Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Operations officer in bank (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1685-operations-officer-bank.html)

Bean 19-01-2012 11:08 AM

Operations officer in bank

What is the job scope actually that required
-3-4 years exp in manufacturing
-engineering degree

how much to ask for the salary?

Unregistered 19-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 19870)
What is the job scope actually that required
-3-4 years exp in manufacturing
-engineering degree

how much to ask for the salary?

Need to be good with excel, SQL and preferably have backgound financial knowledge eg CFA...
But frankly now is not a good time to join us.. Already hearsay there's gonna be a retrenchment anytime... Good luck jumping into the frying pan..

Bean 19-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19871)
Need to be good with excel, SQL and preferably have backgound financial knowledge eg CFA...
But frankly now is not a good time to join us.. Already hearsay there's gonna be a retrenchment anytime... Good luck jumping into the frying pan..

Requirements
A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
3-4 years of work experience in manufacturing or fast food industry.
Process oriented
Attention to details
Stress tolerance

this is the actual requirement from the jobstreet...
I dun have CFA or dun know SQL....

so i presume anyone that have meet the above requirement can do the job??

how much to ask for the salary?!?

Unregistered 19-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 19872)
Requirements
A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.
Process oriented
Attention to details
Stress tolerance

this is the actual requirement from the jobstreet...
I dun have CFA or dun know SQL....

so i presume anyone that have meet the above requirement can do the job??

how much to ask for the salary?!?

4 years exp should be AVP in most bank, can ask for 9k & expect 8-8.5k.

Unregistered 19-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19873)
4 years exp should be AVP in most bank, can ask for 9k & expect 8-8.5k.

Ask for 9k with no relevent experience??? You gotta to be kidding... you'll be lucky if they would even offer you $3500... To ask for 9k would be instant suicide!!!!!! Mad advice!!!

Unregistered 19-01-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19878)
Ask for 9k with no relevent experience??? You gotta to be kidding... you'll be lucky if they would even offer you $3500... To ask for 9k would be instant suicide!!!!!! Mad advice!!!

$3500 might as well dont bother to switch, even fresh grads Associates come in at $4500 in local banks.

Bean 19-01-2012 05:28 PM

i previously from engineering ST engineering 3-4 years exp already,

they put the requirement>>A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.

i am from manufacturing with degree...

so base on the requirement, i am 100% fit ....

my last drawn is 4k, requesting 4.5-5k ok??

Unregistered 20-01-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 19881)
i previously from engineering ST engineering 3-4 years exp already,

they put the requirement>>A degree from a recognised university. An Engineering degree is preferred if you are from the manufacturing industry.

i am from manufacturing with degree...

so base on the requirement, i am 100% fit ....

my last drawn is 4k, requesting 4.5-5k ok??

If this is all you are going to aim for, why bother taking the risk of joining banks?

Everybody knows times will be bad & there is high chance of zero bonus and being fired in the next 12 months. You want to go in then aim big to cover the risk, it's pathetic to take on huge risk of being fired just for a miserable $500 increment.

You need to get out of that engineering penny pinching mode and start to think like the financial industry. They only want good people, weather you ask for $500 or $2500 increment makes little difference.

Unregistered 20-01-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19894)
If this is all you are going to aim for, why bother taking the risk of joining banks?

Everybody knows times will be bad & there is high chance of zero bonus and being fired in the next 12 months. You want to go in then aim big to cover the risk, it's pathetic to take on huge risk of being fired just for a miserable $500 increment.

You need to get out of that engineering penny pinching mode and start to think like the financial industry. They only want good people, weather you ask for $500 or $2500 increment makes little difference.

The guy is right the price doesn't matter... If you truly believe that you're worth that amount even wthout any experience working in a bank... During interview if they challenge you, then you just stand up and bang on the table and insist that you're worth every cent you are asking for... See what happens... Do post your outcome here.. We will all be waiting to see what happens... Thks...