Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Build and release engineer job offer (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1597-build-release-engineer-job-offer.html)

longines 22-11-2011 10:16 PM

Build and release engineer job offer

Hi all,

I have 2 years of experience as software developer (involved in all stages of SDLC). Since my contract has ended with this comp, they offer me a new 2 years contract with $3,500 monthly salary + 3 months completion bonus (exclusive of AWS and performance bonus).

In the other hand, I have been offered a build and release engineer (BNR) job with one of the software MNC. The pay is $3,800 plus some stock options which translate to about additional $100++ per month. There will be only 1 time bonus which is 7% of annual salary.

So, do you guys think I should take the new offer?
Is switching from development to BNR is a good idea?

thanks

Unregistered 22-11-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longines (Post 18324)
Hi all,

I have 2 years of experience as software developer (involved in all stages of SDLC). Since my contract has ended with this comp, they offer me a new 2 years contract with $3,500 monthly salary + 3 months completion bonus (exclusive of AWS and performance bonus).

In the other hand, I have been offered a build and release engineer (BNR) job with one of the software MNC. The pay is $3,800 plus some stock options which translate to about additional $100++ per month. There will be only 1 time bonus which is 7% of annual salary.

thanks

Sounds like a very specialized role. You may lose your development capability.

But, I would go for the money! ;)

longines 22-11-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18326)
Sounds like a very specialized role. You may lose your development capability.

But, I would go for the money! ;)

haha, that's not a lot of money. If you take into consideration the AWS and performance bonus i am receiving in current company. But yeah, it looks like a big jump on my monthly salary

Unregistered 24-11-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longines (Post 18324)
Hi all,

thanks

Not a significant increase, but it depends on what you wanna do. If you love development, BNR would not be challenging for you.