Operations officer in bank - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Operations officer in bank

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default Operations officer in bank

What is the job scope actually that required
-3-4 years exp in manufacturing
-engineering degree

how much to ask for the salary?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
What is the job scope actually that required
-3-4 years exp in manufacturing
-engineering degree

how much to ask for the salary?
Need to be good with excel, SQL and preferably have backgound financial knowledge eg CFA...
But frankly now is not a good time to join us.. Already hearsay there's gonna be a retrenchment anytime... Good luck jumping into the frying pan..

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Need to be good with excel, SQL and preferably have backgound financial knowledge eg CFA...
But frankly now is not a good time to join us.. Already hearsay there's gonna be a retrenchment anytime... Good luck jumping into the frying pan..

Requirements
A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
3-4 years of work experience in manufacturing or fast food industry.
Process oriented
Attention to details
Stress tolerance

this is the actual requirement from the jobstreet...
I dun have CFA or dun know SQL....

so i presume anyone that have meet the above requirement can do the job??

how much to ask for the salary?!?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Requirements
A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
3-4 years of work experience in manufacturing or fast food industry.
Process oriented
Attention to details
Stress tolerance

this is the actual requirement from the jobstreet...
I dun have CFA or dun know SQL....

so i presume anyone that have meet the above requirement can do the job??

how much to ask for the salary?!?
4 years exp should be AVP in most bank, can ask for 9k & expect 8-8.5k.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4 years exp should be AVP in most bank, can ask for 9k & expect 8-8.5k.
Ask for 9k with no relevent experience??? You gotta to be kidding... you'll be lucky if they would even offer you $3500... To ask for 9k would be instant suicide!!!!!! Mad advice!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ask for 9k with no relevent experience??? You gotta to be kidding... you'll be lucky if they would even offer you $3500... To ask for 9k would be instant suicide!!!!!! Mad advice!!!
$3500 might as well dont bother to switch, even fresh grads Associates come in at $4500 in local banks.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

i previously from engineering ST engineering 3-4 years exp already,

they put the requirement>>A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
3-4 years of work experience in manufacturing or fast food industry.

i am from manufacturing with degree...

so base on the requirement, i am 100% fit ....

my last drawn is 4k, requesting 4.5-5k ok??
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
i previously from engineering ST engineering 3-4 years exp already,

they put the requirement>>A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
3-4 years of work experience in manufacturing or fast food industry.

i am from manufacturing with degree...

so base on the requirement, i am 100% fit ....

my last drawn is 4k, requesting 4.5-5k ok??
If this is all you are going to aim for, why bother taking the risk of joining banks?

Everybody knows times will be bad & there is high chance of zero bonus and being fired in the next 12 months. You want to go in then aim big to cover the risk, it's pathetic to take on huge risk of being fired just for a miserable $500 increment.

You need to get out of that engineering penny pinching mode and start to think like the financial industry. They only want good people, weather you ask for $500 or $2500 increment makes little difference.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If this is all you are going to aim for, why bother taking the risk of joining banks?

Everybody knows times will be bad & there is high chance of zero bonus and being fired in the next 12 months. You want to go in then aim big to cover the risk, it's pathetic to take on huge risk of being fired just for a miserable $500 increment.

You need to get out of that engineering penny pinching mode and start to think like the financial industry. They only want good people, weather you ask for $500 or $2500 increment makes little difference.
The guy is right the price doesn't matter... If you truly believe that you're worth that amount even wthout any experience working in a bank... During interview if they challenge you, then you just stand up and bang on the table and insist that you're worth every cent you are asking for... See what happens... Do post your outcome here.. We will all be waiting to see what happens... Thks...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector Liquid Income and Jobs 66 29-09-2021 03:36 PM
Credit Control officer (Citibank) tianzui Income and Jobs 18 23-01-2015 10:35 AM
Which bank and product? yibs General Discussions 3 12-10-2012 10:19 AM
Technical Officer in PowerGrid deathism Income and Jobs 1 23-05-2011 11:30 AM
High pay for bank operations recruits Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 11-07-2007 01:53 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,659 Replies, 477,416 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,126 Replies, 1,681,382 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
894 Replies, 535,807 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
591 Replies, 358,516 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,452 Replies, 1,614,967 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,340 Replies, 2,811,848 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,267 Replies, 353,521 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 135,885 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
778 Replies, 372,317 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,543 Replies, 5,348,315 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,039 Replies, 4,579,123 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 45,073 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,198 Replies, 1,972,295 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,481 Replies, 691,366 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,497 Replies, 2,761,269 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
375 Replies, 132,151 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
630 Replies, 128,417 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,352 Replies, 7,881,413 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
443 Replies, 143,715 Views
Bloomberg/Factset/Re... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 10,903 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 269,064 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 72,618 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
522 Replies, 189,570 Views
OCBC Bank
4 Replies, 300 Views
Fresh grad 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 21,219 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,008,181 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 7,882 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 21,718 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
205 Replies, 157,627 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 6,775 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2