Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200317)
Ard when was the interview done?

same. last 2 weeks of Jan.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 05:43 AM

Did a virtual interview around mid December. Till now no news. Email also no reply.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200317)
Ard when was the interview done?

Cant tell you, but its about 4 months i received the rejection letter

Unregistered 14-02-2022 03:15 PM

May I ask if anyone is still awaiting for security clearance?

Unregistered 14-02-2022 04:34 PM

me. which role are you awaiting security clearance for?

Unregistered 14-02-2022 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202948)
me. which role are you awaiting security clearance for?

A SID position. Been waiting for about 2 months. What about you?

Unregistered 14-02-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201727)
Did a virtual interview around mid December. Till now no news. Email also no reply.

Gotten any reply till date?

Unregistered 14-02-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202953)
A SID position. Been waiting for about 2 months. What about you?

Same! Glad to know I’m not the only one

Unregistered 15-02-2022 08:39 PM

2nd round of interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167553)
Hi everyone,
I have benefitted from this thread and thought of paying it back by telling you about my experience. I first applied to mindef in 2019 but was rejected after the writing test and first interview. I applied again this year, with 2 years of working experience. The timeline for my application this year
- Feb: applied for position and got shortlisted for the test
- Early Mar: sat for the test
- Early May: first round of interview
It hasn't been 2 weeks since the interview, but I dont think I got shortlisted further as one of my answers was not in line with mindef's public position. I guess I'm not fated to be a dxo, after 2 rounds of application and rejection. Wishing everyone here the best for your applications.

Hello, can I ask how was the 2nd round of interview like??

Unregistered 15-02-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193637)
Yes correct, took the test somewhere in early sept, got interviewed like in early oct. Now asking me for security vetting

When u said "the test", did u mean onsite test or the personality test?

They contacted by email or phonecall for the interview?

Unregistered 15-02-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203118)
When u said "the test", did u mean onsite test or the personality test?

They contacted by email or phonecall for the interview?

Sorry its confidential.

But anyway standard screening takes 3-4 months, just wait and ask if there's any next step , contact HR directly and not forum. kthxbye

Unregistered 16-02-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203119)
Sorry its confidential.

But anyway standard screening takes 3-4 months, just wait and ask if there's any next step , contact HR directly and not forum. kthxbye

we would have contacted the HR if there was actually a contact information provided .

Unregistered 16-02-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203154)
we would have contacted the HR if there was actually a contact information provided .

hr smart, dont want u to spam them

Unregistered 18-02-2022 01:41 PM

DXO having pay raise like those in MX scheme?

Unregistered 18-02-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203521)
DXO having pay raise like those in MX scheme?

maybe will lag by at peast 6 mths to 1 yr

Unregistered 19-02-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194879)
hey fresh undergrad here. my security clearance started on mid Oct, followed up with the HR on late Oct and was told that I am just pending final processing before an offer can be made and that I have already cleared all the interviews.

Messaged HR on mid Dec again to ask how long more it would take. they said that another HR person should get back to me shortly and also apologised for the wait. But to date, no contact from the supposed HR person.

total time I've waited for the security clearance would be 2.5 months already, is this normal? I'm worried that after waiting for so long, I'll end up being rejected - or should I be comforted by the comms given by HR thus far?

thanks!

Hello, may I ask if you eventually receive a call from HR and did you get the job? Thanks

Unregistered 20-02-2022 01:53 AM

Any finance DXO can share about your experience/work life balance/culture & are all finance DXO working in the same office?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 12:08 PM

this kind of jiak liao bee job also can ask for pay raise? pui

If you think public service is jiak liao bee, mindef is the one that is the most useless. these farkers don't even account to the public unlike LTA, HDB, MAS, PUB

really biggest waste of taxpayer money. hope parliament can trim the fat.

Unregistered 20-02-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203786)
this kind of jiak liao bee job also can ask for pay raise? pui

If you think public service is jiak liao bee, mindef is the one that is the most useless. these farkers don't even account to the public unlike LTA, HDB, MAS, PUB

really biggest waste of taxpayer money. hope parliament can trim the fat.

Wait until you know that those in uniform gets 25% more than dxo. Those more jlb hahahha.

But is dxo worklife good?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203847)
Wait until you know that those in uniform gets 25% more than dxo. Those more jlb hahahha.

But is dxo worklife good?

To me, those uniform job really got more risk so in some sense they deserve more money. For example, can get injured operating the machinery or from jungle training. But those in staff tour really also jiak liao bee. The paper literally only need to push; already got other people help you write swee swee liao. Just need to geh xiao a bit and add here add there can alr.

I not DXO so I don't know about worklife balance. But a lot of my friends are DXO. They always say they need to work weekends and also need to have phone ready to attend to calls. I really want to say...this kind of jiak liao bee job also need to pretend? Come on la...unless got real war...who the f needs to call a DXO on the weekend? So urgent until cannot settle on Monday?

Even if got real war, its the uniformed people who need to respond first what. Paper pushers also need to call meh? Really smh

Unregistered 25-02-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203885)
To me, those uniform job really got more risk so in some sense they deserve more money. For example, can get injured operating the machinery or from jungle training. But those in staff tour really also jiak liao bee. The paper literally only need to push; already got other people help you write swee swee liao. Just need to geh xiao a bit and add here add there can alr.

I not DXO so I don't know about worklife balance. But a lot of my friends are DXO. They always say they need to work weekends and also need to have phone ready to attend to calls. I really want to say...this kind of jiak liao bee job also need to pretend? Come on la...unless got real war...who the f needs to call a DXO on the weekend? So urgent until cannot settle on Monday?

Even if got real war, its the uniformed people who need to respond first what. Paper pushers also need to call meh? Really smh

Frog in well spotted. threats dont appear only during weekdays. National security and a sense of duty. its something you will never get. i hope you are doing something more meaningful in your life than these DXOs. Cheers.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204856)
Frog in well spotted. threats dont appear only during weekdays. National security and a sense of duty. its something you will never get. i hope you are doing something more meaningful in your life than these DXOs. Cheers.

not all DXOs are equal lah. some are more corporate jobs, some are morecloser to the defence sector.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 12:20 PM

Please la, Singapore already invaded by cecas and FTs already without a single shot being fired, all you mindef jiak liao bees wasting our billions know how to do is compare your salary during office hours.

Useless NATO, No Action Talk Only.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204865)
Please la, Singapore already invaded by cecas and FTs already without a single shot being fired, all you mindef jiak liao bees wasting our billions know how to do is compare your salary during office hours.

Useless NATO, No Action Talk Only.

noted. thanks and regards.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204856)

Can say for certain that my contribution to the public is way above any of these jiak liao bee dxo. They are the highest form of paper pushers in the public service. TBH, it won't even make a difference if the papers they pushed were blank!

Unregistered 26-02-2022 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204989)
Can say for certain that my contribution to the public is way above any of these jiak liao bee dxo. They are the highest form of paper pushers in the public service. TBH, it won't even make a difference if the papers they pushed were blank!

the more certain you are the more fake you are

Unregistered 03-03-2022 01:24 PM

Anyone heard from SID post-security screening?

Unregistered 03-03-2022 06:08 PM

strap you on an electric chair.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205990)

My friend got rejected without any reason provided after 3 months of screning.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206078)
My friend got rejected without any reason provided after 3 months of screning.

did he receive the rejection? or was this long ago?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205990)

do they let you know that you have cleared all the tests and now just pending clearance?

Unregistered 07-03-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202963)
Same! Glad to know I’m not the only one

I'm still waiting and you?

Unregistered 07-03-2022 11:55 AM

still waiting tooo

Unregistered 09-03-2022 06:35 PM

Any idea if they’re still sending out interview invites? I’ve been waiting for 6 months since the test

Unregistered 11-03-2022 11:50 PM

Online Panel interview in Jan

Hi, I went for the online panel interview in jan but haven’t heard from them since then. Anyone in the same boat?

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207681)
Hi, I went for the online panel interview in jan but haven’t heard from them since then. Anyone in the same boat?

How long after your on-site test did you receive the invitation to the interview?

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:49 AM

Ok just received invite to panel interview online. Took my on site tests on 30 Aug. That’s 7 months

Unregistered 13-03-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207684)
How long after your on-site test did you receive the invitation to the interview?

Hi, my on-site test was in early Dec and panel interview in early jan.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 04:21 PM

Dxo - cyber role

I have a degree in cyber security and forensic from Murdoch
I have comptia security+
I have ITIL 4
I have CISSP
I am pursuing CCSP ( by June)
I am currently working in one of the banks as soc analyst

Do I expect to get better Job offer as dxo in the cyber domain?

Unregistered 22-03-2022 07:43 AM

May I ask if the security clearance process for DXO currently takes around 4-6 weeks? Or should I expect it to take longer? Thanks