Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 14-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Question Some advice, please

HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq

Old 16-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Unregisteredddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Good on you buddy.
yea correct, on average, usually ppl cannot finish and usually, its around 40 + questions completed out of 60 for the pattern one for a average person. Those more zai one probably can do around 50. and i realize the pattern test can be found online. not just found online but the exact same pattern and they asked in the same sequence.lol

Old 16-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?

Old 17-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Anyone knows the timeline from site preview to verbal offer?
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Ambition

Wink About 14 days.

Quote:
no timeline. if your boss like you during site preview, they will inform HR to offer you.

for myself, around 1 week because i immediately tell the boss i want join them and she immediately let HR know. after that depends on HR efficiency liao.
It's true, depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping. The jobs market is really competitive.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Ambition

Wink About 14 days.

Quote:

Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. Interview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.

Old 17-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Indeed depends on HR. Usually HR will try to combine the call with good news together with the ballpark salary. In my case I think i was a special case because i had a gap in employment, but in this gap i further my studies, and a couple of other matters that i know do affect the formula.

To be quantitative my good news (of being the top choice ) and the ball park salary was a week apart. So its like this. site previewInterview 1st day. Good news 8th day Ballpark salary 15th day. 8th day was because I sent a polite email to follow up, else maybe the call may come on 15th day.

On the day of site preview interview the second candidate did not turn up so I pounced on the opportunity to convince my boss of my strengths and sales talk a bit, and my boss was sold.

Show that you are hungry and not window shopping.
Sorry, should use the term site preview instead of interview.

fortunately i took the site preview seriously and was prepared, I strongly believe in the challenge ~ what would you say to your CEO to score points if you took the lift together. Managed to score points and chat for 30 mins with my boss.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
HR contacted me with an approved offer.

On the portal, the position advertised is "director"

Based on the experience, I am overqualified. Based on the title, I am under qualified (now a manager) but I am sure I did well in the interview and my new boss likes me. Exceeded his expectation. I know I am behind my peers by at least 2k and 1 rank.

Current Salary = $9. Title=manager
Initial offer: Salary = $10. Title=director. Dx 12
Approved : Salary = $12. Title=Senior Mgr. Dx 11

What happened? Is anybody able to advise?

All is just an example, I just want to indicate that salary increased, the rest dropped.

I agree that that salary is king, I concur but I hope to know what's going on. The rank somewhat matters. if one day I go back to corporate, many invite you to the interview based on perceived rank too.

Should I press for the higher dx rank, will I lose out when it comes to ranking, PB etc?

Tq
You got it. Salary is king. Dx9 or dx10 means nothing except if you insist to play rank in a very political environment. Outstanding snr mgr is easier to achieve than outstanding director. Maybe others have different views.
Old 20-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Smile Facilities Manager DXO

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
Old 21-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows about the actual job functions for a facilities manager? Does it involve alot of physical work such as climbing up heights etc..

Appreciate all responses. Thank you!
nope. from what i know is that you manage a bunch of contractors who perform infra jobs on SAF buildings. basically you make sure they do their job according to contract and pay them correctly.