MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 213 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2121 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nope. from what i know is that you manage a bunch of contractors who perform infra jobs on SAF buildings. basically you make sure they do their job according to contract and pay them correctly.
Agree. Managers tend to be very administrative. Just don't be like Smrt, signing off without any checks until contractor take money for free. If you don't want to "get dirty" make sure they take pictures for you. you must know the standard required to be pass. you are the manager, and you are accountable.

Reply With Quote
  #2122 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Facilities Manager DXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agree. Managers tend to be very administrative. Just don't be like Smrt, signing off without any checks until contractor take money for free. If you don't want to "get dirty" make sure they take pictures for you. you must know the standard required to be pass. you are the manager, and you are accountable.
Hi both,

Thank you so much for the information! I was still wondering am I supposed to be climbing buildings/going down drains for checks. XD

Reply With Quote
  #2123 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi both,

Thank you so much for the information! I was still wondering am I supposed to be climbing buildings/going down drains for checks. XD
You are welcome. FM role tends to be reserved for military incik that need a job outside SAF when they reach retirement. If you don't fall into this category don't have too high hopes that you will be shortlisted. A comfortable job to thank this category of people for their service to the nation. If it is demanding, your boss will inform you at the interview of the nuances.

Reply With Quote
  #2124 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Facilities Manager DXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are welcome. FM role tends to be reserved for military incik that need a job outside SAF when they reach retirement. If you don't fall into this category don't have too high hopes that you will be shortlisted. A comfortable job to thank this category of people for their service to the nation. If it is demanding, your boss will inform you at the interview of the nuances.
Thanks for sharing. Sadly I am not a military incik hahah.. just a young adult who have 2 years of work experience. Wonder why I was still shortlisted for an interview...Guess I will not bear high hopes!
Reply With Quote
  #2125 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing. Sadly I am not a military incik hahah.. just a young adult who have 2 years of work experience. Wonder why I was still shortlisted for an interview...Guess I will not bear high hopes!
Still, do your best buddy. The SAF likes you for some particular reason. They usually shortlist no more than 4 people per position because the commanders themselves are very busy. If you need the job prepare for it. Plenty of tips in the thread.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2126 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2019, 11:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink Facilities Manager DXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Still, do your best buddy. The SAF likes you for some particular reason. They usually shortlist no more than 4 people per position because the commanders themselves are very busy. If you need the job prepare for it. Plenty of tips in the thread.
Hey bud thanks alot for the encouragement man! Yes I do agree this thread has been so informative so far. All the best in whatever you're doing as well! Cheers.
Reply With Quote

  #2127 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Still, do your best buddy. The SAF likes you for some particular reason. They usually shortlist no more than 4 people per position because the commanders themselves are very busy. If you need the job prepare for it. Plenty of tips in the thread.
I agree. HR called me a few days after PT to enquiry if I am willing to lower my expected salary. She said that my profile is highly favorable. Apparently they can only call a certain number of candidates to meet commanders. In my heart I was thinking, they called me just to clock numbers, to prove they have tried their best to offer adequate alternatives.

Turned out that on the day of interview, they invited 4 candidates, one from each age bracket. 20s 30s 40s 50s. I am 30s. Since I felt that I was there to clock numbers for SAF, no loss right... So I did myself justice by executing my customised self intro, then at an appropriate moment I politely asked the commander, why they called me when this position is usually for XXXX type of profile. Afterall I had nothing to lose.

Apparently my commander don't want a person ex or current military just to throw a spanner into the dept due to some master plan I cannot share here. HR also assured me that all candidates had equal opportunity.

Today I am praying for clearance to Pass (very soon).

If you like what they wrote on the website, and you are serious about serving the public and take home an okay salary, do your best bud, dont let the idea of "Encik job" sway your confidence.
Reply With Quote
  #2128 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face Mindef DXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree. HR called me a few days after PT to enquiry if I am willing to lower my expected salary. She said that my profile is highly favorable. Apparently they can only call a certain number of candidates to meet commanders. In my heart I was thinking, they called me just to clock numbers, to prove they have tried their best to offer adequate alternatives.

Turned out that on the day of interview, they invited 4 candidates, one from each age bracket. 20s 30s 40s 50s. I am 30s. Since I felt that I was there to clock numbers for SAF, no loss right... So I did myself justice by executing my customised self intro, then at an appropriate moment I politely asked the commander, why they called me when this position is usually for XXXX type of profile. Afterall I had nothing to lose.

Apparently my commander don't want a person ex or current military just to throw a spanner into the dept due to some master plan I cannot share here. HR also assured me that all candidates had equal opportunity.

Today I am praying for clearance to Pass (very soon).

If you like what they wrote on the website, and you are serious about serving the public and take home an okay salary, do your best bud, dont let the idea of "Encik job" sway your confidence.
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. All the best to you! Just wondering possible to nego salary w them? I know they have some kind of range base on class of honours.
Reply With Quote
  #2129 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2019, 07:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Pay Range DXO

Hi all! Since this thread seems alive I would like to take the chance to ask about pay range. How high a range can I quote if I only have second lower honours degree from a local university without NS experience.

Thank you all in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #2130 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all! Since this thread seems alive I would like to take the chance to ask about pay range. How high a range can I quote if I only have second lower honours degree from a local university without NS experience.

Thank you all in advance!
Better to have quality replies rather thrash talk such as EDMW. Most of the salary questions are already answered actually. Try keywords such as FCH, Fresh Graduate, etc. Plus minus 100 bucks since gahmen is based on formula. You may search thru Google too.

Anyway...
Each level of honours adds about 100 bucks. NS adds about 200 bucks. Universities have many tier, private, national, foreign, distance learning in SG. Plain vanilla pass from Private uni is 2.6k. Finance dept and cybersecurity and policy dept all pays differently.

If you are comparing purely Salary, private vs public, and aiming for the highest, then based on your qualification don't bother with gahmen. The difference can be $500 or more. Best paid candidates would be our 7 recognized universities.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 10,433 Views
Summer Internships 2020
6 Replies, 79 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,977 Replies, 2,183,356 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,315 Replies, 1,468,288 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,514 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,690 Replies, 1,011,766 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,076 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,776 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,042 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,118 Replies, 5,276,072 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 120,658 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,024 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 254 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 94,516 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 74,347 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 69,777 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,369 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,573 Replies, 1,219,486 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
6 Replies, 1,769 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 37,135 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,494 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,067 Views
Save A LOT on your Vitamins
5 Replies, 3,117 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 13,834 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
0 Replies, 107 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 715,831 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 79,592 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 20,862 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2