Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 03-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39400)
Hey, they called me yesterday and I went for the site preview. So, it's a three day wait for the call. All the best !

Congrats! May I know wad position did you apply for? Is it HR?

Unregistered 03-07-2013 02:47 PM

received a rejection e-mail late June and now received another e-mail from someone else stating that the position i applied has opened up asking me whether i am interested to pursue, but i already have a job. :P

Unregistered 05-07-2013 08:15 PM

MINDEF DXO (IT Positions) - Psychometric Test

Hi,

I would like to find out whether anyone of you did applied for MINDEF DXO (IT positions) before?

I am shortlisted for Psychometric Test but I read through many forums, it is clear that the test is torturing and not many could finish the test within the time given.

Hence, I am wondering did anyone of falls into the category of not being able to finish the test but was offered an interview?

Your response will be greatly appreciated. :-)

Unregistered 06-07-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39545)
Hi,

I would like to find out whether anyone of you did applied for MINDEF DXO (IT positions) before?

I am shortlisted for Psychometric Test but I read through many forums, it is clear that the test is torturing and not many could finish the test within the time given.

Hence, I am wondering did anyone of falls into the category of not being able to finish the test but was offered an interview?

The test is mind-numbing. But if you have been to NS, you shouldve taken the same psychometric test. Finishing is not the problem. Sure can finish, quite a reasonable amount of time. Just that after staring at the screen for 2 hours, your mind goes numb and you start picking random answers just to get it over with.

Unregistered 06-07-2013 07:54 AM

Thank you very much for your response. You are such a kind soul. :-)

However, I am a female and have not been to NS. So, the test is exactly the same as the Pre-NS screening Psychometric Test?

I am very worried because I did a number of such tests (Psychometric, SHL) from other big companies and failed a number of time despite practicing.

You are right, when staring at the screen for a long time, mind really goes crazy and start to lose patient.

Any advise?

Unregistered 06-07-2013 11:47 AM

Hi dont worry too much bout the test, I didnt manage to finish too but got calles up for interview n site preview. Dont worry jus a gauge of whether u r suitable for e job, not exactly a test.

Unregistered 06-07-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39563)
Thank you very much for your response. You are such a kind soul. :-)

However, I am a female and have not been to NS. So, the test is exactly the same as the Pre-NS screening Psychometric Test?

I am very worried because I did a number of such tests (Psychometric, SHL) from other big companies and failed a number of time despite practicing.

You are right, when staring at the screen for a long time, mind really goes crazy and start to lose patient.

Any advise?

You cant practice for a psychometric test lol. You cant practice for this one either. Not really your mind go crazy la. Just that you lose concentration and focus after a few hours. They also want to see how well you think under a pressured situation when you are not at your 'peak'. That is why the psychometric test is dragged for so long.

Unregistered 06-07-2013 03:34 PM

Wow~ Thanks everyone for the sharings! You guys are such a kind soul. Have a lovely weekend.

Guest 11-07-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39545)
Hi,

Hi. I did the test last friday, 5th July. I received a call earlier for an interview scheduled on 23rd July. I applied for a job with the HR department.

The test is manageable. On the first test, I only managed to complete 56/60 questions. The other two test I had ample time to complete them. For those who are going for the psychometric test, do not be dishearten if you do not complete. I guess the best method is to take the test with a calm state of mind. It is nothing too difficult, just concentrate on your test and do not be perturbed with completing the test or how fast the other applicants are going at. By the way the 3rd/final test is a personality test, you have all the time in the world to do that test. And there's no right or wrong answer. So good luck for your test!!

Unregistered 11-07-2013 05:24 PM

I heard from my friends working at various ministries that the pay grade are almost the same. Which means:

2nd Upper (Hons) with NS: ~S$3.6k

Approximately $100-200 differences with every degree grade. Therefore,

2nd Lower (Hons) with NS: ~S$3.4k
3rd Class (Hons)/Pass with merit and NS: ~S$3.2k

For the ladies, you can expect roughly $200 lesser since you were not conscripted for NS.

The above are the basic salary. I believe the ministry may be willing to offer more according to your job experiences, the position you applied for (senior position) etc...