Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131514)
Nope, he just said they want to hire me and that he hopes to welcome me to the dept once all the security vetting is done. Then after tt went for security vetting and now waiting

If it will calm your nerves.

All the processes in MINDEF have their timeline stretched at the moment. Heck, if you’re a greenhorn applicant, we won’t be scheduling any psychometric tests soon.

In that regard, expect your G50 clearance to be delayed as well.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131523)

All the processes in MINDEF have their timeline stretched at the moment. Heck, if you’re a greenhorn applicant, we won’t be scheduling any psychometric tests soon.

are you from mindef? could you advise how long does sec clearance typically takes? i have waited for slightly 2 months>. is that normal?

Unregistered 01-04-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Oh. I'm actually at the MSD stage alrdy, so I'm assuming i cleared my G50.

Unregistered 01-04-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131531)
are you from mindef? could you advise how long does sec clearance typically takes? i have waited for slightly 2 months>. is that normal?

Same guy here. I’m not from HR but just a humble chap working in one of the dept in Mandai West with a shortfall in headcount. (We highlighted candidates that we’re eyeing to HR but we’re still waiting on them since Jan this year lol)

With that, I’m assuming everything else will be slowed down from this COVID-19 shenanigans.

Back to security clearances, I can’t give you a definitive answer but when I applied it took me a week but that’s because I’ve gone through Cat 2 back during my NSF days. I had female colleagues who had to wait a month before getting green lighted. Don’t worry, if you fail your security clearance, they’ll contact you.

No news is good news

Unregistered 01-04-2020 07:59 PM

Preview

Hi, can anyone advise if HR will get bk to you with a verbal offer after unit preview (since the hiring unit has expressed interest in getting you in)?

Is it only aft the verbal offer only then HR will start the clearance process?

Thks!

Unregistered 01-04-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131560)
Same guy here. I’m not from HR but just a humble chap working in one of the dept in Mandai West with a shortfall in headcount. (We highlighted candidates that we’re eyeing to HR but we’re still waiting on them since Jan this year lol)

With that, I’m assuming everything else will be slowed down from this COVID-19 shenanigans.

Back to security clearances, I can’t give you a definitive answer but when I applied it took me a week but that’s because I’ve gone through Cat 2 back during my NSF days. I had female colleagues who had to wait a month before getting green lighted. Don’t worry, if you fail your security clearance, they’ll contact you.

No news is good news

ok thank you so much!

Unregistered 01-04-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131562)
Hi, can anyone advise if HR will get bk to you with a verbal offer after unit preview (since the hiring unit has expressed interest in getting you in)?

Is it only aft the verbal offer only then HR will start the clearance process?

Thks!

i would think so. doesnt make sense to start your clearance without a verbal offer & only reject you when you're in the midst of getting cleared

Unregistered 02-04-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

what about interviews? I have done my pt last month and had no news ever since

Unregistered 05-04-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131608)
what about interviews? I have done my pt last month and had no news ever since

With the circuit breaker, can expect the wait for the rejection and interview to be longer.

Conducting an interview during this period must surely be seen as non essential.

Unregistered 05-04-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131826)
With the circuit breaker, can expect the wait for the rejection and interview to be longer.

Conducting an interview during this period must surely be seen as non essential.

unless the role is essential to the organisation.