Salary Increment Rate - Page 15 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary Increment Rate

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am an overseas grad. No honors. Managed to get an entry level job at a foreign bank. Starting was 4.7k. One year later, got promoted due to exceptional performance and got 6k. Have worked for 1 year and 3 months in total now. Work hard and save hard. Like what the previous poster said: invest ur money wisely. As a salaryman, there is a limit to how much we can earn.

Reply With Quote
  #142 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello I am into my 7yr 3mth job with only 75000/year, age 34, ntu 2.2 with NS

like that am i in deep sh1t?
Hi, i am around the same as you into 7 yrs 6mths, same age 34 not married with degree and NS but only earn slightly less than 50k/year worst than you....

i think i am really seriously in deep shlt lao...for my case should i really need to jump ship? this year i only have 2% increment with 2.5 bonus and no promotion...If keep on like this, how to marry and have children...? Any advise for me, expertises?

Reply With Quote
  #143 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i am around the same as you into 7 yrs 6mths, same age 34 not married with degree and NS but only earn slightly less than 50k/year worst than you....

i think i am really seriously in deep shlt lao...for my case should i really need to jump ship? this year i only have 2% increment with 2.5 bonus and no promotion...If keep on like this, how to marry and have children...? Any advise for me, expertises?
Economy is very bad now, better to have a job then unemployed. 50k ain't that bad if you know how to manage your expenses. Lots of diploma/ITE ppl earn less than this and they still get by.

Reply With Quote
  #144 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Economy is very bad now, better to have a job then unemployed. 50k ain't that bad if you know how to manage your expenses. Lots of diploma/ITE ppl earn less than this and they still get by.
Yeah, this is how i used to comfort myself in the past using the bad economy as an exmple but this is totally bullshit. In fact, opportunities usually come during the timing when economy is bad. I will advise him to keep very closely lookout for any outside opportunities and jump over it and not wait and wait. If he is unable to promote and getting any good raise based on his 50k from the past few years where the economy is good, what makes him get even better if he still stay on to this coy? One more things, you have mentioned that lots of diploma/ITE ppl earn less than this which is not totally true. I know quite alot of them earn even more than that and somemore he is a degree holder which you should compare someone with the same degree and not comparing apple with an orange. Totally different.

Bec ppl like you keep telling others to be contented. No wonder ppl dun improve themselves which also partly contributed to this bad economy now... That's why gov keep pushing ppl to upgrade themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #145 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, this is how i used to comfort myself in the past using the bad economy as an exmple but this is totally bullshit. In fact, opportunities usually come during the timing when economy is bad. I will advise him to keep very closely lookout for any outside opportunities and jump over it and not wait and wait. If he is unable to promote and getting any good raise based on his 50k from the past few years where the economy is good, what makes him get even better if he still stay on to this coy? One more things, you have mentioned that lots of diploma/ITE ppl earn less than this which is not totally true. I know quite alot of them earn even more than that and somemore he is a degree holder which you should compare someone with the same degree and not comparing apple with an orange. Totally different.

Bec ppl like you keep telling others to be contented. No wonder ppl dun improve themselves which also partly contributed to this bad economy now... That's why gov keep pushing ppl to upgrade themselves.
There will always be people earning more, Iím not quite sure why you are so intend to prove there are poly grads making above 50k. I assume everyone already knows that.

So what would be your advice other than generic cheerleading? You donít seem to offer anything besides a baseless claim that better opportunities are available when the economy is bad and for poster to keep a lookout.
Reply With Quote
  #146 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just got my bonus letter. Sianz.. absolute amount is 3% less than my previous year's which is less my annual increment of a pathetic 3%...

Just have to be grateful about the bonus I guess...
Reply With Quote

  #147 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just got my bonus letter. Sianz.. absolute amount is 3% less than my previous year's which is less my annual increment of a pathetic 3%...

Just have to be grateful about the bonus I guess...
How much did you get? What industry?
Reply With Quote
  #148 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just got my bonus letter. Sianz.. absolute amount is 3% less than my previous year's which is less my annual increment of a pathetic 3%...

Just have to be grateful about the bonus I guess...
Wow just join civil service. A lot better than ur job.
Reply With Quote
  #149 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow just join civil service. A lot better than ur job.
Of course I would love a nice CS job. Good basic pay that the pte sector benchmarks to, decent bonus, good increment........ sighs.
Reply With Quote
  #150 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Small-Mid European bank here... 4 years since grad. Yearly increment 1-4% and bonus ~ 1 month. My group of friends in other banks not doing well too.

Emo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ricardo Income and Jobs 2667 Today 02:03 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Shopee
0 Replies, 1 Views
Food Panda
1 Replies, 29 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,588 Replies, 7,346,379 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,731 Views
DBS Bank
0 Replies, 25 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,725 Replies, 4,614,274 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 86,311 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,667 Replies, 1,281,445 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 22,793 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 207,969 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,696 Replies, 4,355,309 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,065 Replies, 2,525,171 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 57,717 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,334 Replies, 573,775 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,007 Replies, 2,502,401 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 99,508 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
459 Replies, 370,229 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 100,274 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 134,330 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,461 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
473 Replies, 272,756 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 275,253 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 320 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 119,395 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,517 Replies, 732,269 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,769 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,011 Replies, 522,121 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,750,713 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,822 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2