Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1646-government-singapore-investment-corporation-government-singapore-investment-corporation.html)

free 27-12-2011 01:27 AM

GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation)

hi, need some advice on GIC, what is the starting pay like for fresh grad and.. how is the career prospect like?

Unregistered 27-12-2011 09:34 AM

Support function ~4.8k 5mths bonus
Portfolio function ~8k 7-9mths bonus

Unregistered 28-12-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free (Post 19093)
hi, need some advice on GIC, what is the starting pay like for fresh grad and.. how is the career prospect like?

It's not easy to get in as a fresh grad unless you've got excellent results... Good luck..

Unregistered 29-12-2011 10:20 AM

Was a couple of years into my career at a foreign bank when I received an email to go for their management associate program.

I thought it was a mid-career MA program but during the interview rounds I realised that they were also interviewing fresh grads. Big turn-off.

Program pay was 5k pm which (much lower than my last drawn) but supposedly moves up to 8k pm after 1st year.

Received some advice not to join GIC as it was the parking lot for government scholars. This meant that if you weren't a scholar, you'd be 2nd class citizen. Didn't sit well with me. My pov is to avoid such organisations. My advice is that private sector might be better (if you have the choice). Otherwise, start GIC and move out. I know of someone who did just that.

Goodluck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19100)
Support function ~4.8k 5mths bonus
Portfolio function ~8k 7-9mths bonus

Unregistered 02-01-2012 07:13 PM

anyone knows how much an associate and associate director earns in Temasek holdings?

Unregistered 03-01-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19297)
anyone knows how much an associate and associate director earns in Temasek holdings?

Was about $10 - 12 per month for associate & $15 to 18k per month for AD some time back. Not sure now.

Mid-career banker 11-08-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19302)
Was about $10 - 12 per month for associate & $15 to 18k per month for AD some time back. Not sure now.

Really? I'm in talks with Temasek now and I'm a mid-career entrant, I've asked for a pay that's less than 10k per month. Too little?

Unregistered 11-08-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mid-career banker (Post 27484)
Really? I'm in talks with Temasek now and I'm a mid-career entrant, I've asked for a pay that's less than 10k per month. Too little?

No mid career ask for <10k.

Portfolio side freshies will already exceed 10k within 2 years of joining

Unregistered 26-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19167)
Was a couple of years into my career at a foreign bank when I received an email to go for their management associate program.

I thought it was a mid-career MA program but during the interview rounds I realised that they were also interviewing fresh grads. Big turn-off.

Program pay was 5k pm which (much lower than my last drawn) but supposedly moves up to 8k pm after 1st year.

Received some advice not to join GIC as it was the parking lot for government scholars. This meant that if you weren't a scholar, you'd be 2nd class citizen. Didn't sit well with me. My pov is to avoid such organisations. My advice is that private sector might be better (if you have the choice). Otherwise, start GIC and move out. I know of someone who did just that.

Goodluck.

I have 5 years of experience and considering applying for their portfolio function.
Don't like joining big organization or government-linked. But the salary is too attractive. I wonder if I could get similar salary/perks if I join smaller investment firms?

Unregistered 26-05-2013 10:42 AM

can someone without a finance or investment background join GIC as a career change?

i currently have over 13 years experience in technology company, with experience in business development, project management and industry knowledge in telecommunications and transportation.