Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 28-01-2023 11:09 AM

reaching mid-day on a Saturday

whatever1992 06-02-2023 10:40 PM

Hi anyone recently went for counsellor untrained position interview in Jan/Feb? Did you go for the 2nd interview and receive a call/email to go for medical check up?

Unregistered 07-02-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever1992 (Post 239917)
Hi anyone recently went for counsellor untrained position interview in Jan/Feb? Did you go for the 2nd interview and receive a call/email to go for medical check up?

sounds like MOE or MSF?

whatever1992 07-02-2023 10:34 AM

It’s with the MOE.

Unregistered 07-02-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever1992 (Post 239937)
It’s with the MOE.

oic

if u r already reaching the tail end of the hiring process ie more or less on board liao then not as bad?

whatever1992 07-02-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239940)
oic

if u r already reaching the tail end of the hiring process ie more or less on board liao then not as bad?

Maybe. Just wanted to know if someone went for interview during the same time. Wanted to know if anyone already got a call for medical review.

Unregistered 12-04-2023 11:16 AM

SEN officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238766)
Haha.. Yes, kena blindsided perhaps. Some friends told me it could be from the ref check but then again, my current workplace do support the growth of employees even if it is elsewhere. I guess when one door closes, another might open. Just need to open my eyes big big to find that door. Lol.

Oh no, do they actually contact your current employer to do a reference check without letting you know in advance? I would imagine this to be quite a surprise if we have not mentioned anything to our company (when the offer isn't even confirmed yet)

Unregistered 16-04-2023 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246036)
Oh no, do they actually contact your current employer to do a reference check without letting you know in advance? I would imagine this to be quite a surprise if we have not mentioned anything to our company (when the offer isn't even confirmed yet)

don't think they r obliged to tell u they gonna do the reference check with your ex coy?

Unregistered 11-08-2023 08:13 PM

Sen officer

Hi, will they ask you first before they call your company for reference check? Also, anyone went for interview july 2023? Any offer yet? I just went for medical check up today. My current company doesnt know that i am applying new job. Would want to let them know only if they inform that they will do reference check. If not dont want to let them know, if not paiseh to stay in the company leh.

Unregistered 15-08-2023 10:49 AM

Sen officer

How long between your interview and the call for medical check up? I just went yesterday but the vibe I had wasn't great. Want to see if I should just continue applying for other jobs.