Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 25-11-2022 03:45 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235597)
Hi, based on the experience with them, they can take quite a while to process everything. I went for interview in July, only recently then I gotten anywhere close to the final step of them offering me the job! Keep your fingers crossed. It may not be for this round of hiring, but they may keep it for the next cycle. Hope you receive good news!

Yes, just to add on that they really do take a while to process everything! Applied in June, interview in August, medical in Sept, and only just received offer - took 5 months in total!

When do you start work? :)

Unregistered 25-11-2022 09:15 PM

Trained counsellor

Hi anyone went for the trained counsellor interview recently? Any news so far?

Unregistered 27-11-2022 01:35 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235733)
Yes, just to add on that they really do take a while to process everything! Applied in June, interview in August, medical in Sept, and only just received offer - took 5 months in total!

When do you start work? :)

I haven’t gotten the official offer from there yet. Have to go through their reference check first, can I check roughly from the reference check process to the offer process, how long did they take? So you got your school posting already? And when do you start work too?

Unregistered 28-11-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235885)
I haven’t gotten the official offer from there yet. Have to go through their reference check first, can I check roughly from the reference check process to the offer process, how long did they take? So you got your school posting already? And when do you start work too?

The offer came a day or two after my referees responded. No posting yet, starting only next year!

Unregistered 29-11-2022 07:27 AM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235953)
The offer came a day or two after my referees responded. No posting yet, starting only next year!

I see. You start in January?

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:28 PM

SEN role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235033)
Hi, I just received an email asking for reference check with my RO for my current company. They say they are considering to offer me with this pay for 2 years. But by no means, it’s the letter of appt yet. I guess they would be calling to check in with the reporting officer before they would offer the letter of appointment. Have you gotten any updates?

Hi! Yup I got my offer last month. Hope that you will get good news soon! All the best ;)

Unregistered 10-12-2022 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231654)
Hi, anyone applied for this position in July and already cleared medical, and gotten a response back from HR again with the job offer?

Just an update, while pending medical clearance they did a reference check. Didn't hear from them for several weeks and sent an email to follow up with HR. Within next 2 wks, received the offer via email. Contract signing was done in Nov. Overall, entire hiring process from submission of application took about 4 months+ (& about 3 months from interview)

Unregistered 15-12-2022 06:11 PM

Hi can any one advise had my interview in early October have not heard back from them for medical checkup. However recently my references received an email for performance check means got chance?

Unregistered 16-12-2022 07:56 PM

can anyone advise me? Do they accept Master of business administration from Imperial college holders? Does it make a difference if I got mine from coursera?

HulioRavina 27-12-2022 01:34 AM

I once waited for a job response for *6* months in total! That's crazy, IMO. But I don't make the same mistakes anymore.