Salary Increment Rate - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary Increment Rate

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
lordlad is on a distinguished road
Default

jumped ship late last october for 18% increment from previous...

salary adjustment @ 5% on march...

take that if you will....obviously am peanuts compared to all the 'elites' here....but at least it's honest information..



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
aplover is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
jumped ship late last october for 18% increment from previous...

salary adjustment @ 5% on march...

take that if you will....obviously am peanuts compared to all the 'elites' here....but at least it's honest information..
honesty is good enough.

usually jumping ship and getting 10-20% increment is the average. I really wouldn't recommend jumping for anything lesser unless there are other strong push factors.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 109
aspenx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplover View Post
honesty is good enough.

usually jumping ship and getting 10-20% increment is the average. I really wouldn't recommend jumping for anything lesser unless there are other strong push factors.
I don't mean to be pedantic, but there should be a distinction between "pay increase due to jumping ship" and "annual pay increase due to remaining in the same workplace" (a.k.a "increment").

Consequentially, the difference is that "increment" of 20% is very high (at least in my industry) whereas and increase of ~20% should be a reasonable figure to attract the average person changing jobs to make the move.

Basically my increments have ranged from 2% to 8%. An early post by someone who had gone through job rotations in the same company for 7 years and received such high increments is really a great deal imo.

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just went to an interview with a medical laser clinic and offered a job that pays up to 26k a month which is more than double the 12 k I am getting now but longer working hrs. I am a GP locum now my rate about 86 per hr and the new job 100 per hr but good commisions of up to 300 bucks extra a day...sooo happy...
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm currently on an annual average of 16 months salary (including VB + AWS). My new job offer (a contract position) does not pay any VB, so I asked for a 25% annual package increment.

The recruiter computed the new monthly salary using the formula (16 months + 25% increment) / 12, and told me this will result in a 50% monthly salary increment, which is way off the market rate. He advised me to accept a lower amount.

Is he trying to bullshit me? Or my expected package is really off the mark?
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 109
aspenx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm currently on an annual average of 16 months salary (including VB + AWS). My new job offer (a contract position) does not pay any VB, so I asked for a 25% annual package increment.

The recruiter computed the new monthly salary using the formula (16 months + 25% increment) / 12, and told me this will result in a 50% monthly salary increment, which is way off the market rate. He advised me to accept a lower amount.

Is he trying to bullshit me? Or my expected package is really off the mark?
"Way off the market rate" or not, we have no way to help you figure out unless you can at least reveal what industry, role/function, responsibilities, and your current monthly salary you are talking about.
Reply With Quote

  #77 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it the norm for annual increment to be based on a system of percentages with the same percentages applied across all salary bands? In my organisation, those in the same performance grade (e.g. C) are given the same percentage increase (e.g. 3%) regardless of how high or how low their salary is. This does not seem like a good system as it disadvantages those who are more junior or earning less. For example, a C performer getting $5k will get an increment of $150 but a C performer getting $10k will get much more in absolute amount, i.e. $300 increment. Any HR practitioners or those familiar with HR practices care to comment?
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 22-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it the norm for annual increment to be based on a system of percentages with the same percentages applied across all salary bands? In my organisation, those in the same performance grade (e.g. C) are given the same percentage increase (e.g. 3%) regardless of how high or how low their salary is. This does not seem like a good system as it disadvantages those who are more junior or earning less. For example, a C performer getting $5k will get an increment of $150 but a C performer getting $10k will get much more in absolute amount, i.e. $300 increment. Any HR practitioners or those familiar with HR practices care to comment?
Yes, usually it is based on a system of percentage. But bear in mind that the responsibilities of a manager getting 10k is much more than a clerk getting 5k. So a manager will have to perform more than a clerk in order to get the same performance grade.
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Miserable, HR said it is 1.99% increment. But less 5 cents. It should be 1.989%....
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2014, 02:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have been working for 10 years after degree from nus.
earn meagre $5100.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ricardo Income and Jobs 5071 Today 04:26 AM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,448 Replies, 1,613,207 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
442 Replies, 143,135 Views
Bloomberg/Factset/Re... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 10,830 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,071 Replies, 1,676,378 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,533 Replies, 5,340,718 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,495 Replies, 2,759,484 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,349 Replies, 7,877,222 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,588 Replies, 474,013 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
590 Replies, 357,280 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,808,723 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 268,691 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
772 Replies, 371,453 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 72,394 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
522 Replies, 188,876 Views
OCBC Bank
4 Replies, 263 Views
Fresh grad 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 21,027 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 690,467 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,197 Replies, 1,970,798 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,007,562 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 7,766 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 21,656 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
205 Replies, 157,537 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 6,697 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 203,152 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 44,855 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
636 Replies, 326,930 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 123,512 Views
Cpf senior manager
6 Replies, 2,604 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,143 Replies, 634,940 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 172,810 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2