MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 212 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2111 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Some advice, please

HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq

Reply With Quote
  #2112 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Unregisteredddd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Good on you buddy.
yea correct, on average, usually ppl cannot finish and usually, its around 40 + questions completed out of 60 for the pattern one for a average person. Those more zai one probably can do around 50. and i realize the pattern test can be found online. not just found online but the exact same pattern and they asked in the same sequence.lol

Reply With Quote
  #2113 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?

Reply With Quote
  #2114 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
Reply With Quote
  #2115 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink About 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
It's true, depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping. The jobs market is really competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #2116 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink About 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.
Reply With Quote

  #2117 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Ambition
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. site previewInterview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of site preview interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.
Sorry, should use the term site preview instead of interview.

fortunately i took the site preview seriously and was prepared, I strongly believe in the challenge ~ what would you say to your CEO to score points if you took the lift together. Managed to score points and chat for 30 mins with my boss.
Reply With Quote
  #2118 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq
You got it. Salary is king. Dx9 or dx10 means nothing except if you insist to play rank in a very political environment. Outstanding snr mgr is easier to achieve than outstanding director. Maybe others have different views.
Reply With Quote
  #2119 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Facilities Manager DXO

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2120 (permalink)  
Old 21-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
nope. from what i know is that you manage a bunch of contractors who perform infra jobs on SAF buildings. basically you make sure they do their job according to contract and pay them correctly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
50 Replies, 10,581 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 69,808 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,691 Replies, 1,011,845 Views
Summer Internships 2020
6 Replies, 99 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,977 Replies, 2,183,474 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,315 Replies, 1,468,443 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,541 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,121 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,785 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,048 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,118 Replies, 5,276,303 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 120,664 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,027 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 260 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 94,519 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 74,354 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,381 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,573 Replies, 1,219,580 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
6 Replies, 1,770 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 37,145 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,510 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,067 Views
Save A LOT on your Vitamins
5 Replies, 3,118 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 13,835 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
0 Replies, 107 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 715,843 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 79,592 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 20,875 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2