Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working in WDA. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1607-working-wda.html)

Omg 29-11-2011 02:32 PM

Working in WDA.

Any one can advice me, how much should I ask for as a career consultant or employer consultant in WDA..

Bean 29-11-2011 02:46 PM

male or female?
waht class of honours?
how many years of previous exp?

Omg 29-11-2011 03:06 PM

Female, with dip only. 3 years wring exp. Current pay is 2.4k. Jus wondering if they would pay more than my current pay.

Bean 29-11-2011 03:33 PM

with a dip only, very hard to get a pay increment when jump **** to government sector.

I got an 2nd lower degree, with 3+ years in private sector.....apply MOE executive position....what they offer me is just to match my previous salary , not even increment!!!
bonus is also 2 months lesser...

Omg 29-11-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 18481)
with a dip only, very hard to get a pay increment when jump **** to government sector.

I got an 2nd lower degree, with 3+ years in private sector.....apply MOE executive position....what they offer me is just to match my previous salary , not even increment!!!
bonus is also 2 months lesser...

Omg!!! So unfair to u... My jump is from one stat board to wda.. But could anyone wrking in wda confirm for me that career consultant is actually a senior officer position. A fren of mine told me tt. But nt sure hw true.

Unregistered 29-11-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omg (Post 18477)
Any one can advice me, how much should I ask for as a career consultant or employer consultant in WDA..

Jumping from stat board to stat board will not result in big increments. Sometimes if you are significantly below their mid point of salary range, they might give 3%-5%. But for diploma 3 yrs exp, 2.4k is slightly higher than mid point, so unlikely will have increment, but should be still able to match your pay.

Omg 29-11-2011 04:09 PM

Hmmm... So I think that fren of mine is trying to pull me down. Cause we went to the interview tgt. He didn't get it but I got the job. He told me tt I can ask for 3k or more for career consultant ,as according to him it's a senior officer post. Luckily I don't believe a word he said. But guess I jus have to see wats the best they can offer me.

Unregistered 29-11-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omg (Post 18484)
Hmmm... So I think that fren of mine is trying to pull me down. Cause we went to the interview tgt. He didn't get it but I got the job. He told me tt I can ask for 3k or more for career consultant ,as according to him it's a senior officer post. Luckily I don't believe a word he said. But guess I jus have to see wats the best they can offer me.

Yes, best for you is wait for them to offer. Most stat board will only make 1 non-negotiable offer anyway, so not much room for you to bargain.

3k is ridicuolous for a diploma + 3 years experience (no offence to you), it is almost the same pay as degree w/o NS + 3 year exp. You will be screwed upside down if you demand for 3k.

Unregistered 29-11-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omg (Post 18480)
Female, with dip only. 3 years wring exp. Current pay is 2.4k. Jus wondering if they would pay more than my current pay.

What?!! Your current pay at 2.4k is already sky high already for just a diploma holder.. I am a guy with NS with 7 years working experience in stat board and also drawing 2.4k.. Maybe i shld go and hang myself..

Unregistered 28-12-2011 10:41 PM

So which CDC u joining? We could me colleagues