MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 157 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1561 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will there be a difference in career path should a Unisim degree holder apply for Assistant Executive position(diploma requirement)? Have about 9 years related exp and recently came across this Assistant Executive position, but unsure on the path i will be taking.
i would assume you meant career progression.

if you perform well, you still have a chance to make it to executive, assuming MINDEF recognises your degree as relevant. However, why not apply for executive positions directly?

Reply With Quote
  #1562 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

are we allowed to bring our own calculators for the psychometric test?

if not allowed, what calculator model do they provide us with during the test?

also, do they provide several blank paper for us to write rough working?

thanks in advance

Reply With Quote
  #1563 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have been registered for a PT test in the last week of June. Is it normal to be arranged a date almost a month later?

Btw, is it okie to leave personal details of your referral blank? Such as NRIC and address? I feel that it's kind of weird to ask your colleagues / seniors for their NRIC..

Reply With Quote
  #1564 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are we allowed to bring our own calculators for the psychometric test?

if not allowed, what calculator model do they provide us with during the test?

also, do they provide several blank paper for us to write rough working?

thanks in advance
no calculators needed. its logical questions, not maths.
and i find it weird you are asking the calculator model. you wont be asked to draw graphs or use exponential/ logarithms.
as there is no maths, no need rough working.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1565 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been registered for a PT test in the last week of June. Is it normal to be arranged a date almost a month later?

Btw, is it okie to leave personal details of your referral blank? Such as NRIC and address? I feel that it's kind of weird to ask your colleagues / seniors for their NRIC..
its normal. if you hit peak period (which is usually after uni students get back their results), may wait even longer due to more applications.

eventually they will ask you to fill in referral. no point leaving it empty. referral doesn't mean ask colleagues to recommend you to the job. just ask your close friends. anyone will do.
Reply With Quote
  #1566 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no calculators needed. its logical questions, not maths.
and i find it weird you are asking the calculator model. you wont be asked to draw graphs or use exponential/ logarithms.
as there is no maths, no need rough working.
because different calculator models have different input manner & diff button placements. if you're not familiar with a certain calc model, you waste time during the using of the calculator in the time-tight test. (and it's unfair if some candidates heng heng very familiar with the provided calculator while the remaining suay ones struggle with the learning curve during the test itself. how stressful pls) and of course, i'm only referring to Scientific calculators (those permitted for GCE O-levels kind).

i just find it weird that mindef's test doesn't involve math and calculation. most Psychometric tests have numerical component.
Reply With Quote

  #1567 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
because different calculator models have different input manner & diff button placements. if you're not familiar with a certain calc model, you waste time during the using of the calculator in the time-tight test. (and it's unfair if some candidates heng heng very familiar with the provided calculator while the remaining suay ones struggle with the learning curve during the test itself. how stressful pls) and of course, i'm only referring to Scientific calculators (those permitted for GCE O-levels kind).

i just find it weird that mindef's test doesn't involve math and calculation. most Psychometric tests have numerical component.
Mindef PT comprises only 3 components:
Verbal reasoning
Matrix reasoning
Personality test

No maths component whatsoever. I understand many organisations have a numeracy component to their psychometric assessment but not for Mindef...

Anyway you have 1 piece of rough paper cos there might be some items you might need to do some rough workings if you can't do it mentally.
Reply With Quote
  #1568 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

while filling in the particulars of my referees i was stunned a bit, because i do not know their personal details such as IC no. & home address. they were my former bosses, you see. so i think it's really weird to approach them to provide me such personal details. do you think i should still ask them for it? or can i write 'NA' or 'NIL' or something similar in these fields?
Reply With Quote
  #1569 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For the Citizen Cert No. and Citizenship Certificate document, both do not apply to me if I am a Singapore Citizen by birth, right?
Reply With Quote
  #1570 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Waiting
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
while filling in the particulars of my referees i was stunned a bit, because i do not know their personal details such as IC no. & home address. they were my former bosses, you see. so i think it's really weird to approach them to provide me such personal details. do you think i should still ask them for it? or can i write 'NA' or 'NIL' or something similar in these fields?
Nope, HR will ask you for them again during the interview stage. Friends are accepted, as advised by kind respondents prior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,702 Replies, 777,846 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months...
4 Replies, 393 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,194 Replies, 1,853,468 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 960 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
907 Replies, 735,970 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,539 Replies, 5,426,855 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
710 Replies, 340,055 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,561 Replies, 2,358,082 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
302 Replies, 238,186 Views
Do most MNCs pay better than the... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 1,997 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,437 Replies, 743,694 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,804 Replies, 1,053,616 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,228 Replies, 230,393 Views
What house should I buy after... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 8,077 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 15,817 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A...
6 Replies, 765 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,549 Replies, 1,543,455 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,136 Replies, 875,507 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
801 Replies, 531,754 Views
Singapore Land Authority
5 Replies, 854 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
222 Replies, 42,445 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
344 Replies, 273,363 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 32,784 Views
Engineer in PUB ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 14,250 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
287 Replies, 89,671 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 9,935 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,970 Replies, 913,468 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 7,932 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
454 Replies, 82,078 Views
Dentist Salary
5 Replies, 5,780 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2