Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 22-04-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84160)
ME! I'm still waiting for the call. What position did u apply for ?

I applied for NS Comms and Implementation. In earlier pages I read that it usually takes around 2 weeks but this time round, they don't seem to have contacted anybody at all?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84198)
I applied for NS Comms and Implementation. In earlier pages I read that it usually takes around 2 weeks but this time round, they don't seem to have contacted anybody at all?

Anyone received any job interview reply? i guess they are waiting for more NTU/NUS graduates.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 12:48 AM

Got a rejection email.
Went for test in mid march.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84397)
Got a rejection email.
Went for test in mid march.

did you just receive it or..?

guess they have finally started processing applications in march and should be doing April's one soon?

Unregistered 25-04-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84400)
did you just receive it or..?

guess they have finally started processing applications in march and should be doing April's one soon?

got it like 2 weeks ago.
they are quite efficient.

looks like i'd flunked the psychometric test.
i knew i was in trouble when i had difficulty in completing the part on verbal reasoning.
ended up only managed like 60+% of the questions; some of my answers for those i'd responded may also be wrong. which meant i'd barely scored 50% in verbal reasoning.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84418)
got it like 2 weeks ago.

i knew i was in trouble when i had difficulty in completing the part on verbal reasoning.
ended up only managed like 60+% of the questions; some of my answers for those i'd responded may also be wrong. which meant i'd barely scored 50% in verbal reasoning.

Mind sharing which position did you applied for ? I myself did not manage to finish 50% of the verbal reasoning.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84421)
Mind sharing which position did you applied for ? I myself did not manage to finish 50% of the verbal reasoning.

they'd allowed for up to 3 positions to be listed on the application form.
i remembered putting senior manager / manager - land infrastructure as 1st choice.
the rest i didn't take note, should be some other executive positions.

really bad, not even considered for 2nd / 3rd choice.
immediate failure.
didn't even get an interview.

--------
i'd heard from some acquaintenances that significant number of govt. agencies & ministries are now NOT hiring at all. not sure if there is any truth in it.
but economy is bad, & looks like fresh grads. will also compete for the openings.
guess the govt. will take in youngsters than people with working experience since they have to train up the person anyway.

brownie 25-04-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84418)
got it like 2 weeks ago.

Sorry to hear that... Will you be trying again next year? All the best!

I'm on my third week of waiting... not sure if no news is good news? :confused:

Not sure how true it is that the government is not hiring cause.. there seems to be a lot of new positions popping up daily (I check the Careers@Gov page quite regularly since I'm on a job hunt). I believe they only choose fresh grads over people with experience cause fresh grads are a lot cheaper to hire?

Unregistered 25-04-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownie (Post 84431)
Sorry to hear that... Will you be trying again next year? All the best!

I'm on my third week of waiting... not sure if no news is good news? :confused:

Not sure how true it is that the government is not hiring cause.. there seems to be a lot of new positions popping up daily (I check the Careers@Gov page quite regularly since I'm on a job hunt). I believe they only choose fresh grads over people with experience cause fresh grads are a lot cheaper to hire?

i am already 37+ yrs old.
guess it's going to be very difficult to get selected.
:(

acegem84 26-04-2016 09:09 PM

anybody took the PT today ? wah 1st segment i alrdy cui. completed until Q48....think gg.com alrdy