would be slowed lah unless the position is really really urgent. So we really bobian, have to suck it up and play the waiting game.

All the best bro/sis. Keep us updated on your progress.
Reply With Quote
  #3136 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone know for executive position salary? and job grade is it 6-7? thanks
not really sure but executive is a diploma level/diploma pay position
Reply With Quote

  #3137 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not really sure but executive is a diploma level/diploma pay position
yeah i know its a diploma level job, just wondering how much is the starting pay and will mindef low ba your salary?
Reply With Quote
  #3138 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah i know its a diploma level job, just wondering how much is the starting pay and will mindef low ba your salary?
i mean low ball
Reply With Quote
  #3139 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah i know its a diploma level job, just wondering how much is the starting pay and will mindef low ba your salary?
around 2400-2800 for new entrant??

civil service salary structure for non degree holder a bit low one
Reply With Quote
  #3140 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
around 2400-2800 for new entrant??

civil service salary structure for non degree holder a bit low one
haha its okay, will try to work myself up if got the chance. thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
987 Replies, 276,910 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
421 Replies, 276,017 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 46,581 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 53,495 Views
Python programmer skillz and pay
3 Replies, 254 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,874 Replies, 6,012,821 Views
What are your struggles having...
0 Replies, 66 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 17,645 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,449 Replies, 2,044,448 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 39,888 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 107,333 Views
Banker or Financial Advisor Career...
8 Replies, 1,039 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program...
3 Replies, 3,007 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,944 Replies, 1,803,669 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,320 Views
You Can Buy Happiness
8 Replies, 6,667 Views
I need advice
3 Replies, 410 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
8 Replies, 2,134 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,717 Replies, 3,162,370 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,961 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,084 Replies, 3,879,230 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 1,790 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,290 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 229,566 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,040 Replies, 830,545 Views
Advice for SAF regular pls
8 Replies, 668 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 144,402 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2