MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 26 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #251 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2013, 04:44 PM
tiffany
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey which camp? SAF camp or Airforce camp? if its SAF is it a "S" camp?
neither. im w the navy

Reply With Quote
  #252 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
neither. im w the navy
wow, congrats on getting the job! does it mean you'll be working on the ship?

Reply With Quote
  #253 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
wanderer is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey everyone,
I am new here and am thinking of applying for three jobs at MINDEF. I am involved in this field and have about 15 years experience overseas but am thinking of coming back to Singapore. But am wondering what salary scale or appointment level ( e.g SAF rank) they are pegged at:

(1) Deputy Director (Maritime Security) ...
(2) Branch Head (International Security) ...
(3) Strategist (Strategic Futures) ...

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Reply With Quote
  #254 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Hey everyone,
I am new here and am thinking of applying for three jobs at MINDEF. I am involved in this field and have about 15 years experience overseas but am thinking of coming back to Singapore. But am wondering what salary scale or appointment level ( e.g SAF rank) they are pegged at:

(1) Deputy Director (Maritime Security) ...
(2) Branch Head (International Security) ...
(3) Strategist (Strategic Futures) ...

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Try to avoid any security departments. Security is very sensitive, they may not be able to fully trust you because you have been overseas for so long.
Reply With Quote
  #255 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys!
Just submitted my application a few days back but I'm a RMIT degree holder.
What are the chances of getting in?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #256 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys!
Just submitted my application a few days back but I'm a RMIT degree holder.
What are the chances of getting in?
Dont bother applying, they wont call you up. My friend from SIM-UOL with a first, did not even get any call up.
Reply With Quote

  #257 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont bother applying, they wont call you up. My friend from SIM-UOL with a first, did not even get any call up.
Yea, it is indeed difficult. I went for the psychometric test and around me were local deg holders (inclusive of below 2nd Upper). I believe the minimum is at least a local deg. Also, be mindful that the actual job description might not be what you think it is. I went for the second interview and the job description did not match what has been described on the job portal (job portal only provides a general template description). Hence, you might not really like what has been put in front of you during the actual interview. In summary, jobs are more on policy writing than actual operations.
Reply With Quote
  #258 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Yea, it is indeed difficult. I went for the psychometric test and around me were local deg holders (inclusive of below 2nd Upper). I believe the minimum is at least a local deg. Also, be mindful that the actual job description might not be what you think it is. I went for the second interview and the job description did not match what has been described on the job portal (job portal only provides a general template description). Hence, you might not really like what has been put in front of you during the actual interview. In summary, jobs are more on policy writing than actual operations.
hi, just wondering, how long did they take to call you up for interview after the psychometric test?
Reply With Quote
  #259 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, just wondering, how long did they take to call you up for interview after the psychometric test?
It was really fast for me...bout a week.
Reply With Quote
  #260 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi.. taking the P test this week.. im currently only a diploma holder.. any disadvantage if selected for interview as most opening requires a degree?.. and what about salary range?, is it good for diploma holder?..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,702 Replies, 4,870,191 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,002 Replies, 2,103,198 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,774 Replies, 1,361,924 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 258,962 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,272 Replies, 12,308,794 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,657 Replies, 1,498,663 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,893 Replies, 10,206,639 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,098 Replies, 2,251,613 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 49,919 Views
Top 10 degree programmes in...
3 Replies, 3,940 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,206 Replies, 3,336,165 Views
Staying in SPF or join another...
2 Replies, 561 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 55,469 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,264 Replies, 6,405,351 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,240 Replies, 592,163 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 743,873 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 73,928 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,015,295 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 323,890 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 426,691 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 525,639 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,303 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,345,195 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 310,227 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 388,102 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,723 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 986,981 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,351 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,889 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 486,675 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2