Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 01-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not sure whether i can get in to HR executive as i am now in an engineering sector now. Can someone advise?
Should be no problem if u are applying for HR jobs openings that require no experience??

If require relevant experience, then it might be hard for u to secure..

just apply lo, nothing to lose anyway.. Dunno how they choose or preferred.. And some times by luck one.. Who knows the time u apply, there might be many fighting for that spot.. Or u could be the only one applying~

Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm also in a similar position and worried now.. Has been a week since site preview and no call. Anyone received calls more than one week later but got offered the job?
maybe they are waiting for other candidate to finish their site viewing also?? At least no rejection, and if u emailed them they say pending, I guess it's not a bad thing at least..

But the part I don't understand is, why after site viewing and verbal confirmation.. Yet things can still go wrong and u don't get the job after another 1-2 months of waiting while u do ur clearance and medical..

Doesn't make sense, unless something goes wrong with ur clearance or medical.. But apparently some just don't get the job despite no major problem in those two category..

Old 01-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Applied for position in late July and went for PT on 4 Aug. Got called for interview 2 weeks later, went down for a written test + interview yesterday! Hoping to get a response fast since everyone says MINDEF will usually call you back within 2-3 days if they want you....

P.S. I'm not a local grad! Didn't think I'd have a chance to be called up for interview even. Interviewers were very nice and seemed keen! Fingers crossed!
Just went for unit preview today!! Hoping for the best...

Also, does anyone have any idea how much I should be expecting to be paid if I am selected? Given that I'm a foreign degree holder, and that I don't have honours T_T

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM

njqn is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I am a fresh grad (female) from SMU with a pass with merit degree. That translates to a 2nd lower.

12 June: I sent in my application. I applied for executive positions in the Finance department. They were open to fresh graduates with no experience.

14 July: I went for the PT. I did not finish the verbal test, perhaps about 5 questions unanswered, but I finished the logical test and personality tests.

Today, 1 Sept: I have no updates regarding my application and have not been called down for an interview, nor rejected.

After reading through this forum, I know that no news = good news. I am applying to other jobs as well at the moment, but should I continue to hope for DXO to contact me for an interview? (Also, how do they "call" you for an interview? Via email or phone call?)

Thank you!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
maybe they are waiting for other candidate to finish their site viewing also?? At least no rejection, and if u emailed them they say pending, I guess it's not a bad thing at least..

But the part I don't understand is, why after site viewing and verbal confirmation.. Yet things can still go wrong and u don't get the job after another 1-2 months of waiting while u do ur clearance and medical..

Doesn't make sense, unless something goes wrong with ur clearance or medical.. But apparently some just don't get the job despite no major problem in those two category..
The 5 people who were shortlisted went for 2nd interview and site preview on the same day. There is only one vacancy and they said they will let us know in 1-2 weeks. But seems like in this forum everyone is saying that if Mindef is keen they will call you back in a few days. But it has been more than a week that's why I'm worried..

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 01-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by njqn View Post
Hello.

I am a fresh grad (female) from SMU with a pass with merit degree. That translates to a 2nd lower.

12 June: I sent in my application. I applied for executive positions in the Finance department. They were open to fresh graduates with no experience.

14 July: I went for the PT. I did not finish the verbal test, perhaps about 5 questions unanswered, but I finished the logical test and personality tests.

Today, 1 Sept: I have no updates regarding my application and have not been called down for an interview, nor rejected.

After reading through this forum, I know that no news = good news. I am applying to other jobs as well at the moment, but should I continue to hope for DXO to contact me for an interview? (Also, how do they "call" you for an interview? Via email or phone call?)

Thank you!
yours is taking too long it seems?? 6weeks after PT and no news still?) maybe drop them an email to check on the status?? Or u could wait another 2 weeks and see got news or not..

Finance seems slow ah? I applied finance position, wait 1 week still no email on the PT

Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The 5 people who were shortlisted went for 2nd interview and site preview on the same day. There is only one vacancy and they said they will let us know in 1-2 weeks. But seems like in this forum everyone is saying that if Mindef is keen they will call you back in a few days. But it has been more than a week that's why I'm worried..
oic.. Cause I read some sharing that they went site preview, but there's still other candidate going another day, so the wait seems longer..

Unless u got the 5 who went with u and know who got the job.. I guess just wait since u already halfway wait Liao.. If 2 weeks no news then send them an email haha..

Maybe they are choosing carefully.. Or did they show any clear preference to the 5 who were present for the site preview?? Seems hard lo, 5 for 1 T_T

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 01-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just went for unit preview today!! Hoping for the best...

Also, does anyone have any idea how much I should be expecting to be paid if I am selected? Given that I'm a foreign degree holder, and that I don't have honours T_T
The salary are calculate competitively. (Don't compare across different years like Someone in 2014 and 2016) but if u enter in 2016 Aug and someone else with the same "standard" enter in August 2016.. Ur pay should be the same when u first enter

Some known calculations
Male get more than female due to NS
The higher ur honours, u get more (don't think it matters local or foreign at this stage already..)
Experience (working experience.. Especially for position that require experience)
Appointment holder(???) not so sure about this

But they got their ways to calculate and every now and then the numbers get reviewed.. don't think u can go and haggard or negotiate with them.. It's either u take it or leave it..
Old 03-09-2016, 04:00 PM

zero_88 is on a distinguished road

For fresh grad, what is the chance of low GPA to get in as DXO?

my GPA is 2.7 only

should I just don't even think of applying?
Old 04-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm not sure how frequent that happens to not get the job despite verbal offer? I am waiting for the results of my security clearance as I was told on the day of the medical checkup that I'm fit for employment. Will update again if I receive news from the HR..