MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So is it pretty hard to get in, in a good way or bad way? If can get in means you are capable or?

I think the salary range is abit off.
The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.

Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.

Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.

Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.
Well I've seen it happen. In a sense, its more common for the medical corps. There is a main HQ and there are medical centres. So a nursing or dental officer can start at either side, at HQ or at a medical centre. After awhile, they will both rank up. However, the guy at HQ would probably take up a more managerial positions because thats what the HQ gears them towards. While his peer in the medical centre is still just a dental / nursing officer. They can choose to go to HQ or vice versa but being comfortable in their working environment, some choose not to switch over to HQ. Hence, you might see a high ranked Dental or Nursing officer at a medical centre and a lower/equivalent ranked one at HQ that is, by appointment, their bosses, although they are only the boss in an administrative sense.

Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.
i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I also got a rejection email from DXO today....think is dunno 20++th rejection from dxo, I have been applying for dxo position for 5 years since fresh grad....attend 3x psycho test over the past 5 years, some is b4 interview, some after interview, some just take test then after that no interview follow up with rejection email....many time i just apply after 2-3 weeks without any test or interview and rejected!!! I dunno why?? I even email them if 'Fail" psyco test, then what's next? Ask them can I still apply a not, they just use a official email template to reply me, is like never answer my question?!?! 2nd lower here
Most MINDEF jobs are sensitive, so a certain level of security clearance is required. Your personal history or background may not be suitable perhaps.
Reply With Quote

  #107 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???
of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.
i mean the starting pay for the same <<2nd upper NTU with NS>> in 2013, it will be more than 3.6k in 2008 ....



if you are talking about the year increment and occasionally wage adjustment from 2008 till 2013, well, he will be getting 5k min now at least
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.
Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.
how long to get a promotion?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,514 Replies, 866,972 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,667 Replies, 1,737,528 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 193,993 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 1,191,411 Views
chronic job hopper
4 Replies, 361 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,563 Replies, 1,535,443 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,520 Replies, 4,753,147 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,647 Replies, 705,691 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 451,985 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
725 Replies, 701,068 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 21,585 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,581 Replies, 425,414 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,450 Replies, 1,149,181 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
246 Replies, 281,429 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
299 Replies, 227,116 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
362 Replies, 289,681 Views
Market Research - Vouchers offered
1 Replies, 163 Views
SIM-RMIT fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 144,474 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,777 Replies, 3,451,142 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
110 Replies, 56,951 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 68,808 Views
Software developers salary outlier
6 Replies, 585 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
307 Replies, 131,980 Views
Specialist Diploma or Private...
0 Replies, 136 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,500 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
312 Replies, 223,804 Views
MND Agencies Pay scale ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 8,204 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,674 Replies, 717,802 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,352 Replies, 491,873 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 64,594 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2