Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 07-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to check result for Psycho test? 4 weeks no email
Email them or just wait for rejection or interview email

There are cases of ppl waited 6-8weeks or even longer before getting called up for interview

Old 08-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yours is taking too long it seems?? 6weeks after PT and no news still?) maybe drop them an email to check on the status?? Or u could wait another 2 weeks and see got news or not..

Finance seems slow ah? I applied finance position, wait 1 week still no email on the PT
Hello. I finally got an email yesterday (7 Sept). I was told that I haven't been shortlisted. But the HR suggested that I look at other available that I might be interested in and to let them know, and I have done so. Now I'm just waiting for updates from here on.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:10 PM
mxng

Does anyone know how long the medical check + making of the ID card take? Would 3hours be a safe gauge?

Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello. I finally got an email yesterday (7 Sept). I was told that I haven't been shortlisted. But the HR suggested that I look at other available that I might be interested in and to let them know, and I have done so. Now I'm just waiting for updates from here on.
at least ur PT is favorable to u.. Just try applying for other position, the waiting time could be a lot shorter since u already "completed the PT stage and are deem eligible.

For me, exactly 2 weeks already.. Yet to receive any email for PT.. Anyone going any PT in sept or anytime soon? Wonder Isit wrong with my application when I submitting.. It seems glitchy that day when I apply and if I miss out one part of the form, I need to retype everything all over again..
Old 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Me too. Waited for about 1mth. Now back to waiting again.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
at least ur PT is favorable to u.. Just try applying for other position, the waiting time could be a lot shorter since u already "completed the PT stage and are deem eligible.

For me, exactly 2 weeks already.. Yet to receive any email for PT.. Anyone going any PT in sept or anytime soon? Wonder Isit wrong with my application when I submitting.. It seems glitchy that day when I apply and if I miss out one part of the form, I need to retype everything all over again..
My PT is next week. How is the PT like? Is it tough? Do you submit the documents in hardcopy or Softcopy?

How long is the wait for PT results to interview? Do they see past working experience or just PT to determine your interview?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Verified Member

Liberators is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My PT is next week. How is the PT like? Is it tough? Do you submit the documents in hardcopy or Softcopy?

How long is the wait for PT results to interview? Do they see past working experience or just PT to determine your interview?
PT is a 3-part written test. Reasoning + Raven Matrics + Behavioural Questions.

The timeframe between your PT and interview differs position to position. Specifically, you being shortlisted for PT is a formality. Doesn't necessarily mean anything more than you're a stable person.

After which depends on what kind of position you have applied to. I supposed executives and managers where there are more applicants should be faster, as they prefer to carry out interviews in bulk.

As for work experience, to re-iterate the above, is more relevant to the unit you are applying to. Could range from relevant to useless.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Oh ur pt next week ah? U rmb the when u apply and when did they email u?? Guess me is no hope le (idk why also..) I applied August 25 or so.. Until today yet to receive any email.. (Didn't go for pt, can't answer u on ur qns for PT.. But what I read they say is similar to the test u did in ur pre enlistment, 3h long.. Anyway it's IQ stuff.. U can't really do much or tell how they tabulate the score)

Depends.. Normally 1-2mth (like the Guy a few post back waited close to 2mth for a reply) I guess they did some basic filtering before inviting u for PT... then they invite u for PT for dx10 and above position. (Those low dxo don't need go for pt one). After which see ur PT test, if fail then wait a year to try the PT test again.. If pass, then they will invite u to interview, then subsequent site viewing (some went through more than 1 interview..)
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Guess the PT Test is definitely one important factor.. But then is it based solely on this or what, only they know themselves..

Some info on what or why is PT test conducted ://.psychometricinstitute.com.au/Psychometric-Guide/Introduction_to_Psychometric_Tests.html

Introduction to psychometric tests
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals' mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities). They identify the extent to which candidates' personality and cognitive abilities match those required to perform the role. Employers use the information collected from the psychometric test to identify the hidden aspects of candidates that are difficult to extract from a face-to-face interview.
Once the Human Resources manager, or person/s in charge of hiring, ascertains that you have fulfilled the initial requirements for the position by reviewing your résumé , they will then send out a letter with specific instructions for sitting the psychometric test. The prime objective of this is to identify at an early stage those job applicants who are unlikely to fill the requirements of the position on offer and consequently narrow the applications further.
Some job applicants believe that the psychometric test is not a good measure to assess their real abilities, personality traits, and suitability for the job. However, the psychometric tests are statistically examined, and are constructed to be objective and unbiased. This is done by using standard methods of assessment so that everyone is presented with the same questions and instructions for completing them. Our experience shows that psychometric tests are very reliable in predicting candidates' performance, and in most cases the test report provides an accurate evaluation of the applicant. However, this doesn't say that with a good preparation you can't improve your suitability for a job. We have proven that an effective preparation which highlights your relevant strengths and improves your weaknesses increases your chances to win the job you wish to get.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh ur pt next week ah? U rmb the when u apply and when did they email u?? Guess me is no hope le (idk why also..) I applied August 25 or so.. Until today yet to receive any email.. (Didn't go for pt, can't answer u on ur qns for PT.. But what I read they say is similar to the test u did in ur pre enlistment, 3h long.. Anyway it's IQ stuff.. U can't really do much or tell how they tabulate the score)

Depends.. Normally 1-2mth (like the Guy a few post back waited close to 2mth for a reply) I guess they did some basic filtering before inviting u for PT... then they invite u for PT for dx10 and above position. (Those low dxo don't need go for pt one). After which see ur PT test, if fail then wait a year to try the PT test again.. If pass, then they will invite u to interview, then subsequent site viewing (some went through more than 1 interview..)

I applied on 3 Sep. You may want to check your junk mail? They will email to ask you to choose the date for your PT.