MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 146 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1451 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Attempted the PT in late Dec 2016, till now still not invited to any interview nor received any rejection email. Anyone facing the same situation as me?

Reply With Quote
  #1452 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Attempted the PT in late Dec 2016, till now still not invited to any interview nor received any rejection email. Anyone facing the same situation as me?
Attempted mine in late Jan and also no replies yet

Reply With Quote
  #1453 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

will my progression as a DXO be hindered if i do not complete my 10 cycles of reservist by the time I'm 40? anybody knows? thanks for the help

Pes C9L2 (Temporary) for 10 years already, 32 this year.. never go reservist b4.. just got called for interview recently..

any constructive comments are welcomed

Reply With Quote
  #1454 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2017, 04:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
will my progression as a DXO be hindered if i do not complete my 10 cycles of reservist by the time I'm 40? anybody knows? thanks for the help

Pes C9L2 (Temporary) for 10 years already, 32 this year.. never go reservist b4.. just got called for interview recently..

any constructive comments are welcomed
i do not think reservist cycles determines career progression. they are not related at all. my unit has many DXOs, many of whom are still serving reservist and some are not. another good thing is that for DXOs, going for reservist is not frowned upon too. just need to hand over properly.

PES status also doesnt affect progression.
Reply With Quote
  #1455 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i do not think reservist cycles determines career progression. they are not related at all. my unit has many DXOs, many of whom are still serving reservist and some are not. another good thing is that for DXOs, going for reservist is not frowned upon too. just need to hand over properly.

PES status also doesnt affect progression.
hi, thanks for your input. really appreciate it

allow me to expand on my concern. I am asking because last year when i was called up to another interview at another camp, one of the HR ladies at that camp told me that i should faster clear my cycles if not i may not be able to progress far in my career.

i imagined that i will "kena diao rank" since i wont finish reservist by the time i'm 40 and was worried in that aspect, and thus my question as I was called up for another interview this year.

again, thanks for your input, it kinda allayed some of my fears
Reply With Quote
  #1456 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2017, 09:17 PM
helppppp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all. I am scheduled for the PT on this coming Thurs. Read through many posts and saw that most people mentioned the same 3 sections - verbal reasoning, raven matrices (patterns) and personality test. But somewhere in between (2016 June specifically) there were people talking about sections with sudoku. Kinda stressed out about the conflicting info as it is my first ever PT and I want to be prepared for the test as far as possible.
Reply With Quote

  #1457 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helppppp View Post
Hi all. I am scheduled for the PT on this coming Thurs. Read through many posts and saw that most people mentioned the same 3 sections - verbal reasoning, raven matrices (patterns) and personality test. But somewhere in between (2016 June specifically) there were people talking about sections with sudoku. Kinda stressed out about the conflicting info as it is my first ever PT and I want to be prepared for the test as far as possible.
Hi! I took the test on 1/3 and there was no sudoku. Good luck for your test!
Reply With Quote
  #1458 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, thanks for your input. really appreciate it

allow me to expand on my concern. I am asking because last year when i was called up to another interview at another camp, one of the HR ladies at that camp told me that i should faster clear my cycles if not i may not be able to progress far in my career.

i imagined that i will "kena diao rank" since i wont finish reservist by the time i'm 40 and was worried in that aspect, and thus my question as I was called up for another interview this year.

again, thanks for your input, it kinda allayed some of my fears
If what u said is true, that HR STAFF should be fired or given a warning for such misleading statement in my opinion.. it's really unprofessional.. maybe u too handsome that she share so much with u, worse is u didn't even got hired and yet she treat u like own ppl and anyhow blabber.. and I doubt her as a HR have access or even participate in the promotion assessment, end of the day, it's probably a baseless heresay

Isn't it hilarious that reservist could hinder promotion (maybe private sector especially those sales or quota one.. I can see it happening) but coming from MINDEF who is the one calling for reservist and DXO is under MINDEF, if they do that, aren't they slapping their own face?? Even if it's true, it's not something to publicise anyway.. imagine the outrage coming from ppl working in the private sector..

U should tell the HR STAFF to only shortlist female instead (but oops maybe old one.. since young one can always get married eventually and go for maternity leave and isnt the leave getting a review and getting longer..) and even if those fresh male grads in 20s also must go for reservist if they are eligible..

I think promotion is easier, if more high ranked that does nothing leaves the force and free out the position they are hogging on..
Reply With Quote
  #1459 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, I went for the interview 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive any reply. I heard that if you pass the interview you will be notified within 4 days. Does this means I'm rejected already?
Reply With Quote
  #1460 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I went for the interview 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive any reply. I heard that if you pass the interview you will be notified within 4 days. Does this means I'm rejected already?
No...don't worry unless you're officially rejected. could mean that the hiring manager is still looking into the pool of candidates or he/she have not had the time to decide yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,518 Replies, 636,984 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,172 Replies, 4,551,373 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,184 Replies, 794,758 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,328 Replies, 1,538,607 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 53,855 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 31,340 Views
2019 Fresh Grad starting pay
6 Replies, 417 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,368 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,681 Replies, 3,372,211 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 140,783 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
291 Replies, 209,944 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
607 Replies, 653,554 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 69,414 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,398 Replies, 1,446,997 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,653 Replies, 1,106,129 Views
How to get into Banking industry? ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,455 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,526 Replies, 392,797 Views
Salaries of Professors in SG ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 198,935 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,328 Replies, 466,316 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,379 Replies, 1,113,969 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,550 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 16,423 Views
share your instant death at... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 13,051 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,242 Replies, 473,885 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 128,692 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
0 Replies, 72 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
799 Replies, 593,096 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 6,699 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2