Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 15-10-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110568)
$2600. but 5 day work week. loads of breaks at canteen and toilet. loads of pointless meetings discussing about things that already been decided by superiors way before hand. good place to just kill 25 years of your life before you retire and do some relax job to wind down your remaining years. try to buy more long sleeve shirts.

Applies to scholars and white horses as well, but I say multiply the starting salary by 2-3 times. Golden parachute to GLCs at the end of your career a possibility.

Unregistered 16-10-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110872)
Applies to scholars and white horses as well, but I say multiply the starting salary by 2-3 times. Golden parachute to GLCs at the end of your career a possibility.

lol 2 ignorant people who pretends to know the job.

Unregistered 22-10-2018 03:05 PM

Anyone did the PT on 10 Oct and gotten a call/reply?

Unregistered 22-10-2018 06:17 PM

Current job vacancies for many of the post are having title of manager.

Requirements are that tertiary and/or no experience candidates.

So, they really do hire Diploma holders with no working experience to be managers? How does that even work? Or is it just title inflation?

Unregistered 23-10-2018 10:43 PM

Manager position under 4k

Giving back to the community

Almost 2019 already, below 4k for manager. The post came with an asterix meaning no experience also can apply.

Salary does not commensurate with experience.

8 years of relevant experience
Relevant NTU Masters degree
Private university
To be fair, I hope to climb up to managerial.
No matter how I count, dunno how they count. 1 year 100 is it? Maybe it makes sense if my private degree starts at 2600.

Manager and above, the PT score determines if HR software automatically sends you an email of rejection once your score is filled in.

The lady whom I spoke with sounded really desperate and dejected, must have been scolded by so many candidates with experience, offering them under 4k when their previous job was in the 6 or 7k region.

This shows you that government is now trying to absorb jobless people with minimum wage.

The good thing is the solid bonuses and family oriented culture. Never going to small business ever.

Unregistered 24-10-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111068)
Current job vacancies for many of the post are having title of manager.

Requirements are that tertiary and/or no experience candidates.

So, they really do hire Diploma holders with no working experience to be managers? How does that even work? Or is it just title inflation?

tertiary here refers to degree holders. its not title inflation.

normanlai 25-10-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111058)
Anyone did the PT on 10 Oct and gotten a call/reply?

Rejection email will reach within 3 working days if your score is not within their range. Maybe more people are hoping to resign from their current position, so HR is swamped with applicants hoping to start work in 2019.

If you have waited till now, no news is good news. You may consider to contact HR.

normanlai 25-10-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111106)
tertiary here refers to degree holders. its not title inflation.

Having worked in both public and private, both have managers that are really bottom feeders without anyone to manage. I'm not including OL that may serve as admin support to multiple people.

Title inflation is so rampant nowadays the executive application form asks to indicate number of subordinates.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 01:50 PM

Anyone went for the PT on 1 Nov and have received any reply from Mindef? I know it will take quite long but can’t help but feel anxious haha.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111448)
Anyone went for the PT on 1 Nov and have received any reply from Mindef? I know it will take quite long but can’t help but feel anxious haha.

Rejection very fast, hiring takes forever.
Don't forget now end of year all go holiday plus surge in people applying for new job in the new year.