MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 212 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2111 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Some advice, please

HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq

Reply With Quote
  #2112 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Unregisteredddd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Good on you buddy.
yea correct, on average, usually ppl cannot finish and usually, its around 40 + questions completed out of 60 for the pattern one for a average person. Those more zai one probably can do around 50. and i realize the pattern test can be found online. not just found online but the exact same pattern and they asked in the same sequence.lol

Reply With Quote
  #2113 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?

Reply With Quote
  #2114 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
Reply With Quote
  #2115 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink About 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
It's true, depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping. The jobs market is really competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #2116 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink About 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.
Reply With Quote

  #2117 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. site previewInterview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of site preview interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.
Sorry, should use the term site preview instead of interview.

fortunately i took the site preview seriously and was prepared, I strongly believe in the challenge ~ what would you say to your CEO to score points if you took the lift together. Managed to score points and chat for 30 mins with my boss.
Reply With Quote
  #2118 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq
You got it. Salary is king. Dx9 or dx10 means nothing except if you insist to play rank in a very political environment. Outstanding snr mgr is easier to achieve than outstanding director. Maybe others have different views.
Reply With Quote
  #2119 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Facilities Manager DXO

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2120 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
nope. from what i know is that you manage a bunch of contractors who perform infra jobs on SAF buildings. basically you make sure they do their job according to contract and pay them correctly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,450 Replies, 660,902 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,619 Replies, 9,266,309 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,825 Replies, 3,679,050 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,708 Replies, 2,627,985 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 18,315 Views
Work in pharmacy
3 Replies, 1,304 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,463 Replies, 6,742,419 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,102 Replies, 2,011,502 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,340 Replies, 5,143,537 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,002 Replies, 902,509 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,401 Replies, 2,407,875 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,263 Replies, 1,061,149 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,873 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,620 Replies, 2,100,853 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
529 Replies, 192,162 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
254 Replies, 267,458 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,195 Replies, 551,356 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,656 Replies, 3,200,874 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,363 Replies, 296,649 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,999 Replies, 777,461 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
997 Replies, 220,896 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,216 Replies, 927,946 Views
Private hospitals
8 Replies, 1,969 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
509 Replies, 263,954 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 448,503 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,093 Replies, 405,216 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,042 Replies, 676,798 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
555 Replies, 211,470 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
697 Replies, 609,389 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 606,118 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2