MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 123 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1221 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not sure whether i can get in to HR executive as i am now in an engineering sector now. Can someone advise?
Should be no problem if u are applying for HR jobs openings that require no experience??

If require relevant experience, then it might be hard for u to secure..

just apply lo, nothing to lose anyway.. Dunno how they choose or preferred.. And some times by luck one.. Who knows the time u apply, there might be many fighting for that spot.. Or u could be the only one applying~

Reply With Quote
  #1222 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm also in a similar position and worried now.. Has been a week since site preview and no call. Anyone received calls more than one week later but got offered the job?
maybe they are waiting for other candidate to finish their site viewing also?? At least no rejection, and if u emailed them they say pending, I guess it's not a bad thing at least..

But the part I don't understand is, why after site viewing and verbal confirmation.. Yet things can still go wrong and u don't get the job after another 1-2 months of waiting while u do ur clearance and medical..

Doesn't make sense, unless something goes wrong with ur clearance or medical.. But apparently some just don't get the job despite no major problem in those two category..

Reply With Quote
  #1223 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Applied for position in late July and went for PT on 4 Aug. Got called for interview 2 weeks later, went down for a written test + interview yesterday! Hoping to get a response fast since everyone says MINDEF will usually call you back within 2-3 days if they want you....

P.S. I'm not a local grad! Didn't think I'd have a chance to be called up for interview even. Interviewers were very nice and seemed keen! Fingers crossed!
Just went for unit preview today!! Hoping for the best...

Also, does anyone have any idea how much I should be expecting to be paid if I am selected? Given that I'm a foreign degree holder, and that I don't have honours T_T

Reply With Quote
  #1224 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
njqn is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello.

I am a fresh grad (female) from SMU with a pass with merit degree. That translates to a 2nd lower.

12 June: I sent in my application. I applied for executive positions in the Finance department. They were open to fresh graduates with no experience.

14 July: I went for the PT. I did not finish the verbal test, perhaps about 5 questions unanswered, but I finished the logical test and personality tests.

Today, 1 Sept: I have no updates regarding my application and have not been called down for an interview, nor rejected.

After reading through this forum, I know that no news = good news. I am applying to other jobs as well at the moment, but should I continue to hope for DXO to contact me for an interview? (Also, how do they "call" you for an interview? Via email or phone call?)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #1225 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
maybe they are waiting for other candidate to finish their site viewing also?? At least no rejection, and if u emailed them they say pending, I guess it's not a bad thing at least..

But the part I don't understand is, why after site viewing and verbal confirmation.. Yet things can still go wrong and u don't get the job after another 1-2 months of waiting while u do ur clearance and medical..

Doesn't make sense, unless something goes wrong with ur clearance or medical.. But apparently some just don't get the job despite no major problem in those two category..
The 5 people who were shortlisted went for 2nd interview and site preview on the same day. There is only one vacancy and they said they will let us know in 1-2 weeks. But seems like in this forum everyone is saying that if Mindef is keen they will call you back in a few days. But it has been more than a week that's why I'm worried..
Reply With Quote
  #1226 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njqn View Post
Hello.

I am a fresh grad (female) from SMU with a pass with merit degree. That translates to a 2nd lower.

12 June: I sent in my application. I applied for executive positions in the Finance department. They were open to fresh graduates with no experience.

14 July: I went for the PT. I did not finish the verbal test, perhaps about 5 questions unanswered, but I finished the logical test and personality tests.

Today, 1 Sept: I have no updates regarding my application and have not been called down for an interview, nor rejected.

After reading through this forum, I know that no news = good news. I am applying to other jobs as well at the moment, but should I continue to hope for DXO to contact me for an interview? (Also, how do they "call" you for an interview? Via email or phone call?)

Thank you!
yours is taking too long it seems?? 6weeks after PT and no news still?) maybe drop them an email to check on the status?? Or u could wait another 2 weeks and see got news or not..

Finance seems slow ah? I applied finance position, wait 1 week still no email on the PT
Reply With Quote

  #1227 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The 5 people who were shortlisted went for 2nd interview and site preview on the same day. There is only one vacancy and they said they will let us know in 1-2 weeks. But seems like in this forum everyone is saying that if Mindef is keen they will call you back in a few days. But it has been more than a week that's why I'm worried..
oic.. Cause I read some sharing that they went site preview, but there's still other candidate going another day, so the wait seems longer..

Unless u got the 5 who went with u and know who got the job.. I guess just wait since u already halfway wait Liao.. If 2 weeks no news then send them an email haha..

Maybe they are choosing carefully.. Or did they show any clear preference to the 5 who were present for the site preview?? Seems hard lo, 5 for 1 T_T
Reply With Quote
  #1228 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just went for unit preview today!! Hoping for the best...

Also, does anyone have any idea how much I should be expecting to be paid if I am selected? Given that I'm a foreign degree holder, and that I don't have honours T_T
The salary are calculate competitively. (Don't compare across different years like Someone in 2014 and 2016) but if u enter in 2016 Aug and someone else with the same "standard" enter in August 2016.. Ur pay should be the same when u first enter

Some known calculations
Male get more than female due to NS
The higher ur honours, u get more (don't think it matters local or foreign at this stage already..)
Experience (working experience.. Especially for position that require experience)
Appointment holder(???) not so sure about this

But they got their ways to calculate and every now and then the numbers get reviewed.. don't think u can go and haggard or negotiate with them.. It's either u take it or leave it..
Reply With Quote
  #1229 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2016, 04:00 PM
zero_88's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 173
zero_88 is on a distinguished road
Default

For fresh grad, what is the chance of low GPA to get in as DXO?

my GPA is 2.7 only

should I just don't even think of applying?
Reply With Quote
  #1230 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
maybe they are waiting for other candidate to finish their site viewing also?? At least no rejection, and if u emailed them they say pending, I guess it's not a bad thing at least..

But the part I don't understand is, why after site viewing and verbal confirmation.. Yet things can still go wrong and u don't get the job after another 1-2 months of waiting while u do ur clearance and medical..

Doesn't make sense, unless something goes wrong with ur clearance or medical.. But apparently some just don't get the job despite no major problem in those two category..
I'm not sure how frequent that happens to not get the job despite verbal offer? I am waiting for the results of my security clearance as I was told on the day of the medical checkup that I'm fit for employment. Will update again if I receive news from the HR..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
2 Replies, 2,168 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
497 Replies, 16,701 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,053 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,136 Replies, 3,949,232 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
381 Replies, 208,786 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,196 Replies, 6,241,455 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,121 Replies, 871,645 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 27,050 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,570 Replies, 2,122,159 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
241 Replies, 38,779 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,721 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,039 Replies, 3,359,989 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,870 Replies, 1,247,386 Views
Assistant Director considered as... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,544 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 150,839 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,070 Replies, 1,407,964 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 28,093 Views
How much does influencers make...
3 Replies, 609 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 7,786 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,027 Replies, 1,898,115 Views
Private Degree accepted in Govt... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 21,827 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 76,856 Views
Getting funded for university
3 Replies, 2,669 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,703 Replies, 1,060,379 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 3,152 Views
Usually is it ok to HR recruiters...
4 Replies, 1,212 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 53,687 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
185 Replies, 186,563 Views
Getting MBBS/MD in China and... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 13,332 Views
Covid-related job opportunities... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 827 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2