Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberators View Post
PT is a 3-part written test. Reasoning + Raven Matrics + Behavioural Questions.

The timeframe between your PT and interview differs position to position. Specifically, you being shortlisted for PT is a formality. Doesn't necessarily mean anything more than you're a stable person.

After which depends on what kind of position you have applied to. I supposed executives and managers where there are more applicants should be faster, as they prefer to carry out interviews in bulk.

As for work experience, to re-iterate the above, is more relevant to the unit you are applying to. Could range from relevant to useless.

How do we know which position we are "shortlisted"? Their emails only mentioned that we are shortlisted for PT. Was asked to list down the 3 positions in the application form though.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Verified Member

Liberators is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do we know which position we are "shortlisted"? Their emails only mentioned that we are shortlisted for PT. Was asked to list down the 3 positions in the application form though.
When it says you are shortlisted for the PT, it doesn't mean that you are found to be fit for any of the listed 3 positions yet. PT is the initial screening that has nothing to do with the positions in entirety. It only checks your mental stability, behavior, etc.

Whether you are shortlisted for the positions or not depends on the unit requiring the positions to be filled (which you have no idea of). Their processing takes way longer depending on what their threshold number to hold interviews is. It is possible that you passed your PT but still are not shortlisted for any of the positions. This takes a longer amount of time to be communicated to you. At that point, usually HR will inform you after months to let you know that the positions you applied for are filled and ask if you have interest in other positions.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I applied on 3 Sep. You may want to check your junk mail? They will email to ask you to choose the date for your PT.
what i waited 2 weeks already?! u applied 3sep received the mail le?

my inbox/junk box is on push mode on my phone, any mail i would know instantly.. up to now except the acknowledgement computer generated mail, no other mail totally not even rejection or anything..

i guess maybe im not eligible?? T_T uol 2nd upper class.. tp diploma..

Old 09-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

Liberators is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what i waited 2 weeks already?! u applied 3sep received the mail le?

my inbox/junk box is on push mode on my phone, any mail i would know instantly.. up to now except the acknowledgement computer generated mail, no other mail totally not even rejection or anything..

i guess maybe im not eligible?? T_T uol 2nd upper class.. tp diploma..
UOL? Not gonna sugarcoat but outside of the main 3, they hardly consider others, unless you are really good.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
at least ur PT is favorable to u.. Just try applying for other position, the waiting time could be a lot shorter since u already "completed the PT stage and are deem eligible.

For me, exactly 2 weeks already.. Yet to receive any email for PT.. Anyone going any PT in sept or anytime soon? Wonder Isit wrong with my application when I submitting.. It seems glitchy that day when I apply and if I miss out one part of the form, I need to retype everything all over again..
You should receive an automated email from dxo to confirm that they have received your application. If you did not, perhaps your application wasn't sent in successfully due to the glitch you experienced. For your reference, I got an email from HR to select a date for the PT about a week after I submitted my application.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You should receive an automated email from dxo to confirm that they have received your application. If you did not, perhaps your application wasn't sent in successfully due to the glitch you experienced. For your reference, I got an email from HR to select a date for the PT about a week after I submitted my application.

did they contact you after you attended their PT? How long did u wait after the PT?

Old 10-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberators View Post
UOL? Not gonna sugarcoat but outside of the main 3, they hardly consider others, unless you are really good.
I know.. Local uni definitely preferred.. No doubt over that.. I'm not saying mine is equivalent or better. Though there are cases and stories of more and more non-local uni made into it and many of my other friends entered government agency too.. And I'm not saying I'm definitely going to be one of them.. In fact. I don't hope much to make it far especially so many local uni applicant out there.. but at least into the PT Stage?

Almost 2 weeks didn't receive anything.. Do they send rejection to those who don't make it to PT?? (I know this isn't the entire population, but didn't see anyone shares that they got rejected for even taking PT.. Which is why I'm surprise..)

Quote:
I did received an automated email telling they received the application and the selection process is highly competitive bla bla.. Nth else after that.

Worries me because even the automated email I received also came in 2-3hours after submission.. even if rejection, it doesn't take long for them to send a mail either..

Guess would send an enquiry after the hari raya holiday
Old 10-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
No idea if it's glitchy or what.. I missed out one part, so can't save and proceed to next page.. But always the stuff selected on that page reset and instead of filling that part i missed, I end up filling the more than half the page again..

It hangs when i submit.. So I went in type all over again and submit, but successful on the re-try (since I did receive an automated email about 2-3 hours.. Applied at 4-5+.. Received the automated mail approximately 7+

Thanks for all your help, appreciate your replies and responses
Old 13-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

psychological & reasoning test is automated process.
once you apply, you will receive acknowledgement in email & invitation to go to depot road for the test.

after the test, they will write to you to inform you if you are selected for the interview.

i failed the test. immediate disqualification.
was way too slow in answering the comprehension questions.
think i did reasonably well for the raven test.
Old 14-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
psychological & reasoning test is automated process.
once you apply, you will receive acknowledgement in email & invitation to go to depot road for the test.

after the test, they will write to you to inform you if you are selected for the interview.

i failed the test. immediate disqualification.
was way too slow in answering the comprehension questions.
think i did reasonably well for the raven test.
How long did you wait before they sent you the email that you were disqualified?