MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 167 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1661 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi will they call or email if you're selected for interview?

Reply With Quote
  #1662 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've read through the thread and so far there wasn't much info on working locations. Would we be able to find out where we will be posted to based on the position(s) we applied for? Understand that there's no info on the DXO website (probably due to security reasons), but can we email the HR personnel to ask even before applying for the job?

Reply With Quote
  #1663 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've read through the thread and so far there wasn't much info on working locations. Would we be able to find out where we will be posted to based on the position(s) we applied for? Understand that there's no info on the DXO website (probably due to security reasons), but can we email the HR personnel to ask even before applying for the job?
DXOs typically work at civilian dominated camps like Depot Road Camp (a.k.a CMPB at DTTB) or MINDEF HQ (Gombak/Bukit Panjang Camp).

Reply With Quote
  #1664 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DXOs typically work at civilian dominated camps like Depot Road Camp (a.k.a CMPB at DTTB) or MINDEF HQ (Gombak/Bukit Panjang Camp).
Thanks, what are the typical positions for either location? Heard that HR would be posted to CMPB, what about Finance, IT, Comms, etc?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1665 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I did the psychometric test last week and noticed that in the attendance list where you're required to sign before you enter the room, the last column shows a position that you've applied for. Mine was my 2nd choice out of the 3 - do I assume that I'll be assessed for that position?
Reply With Quote
  #1666 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks, what are the typical positions for either location? Heard that HR would be posted to CMPB, what about Finance, IT, Comms, etc?
For IT, most of them are stationed at Gombak, especially those pertaining to forensics. As far as I know, there are Finance positions within CMPB and Gombak, so this really depends on the unit/department you are posted to. Comms positions are at CMPB. Research/Organisational Psychologists are at CMPB, whereas Clinical Psychologist would be at the respective units they are deployed to.
Reply With Quote

  #1667 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did the psychometric test last week and noticed that in the attendance list where you're required to sign before you enter the room, the last column shows a position that you've applied for. Mine was my 2nd choice out of the 3 - do I assume that I'll be assessed for that position?
Yeah, you are getting assessed for your second choice. But the PT is valid for some time, 1 year or so, I think. So they would still keep your test scores and consider you for your other choices if you do not get shortlisted for your current one.
Reply With Quote
  #1668 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, you are getting assessed for your second choice. But the PT is valid for some time, 1 year or so, I think. So they would still keep your test scores and consider you for your other choices if you do not get shortlisted for your current one.
Hmm ok thx.. if I put down a position as a 2nd choice, does it affect my chances against those who put it as 1st?
Reply With Quote
  #1669 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone who did the test in aug got called up yet?
Reply With Quote
  #1670 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is there any way to view the no of vacancies for each position? don't see it on the mindef website not [email protected]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,784 Replies, 271,891 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,609 Replies, 2,610,282 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,665 Replies, 1,607,364 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,296 Replies, 1,908,112 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 287,739 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 13,823 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,914 Replies, 1,085,140 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 75,974 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,105 Replies, 5,585,033 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,666 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
377 Replies, 250,850 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 783,987 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 970,840 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 798 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,088 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,326 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,098 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,772 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 564,949 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,154 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 22,112 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 528 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,412 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,957 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,447 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,551 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 500,019 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 241 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,149 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,119 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2