MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 239 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2381 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DXO has progression, just not as easy if you are a non-scholar. also to promote, the position above you has to be vacant. im sure this is similar to any company.
it seems like most jobs are like this for farmers in civil service or private sector in general, a position has to be vacant before someone progresses on - otherwise you can up the way to say a Senior Manager in the position at DXO.

i think for most jobs, if changing department would also require an interview. they just don't parachute you there because you want to - that is maybe true for scholars.

Reply With Quote
  #2382 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have not been called up for an interview yet but instead i received an email stating that they are still processing and will get back to me in 3-4weeks' time.

Able to advise what does this mean since normally they will either call you or reject after the PT?

Reply With Quote
  #2383 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have not been called up for an interview yet but instead i received an email stating that they are still processing and will get back to me in 3-4weeks' time.

Able to advise what does this mean since normally they will either call you or reject after the PT?
If you fail PT, you will be made known via email. No rejection means good news.

Sometimes they need to coordinate things like

1. PT results (Psychology Br)
2. Profile selection (Hiring Manager)

As highlighted in earlier posts, either of the following happens at stage 2:

A. hiring managers might want to wait for more applicants before come to interview OR
B. the position you applied is undergoing selection (i.e., you missed the boat to current round if a selection takes place) OR
C. you may have not been shortlisted to interview.

If they subsequently offer a candidate during stage 2B, then you will move down to your 2nd preference, and repeat stages all over onwards. Sometimes if all three choices are exhausted, then they will invite you to apply to other positions

I think just be patient and hope for the best!!

Reply With Quote
  #2384 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

do DXO get free medical (11b) like NSFs in polyclinic and in-camp medical centres?
Reply With Quote
  #2385 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2019, 01:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it seems like most jobs are like this for farmers in civil service or private sector in general, a position has to be vacant before someone progresses on - otherwise you can up the way to say a Senior Manager in the position at DXO.

i think for most jobs, if changing department would also require an interview. they just don't parachute you there because you want to - that is maybe true for scholars.
What they mean is that the DXO scheme doesn't have an ROA unlike other jobs. Your future isnt planned for and you are basically expected to apply for a new job if you want a promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #2386 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
do DXO get free medical (11b) like NSFs in polyclinic and in-camp medical centres?
In camp yes, outside just $20 subsidy.
Reply With Quote

  #2387 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Interview after Test

Hi All,

Just wondering how long is the wait between the interview & the test?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2388 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

Just wondering how long is the wait between the interview & the test?

Many thanks.
depends on the shortlisting process.

someone already explained:

Quote:
If you fail PT, you will be made known via email. No rejection means good news.

Sometimes they need to coordinate things like

1. PT results (Psychology Br)
2. Profile selection (Hiring Manager)

As highlighted in earlier posts, either of the following happens at stage 2:

A. hiring managers might want to wait for more applicants before come to interview OR
B. the position you applied is undergoing selection (i.e., you missed the boat to current round if a selection takes place) OR
C. you may have not been shortlisted to interview.

If they subsequently offer a candidate during stage 2B, then you will move down to your 2nd preference, and repeat stages all over onwards. Sometimes if all three choices are exhausted, then they will invite you to apply to other positions

I think just be patient and hope for the best!!
Reply With Quote
  #2389 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

Just wondering how long is the wait between the interview & the test?

Many thanks.
depends on the shortlisting process. someone already explained:

Quote:
If you fail PT, you will be made known via email. No rejection means good news.

Sometimes they need to coordinate things like

1. PT results (Psychology Br)
2. Profile selection (Hiring Manager)

As highlighted in earlier posts, either of the following happens at stage 2:

A. hiring managers might want to wait for more applicants before come to interview OR
B. the position you applied is undergoing selection (i.e., you missed the boat to current round if a selection takes place) OR
C. you may have not been shortlisted to interview.

If they subsequently offer a candidate during stage 2B, then you will move down to your 2nd preference, and repeat stages all over onwards. Sometimes if all three choices are exhausted, then they will invite you to apply to other positions

I think just be patient and hope for the best!!
Reply With Quote
  #2390 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

Just wondering how long is the wait between the interview & the test?

Many thanks.
Can be as fast as 1 week and as slow as 1-2 months because HR does not select you. They send your profile to the hiring managers for selection and HR decides when they want to do the interview when they are free

Sometimes they need to coordinate things like

1. PT results (Psychology Br)
2. Profile selection (Hiring Manager)

As highlighted in earlier posts, either of the following happens at stage 2:

A. hiring managers might want to wait for more applicants before come to interview OR
B. the position you applied is undergoing selection (i.e., you missed the boat to current round if a selection takes place) OR
C. you may have not been shortlisted to interview.

If they subsequently offer a candidate during stage 2B, then you will move down to your 2nd preference, and repeat stages all over onwards. Sometimes if all three choices are exhausted, then they will invite you to apply to other positions

I think just be patient and hope for the best!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,349 Replies, 1,937,841 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 18,193 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,269 Replies, 2,755,298 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,763 Views
Income from casino
5 Replies, 707 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 1,008,875 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
731 Replies, 221,899 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,347 Replies, 5,681,140 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,083 Replies, 1,297,750 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,956 Replies, 3,761,439 Views
Q: Big 4 Hiring Status
4 Replies, 494 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 83,003 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry...
0 Replies, 110 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,323 Replies, 926,124 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,948 Replies, 1,104,884 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 448,559 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 462,293 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 4,356 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 4,445 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 1,650,212 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
990 Replies, 772,722 Views
Advantages
2 Replies, 1,072 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 121,447 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
7 Replies, 507 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,832 Replies, 284,291 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 34,964 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2