Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How about being a financial worker in Sembcorp? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1650-how-about-being-financial-worker-sembcorp.html)

imfromtw 29-12-2011 01:11 PM

How about being a financial worker in Sembcorp?

Firstly, clarify my background, business bachelor, a few years financial experience in consulting industry(regard to energy, oil and utilities business).

So, how about choosing Sembcorp as my long-term career job? Any suggestion is welcomed!

By the way, anyone knows the salary and bonus in Sembcorp?

Thanks for your replies in advance!

QXP 29-12-2011 02:51 PM

No such thing as long term career, just grab if their offer is good.

Important thing is the job grade, never settle for anything less than M3. That is where most people kena jam and never progress, if you can clear and join at M4 or above, then will be much easier to progress.

Unregistered 29-12-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QXP (Post 19179)

Important thing is the job grade, never settle for anything less than M3. That is where most people kena jam and never progress, if you can clear and join at M4 or above, then will be much easier to progress.

IIRC M4 is the level that is "real manager" (anything below is just ego fake title), that's why the HR limit a small quota of ppl into M4 every year. If join as M3 or M2, sure dio stuck for many years unless you are a star performer.

Unregistered 29-12-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QXP (Post 19179)

What is the salary of M4?

Unregistered 30-12-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19192)
IIRC M4 is the level that is "real manager" (anything below is just ego fake title), that's why the HR limit a small quota of ppl into M4 every year. If join as M3 or M2, sure dio stuck for many years unless you are a star performer.

Although they never offically say so, I figured out that my senior manager title was probably fake one. Realise my benefits, perks & bonus not much different from the non-management.

Everytime got com session or sit in for "selected managers", my peers & I always kena left out and only our boss need to attend.

QXP 30-12-2011 09:59 AM

Above post by me also

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19195)
What is the salary of M4?

I don't know, left as M3 when I found out that almost no chance to move to M4. I was drawing 9.2k monthly so M4 should be a 10-20% higher?

Unregistered 30-12-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QXP (Post 19212)
Above post by me also

I don't know, left as M3 when I found out that almost no chance to move to M4. I was drawing 9.2k monthly so M4 should be a 10-20% higher?

Wow, what kind of work had you been responsible for? That's really a high pay.

Unregistered 02-01-2012 07:11 PM

jus wondering how much does
1) senior VP
2) manager

earns in sembcorp? met a few of them when my company met them

Bean 02-01-2012 09:26 PM

STengineering also using the
E5,E6,M1-M6 system...

I know of someone close to 18years exp , with ST only promote to M2 2 years back, salary 6.3k only

Unregistered 03-01-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 19298)
STengineering also using the
E5,E6,M1-M6 system...

I know of someone close to 18years exp , with ST only promote to M2 2 years back, salary 6.3k only

Must be a condemned case?