MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 251 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2501 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, may I check if DXO is bonded in the same ways as an SAF regular? Like 5 years etc, or is it like any other corporate job, 1 month notice etc.
no bond. most roles are 1 month notice.

Reply With Quote
  #2502 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious, is there anywhere to check the pay range for each sector in dxo corresponding to degree?
typical civil service pay ranging from 3 - 4ish. Most roles pay the in that range depending on degree class. First class seems be getting slightly over 4 these days, while a 3rd class could be around 3.3-3.6ish for an autonomous uni's degree, while a degree from SIM is worth 2.7-3ish?

Also to an earlier question:

I think MINDEF differentiates pass and 3rd class. Each increment in a degree class seems be around $150 which is pretty standard across civil service.


Defence has a little higher budget, so it can pay higher than compared to rest of civil service on average.

Reply With Quote
  #2503 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone reapplied after 1 year (rejected before) and got an interview?

Reply With Quote
  #2504 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Waiting time from site preview till job offer

Hi All,

Any idea how long is the waiting time from site preview to verbal job offer then contract signing?

How about the medical check up process?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2505 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

If you arenít selected for the interview, will they send an email? Only asking because some companies really didnít send.
And itís been 4ish weeks since my PT, so i want to be mentally prepared lol.
Reply With Quote
  #2506 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

Any idea how long is the waiting time from site preview to verbal job offer then contract signing?

How about the medical check up process?

Many thanks.
Waiting time can be from 1 day to 3 weeks, depending how much they want you. If you are not their first choice then it may take awhile for them to offer to the 1st, 2nd then if they all reject then to you. Usually if you within the 1st week, then you happen to be their first choice candidate!

Verbal offer to contract signing takes about 1-2 months depending on how fast you are, and how busy they are. Takes awhile for them to process and finalise a package for you. Medical can be scheduled soon after the offer, usually the following week. The bulk of the time is for the security clearance which may take 1-2 as a process itself. So that usually takes the longest while you will the waiting with health check.
Reply With Quote

  #2507 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Waiting time can be from 1 day to 3 weeks, depending how much they want you. If you are not their first choice then it may take awhile for them to offer to the 1st, 2nd then if they all reject then to you. Usually if you within the 1st week, then you happen to be their first choice candidate!

Verbal offer to contract signing takes about 1-2 months depending on how fast you are, and how busy they are. Takes awhile for them to process and finalise a package for you. Medical can be scheduled soon after the offer, usually the following week. The bulk of the time is for the security clearance which may take 1-2 as a process itself. So that usually takes the longest while you will the waiting with health check.
If you are career changer, depending on your notice, you may want to give notice when they offer you package because they will provide the package and final offer to you only when you oass both security and medical. Med chks just simple stuffs.
Reply With Quote
  #2508 (permalink)  
Old 20-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you arenít selected for the interview, will they send an email? Only asking because some companies really didnít send.
And itís been 4ish weeks since my PT, so i want to be mentally prepared lol.
In general no news means good news. After 4 weeks just drop them an email to ask about status
Reply With Quote
  #2509 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In general no news means good news. After 4 weeks just drop them an email to ask about status
Yup, hopefully. I did that, they said they would contact me this week but no news and itís friday. So...
Anyway i think itís more likely their first choice candidate is probably taking a long time to make a decision or something like that
Reply With Quote
  #2510 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup, hopefully. I did that, they said they would contact me this week but no news and itís friday. So...
Anyway i think itís more likely their first choice candidate is probably taking a long time to make a decision or something like that
Yes, usually that is the case. The first choice candidate is still considering on whether to take up the job as he/she might have other better offers eleswhere. I got offered last time once the other candidate turned it down.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 08:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 04:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,913 Replies, 5,119,517 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,854 Replies, 1,723,507 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
8 Replies, 736 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
371 Replies, 165,505 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,547 Replies, 1,213,178 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
609 Replies, 306,375 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 104,548 Views
aerospace engineer (rolls royce) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 57,128 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 20,338 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 42,266 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 50,126 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,008 Replies, 1,357,985 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 12,576 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
290 Replies, 48,314 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 74,917 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,688 Replies, 478,270 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
810 Replies, 411,367 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,138 Replies, 195,299 Views
Career advice
0 Replies, 117 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 148,574 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 254,190 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 70,188 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 11,430 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
384 Replies, 193,989 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,843 Replies, 2,067,107 Views
Monetary Authority of Singapore...
1 Replies, 342 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,368 Replies, 532,865 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 41,964 Views
NCS Salary range and Promotion...
2 Replies, 590 Views
Senior Lab officer @ IMRE
9 Replies, 4,192 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2