MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 103 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1021 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ME! I'm still waiting for the call. What position did u apply for ?

I applied for NS Comms and Implementation. In earlier pages I read that it usually takes around 2 weeks but this time round, they don't seem to have contacted anybody at all?

Reply With Quote
  #1022 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for NS Comms and Implementation. In earlier pages I read that it usually takes around 2 weeks but this time round, they don't seem to have contacted anybody at all?
Anyone received any job interview reply? i guess they are waiting for more NTU/NUS graduates.

Reply With Quote
  #1023 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Got a rejection email.
Went for test in mid march.

Reply With Quote
  #1024 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 02:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got a rejection email.
Went for test in mid march.
did you just receive it or..?

guess they have finally started processing applications in march and should be doing April's one soon?
Reply With Quote
  #1025 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
did you just receive it or..?

guess they have finally started processing applications in march and should be doing April's one soon?
got it like 2 weeks ago.
they are quite efficient.

looks like i'd flunked the psychometric test.
i knew i was in trouble when i had difficulty in completing the part on verbal reasoning.
ended up only managed like 60+% of the questions; some of my answers for those i'd responded may also be wrong. which meant i'd barely scored 50% in verbal reasoning.
Reply With Quote
  #1026 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
got it like 2 weeks ago.
they are quite efficient.

looks like i'd flunked the psychometric test.
i knew i was in trouble when i had difficulty in completing the part on verbal reasoning.
ended up only managed like 60+% of the questions; some of my answers for those i'd responded may also be wrong. which meant i'd barely scored 50% in verbal reasoning.
Mind sharing which position did you applied for ? I myself did not manage to finish 50% of the verbal reasoning.
Reply With Quote

  #1027 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mind sharing which position did you applied for ? I myself did not manage to finish 50% of the verbal reasoning.
they'd allowed for up to 3 positions to be listed on the application form.
i remembered putting senior manager / manager - land infrastructure as 1st choice.
the rest i didn't take note, should be some other executive positions.


really bad, not even considered for 2nd / 3rd choice.
immediate failure.
didn't even get an interview.


--------
i'd heard from some acquaintenances that significant number of govt. agencies & ministries are now NOT hiring at all. not sure if there is any truth in it.
but economy is bad, & looks like fresh grads. will also compete for the openings.
guess the govt. will take in youngsters than people with working experience since they have to train up the person anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #1028 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
brownie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
got it like 2 weeks ago.
they are quite efficient.

looks like i'd flunked the psychometric test.
i knew i was in trouble when i had difficulty in completing the part on verbal reasoning.
ended up only managed like 60+% of the questions; some of my answers for those i'd responded may also be wrong. which meant i'd barely scored 50% in verbal reasoning.
Sorry to hear that... Will you be trying again next year? All the best!

I'm on my third week of waiting... not sure if no news is good news?

Not sure how true it is that the government is not hiring cause.. there seems to be a lot of new positions popping up daily (I check the [email protected] page quite regularly since I'm on a job hunt). I believe they only choose fresh grads over people with experience cause fresh grads are a lot cheaper to hire?
Reply With Quote
  #1029 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Sorry to hear that... Will you be trying again next year? All the best!

I'm on my third week of waiting... not sure if no news is good news?

Not sure how true it is that the government is not hiring cause.. there seems to be a lot of new positions popping up daily (I check the [email protected] page quite regularly since I'm on a job hunt). I believe they only choose fresh grads over people with experience cause fresh grads are a lot cheaper to hire?
i am already 37+ yrs old.
guess it's going to be very difficult to get selected.
Reply With Quote
  #1030 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
acegem84 is on a distinguished road
Default

anybody took the PT today ? wah 1st segment i alrdy cui. completed until Q48....think gg.com alrdy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 71,448 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,580 Replies, 1,225,504 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,148 Replies, 5,287,252 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,001 Replies, 2,189,516 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,427 Replies, 1,483,621 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,392 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 1,119 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,275 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 5,791 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,699 Replies, 1,014,245 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,978 Replies, 1,801,276 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,882 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,283 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,868 Replies, 3,647,518 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,896 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 75,628 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 429,706 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,188 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,288 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
878 Replies, 717,094 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,947 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,119 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,041 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,902 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,954 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,251 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,279 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 365 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,993 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2