Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 24-12-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103323)
In our local non profit sector, no GM or ED's salary has ever hit 100K per annum...thanks to NKF...the highest I gotten was 7.5K. I took a pay cut of 1K for my last drawn.

Also, the AM post at MOE would be a foundation posting and since I am changing industry, I am happy to start somewhere, anywhere.

I am going to hit the big 50 in a couple of years time...how about some encouragement for me...I know you meant well...but trust me, its lonely at the top and when I look back at those times when I was a young officer, I really miss the camaraderie among staff level.

Oh NKF... Sorry I was under the impression you were a Executive Director in the public sector like a ministry or stat board, hence my reply was geared towards that. NKF's job titles are a completely different thing altogether.

I know it sounds discouraging, but the truth is I doubt recruiters in the market including the public sector would consider that as 8 years of senior level management experience. In terms of both pay and job complexity, most would equate that as a middle or mid-low level management in public sector/GLC and maybe even non-management senior associate level in bigger MNCs.

Anyway since you want to take on admin roles, there's really no need to restrict yourself to a school AM. There's plenty of opportunities in ministries and stat boards which are admin/planning in nature at around the AD/SM level which are IMO more suitable for you.

Those jobs will also be more challenging/empowered and allow you to make use of your skills and in the process learn from colleagues who are at or higher than your level. Even if you get this job, you go in there do basic office work done by counterparts in their 20s and early 30s and get forever pay freezed due to cap without progression really not a good fit.

Unregistered 24-12-2017 11:00 PM

please lah... a local charity employee with a fancy name card drama until like ur the president of US or China...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103323)
...but trust me, its lonely at the top and when I look back at those times when I was a young officer, I really miss the camaraderie among staff level.


Unregistered 25-12-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103325)
Oh NKF... Sorry I was under the impression you were a Executive Director in the public sector like a ministry or stat board, hence my reply was geared towards that. NKF's job titles are a completely different thing altogether.

I know it sounds discouraging, but the truth is I doubt recruiters in the market including the public sector would consider that as 8 years of senior level management experience. In terms of both pay and job complexity, most would equate that as a middle or mid-low level management in public sector/GLC and maybe even non-management senior associate level in bigger MNCs.

Anyway since you want to take on admin roles, there's really no need to restrict yourself to a school AM. There's plenty of opportunities in ministries and stat boards which are admin/planning in nature at around the AD/SM level which are IMO more suitable for you.

Those jobs will also be more challenging/empowered and allow you to make use of your skills and in the process learn from colleagues who are at or higher than your level. Even if you get this job, you go in there do basic office work done by counterparts in their 20s and early 30s and get forever pay freezed due to cap without progression really not a good fit.

I mostly agree. But no need to be so negative as the TS just wants some encouragement to find a good stable job for his final career stretch. Have some empathy instead of attacking on all these unimportant details. Same thing might happen to you when you are 50.

Unregistered 05-01-2018 09:27 AM

2900 hollacombe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58895)
This is MOE we are talking about here. Not sure what kind of prospects you are looking at especially admin manager of schools.

Please wake up. This is 2014, coming to 2015.

Thank you


Its 2018.

Admin Managers are under Executive and Administrative scheme.

If you are in school, next level up is VP Admin, and if you are posted to HQ, look at the various staff postings available....

How big a role you want to play, you decide.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/execut...e-headquarters

Unregistered 08-01-2018 04:41 PM

Awaiting news...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103312)
You see...aside from the first 10 years with a different ministry....my last 8 years was in senior management roles within the non profit sector (was an Assistant Director, General Manager and Executive Director). HR did clarify that they could meet my last drawn...so in terms of salary, it must be at the ceiling cap if appointed. Not really entry level in terms of pay.

Job scope wise, I believe I can excel given my past experiences in senior management roles...I am known to be on the ball so slacking isn't in my vocabulary. I hope to improve on internal work processes and help the Principal run the school more efficiently, in terms of administration and operations, making life easier for the Principal and the teachers...so that the latter can focus more on their students....definitely not entry level mentality and a different perspective from yours, altogether.

:)

HI KPO. Not sure if you have got any reply from MOE so far? Hope you will have good news in the new year!

KPO 08-01-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103697)
HI KPO. Not sure if you have got any reply from MOE so far? Hope you will have good news in the new year!

Thank you for your well wishes...

In between then, HR called to check on salary from a past employment and was told to wait for another couple more weeks....which is this week, presumably so, since the Xmas/NY break is officially over.

But as per one SB HR has posted here...

https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/...l#.WlM0bSOp2Rs

perhaps I wasn't the first choice candidate either....nonetheless, keeping my fingers crossed...

Unregistered 13-01-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103698)
Thank you for your well wishes...

In between then, HR called to check on salary from a past employment and was told to wait for another couple more weeks....which is this week, presumably so, since the Xmas/NY break is officially over.

But as per one SB HR has posted here...

[://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision-82.html#.WlM0bSOp2Rs[/

perhaps I wasn't the first choice candidate either....nonetheless, keeping my fingers crossed...


KPO,

I read your postings and I believe you will be a good Manager for the school. I like what you said about making life easier for the teachers. Trust me, we need people like you to help lessen our admin load.

I think you may not be MOE's first choice. That's why it is taking longer.
Or maybe you are just parked in the pool waiting for upcoming vacancies. I know of admin managers waiting to leave after receiving their year end bonuses and there are people retiring too.

With your credentials, you should try to apply for VP Admin. I understand they are recruiting now. All the best!

Unregistered 13-01-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103616)
Its 2018.

Admin Managers are under Executive and Administrative scheme.

If you are in school, next level up is VP Admin, and if you are posted to HQ, look at the various staff postings available....

How big a role you want to play, you decide.

[.moe.gov.sg/careers/executive-administrative/moe-headquarters[/

Most support jobs that require tertiary education is considered under Executive and Administrative scheme. This is nothing new or unique to MOE.

Admin Manager usually reports to VP Admin, but the next level up is NOT VP. No VP in MOE school gets promoted from a Admin Manager.

Please don't anyhow spread falsehoods just based on googling without understanding the situation.

Unregistered 13-01-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103830)
Most support jobs that require tertiary education is considered under Executive and Administrative scheme. This is nothing new or unique to MOE.

Admin Manager usually reports to VP Admin, but the next level up is NOT VP. No VP in MOE school gets promoted from a Admin Manager.

Please don't anyhow spread falsehoods just based on googling without understanding the situation.

AM to VP is rare, but still possible. I know of a few who made it, but they are mostly very long serving staff like 20+ years of service in a particular school and some good principals will help them secure a VP slot in their school to reward loyalty.

For KPO considering his/her age, realistically speaking it is best to join with the expectation to stay on as AM until retirement. As for the AM job itself, my take is one man's meat is another's poison. It all depends on what are your career goals - if you want a stable and balanced job with some opportunities for self-development as you go along and nice environment it's quite ok. But if you are the kind got grand vision, want to change the future and move up then this is not for you.

KPO 15-01-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103831)
AM to VP is rare, but still possible. I know of a few who made it, but they are mostly very long serving staff like 20+ years of service in a particular school and some good principals will help them secure a VP slot in their school to reward loyalty.

For KPO considering his/her age, realistically speaking it is best to join with the expectation to stay on as AM until retirement. As for the AM job itself, my take is one man's meat is another's poison. It all depends on what are your career goals - if you want a stable and balanced job with some opportunities for self-development as you go along and nice environment it's quite ok. But if you are the kind got grand vision, want to change the future and move up then this is not for you.


Thank you for sharing.

A stable and balanced job is all I am asking. A nice environment and opportunities for self-development would be added bonuses.

Spoke to HR last Friday. She said she will call me back :)

Unregistered 17-01-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103847)
Thank you for sharing.

A stable and balanced job is all I am asking. A nice environment and opportunities for self-development would be added bonuses.

Spoke to HR last Friday. She said she will call me back :)

Hi KPO. That's good news. Hope you have already got something so far. I been to some interviews too. Although it was not mentioned outright, our age is definitely a factor in their consideration. Cheers.

KPO 17-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103905)
Hi KPO. That's good news. Hope you have already got something so far. I been to some interviews too. Although it was not mentioned outright, our age is definitely a factor in their consideration. Cheers.


Nope still no calls from HR but I did attend one interview with another organisation today.
I still prefer MOE.

Age is like that cup of water, half full or half empty...

KPO 26-01-2018 06:09 PM

She said she will call but still no news from MOE and my Careers Gov status is still as "shortlisted". By the way, its already 2 months since the first interview.

There is nothing I can do but proceed with other scheduled interviews...

Unregistered 08-02-2018 05:19 PM

usually how long does MOE get back? I just went for an interview at MOE in Jan and the HR mentioned that it takes 4-5 weeks to update me the outcome.

Unregistered 08-02-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104499)
usually how long does MOE get back? I just went for an interview at MOE in Jan and the HR mentioned that it takes 4-5 weeks to update me the outcome.

what position was that?

Unregistered 09-02-2018 09:40 AM

it is the admin manager post.

Unregistered 09-02-2018 06:40 PM

Anyone got invited to attend the 13th Feb information session for School Counsellor (For Applicants without Counselling Training) position?

Past successful applicants, could you share the selection process?

Unregistered 10-02-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104527)
Anyone got invited to attend the 13th Feb information session for School Counsellor (For Applicants without Counselling Training) position?

Past successful applicants, could you share the selection process?

I am attending, have submitted the online personality test last night and just received an email indicating I was shortlisted on the career gov portal.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 09:54 PM

Hi. I am very keen on the ECG Counsellor position at MOE. Does anyone know if there is a time frame (e.g. by June) for the shortlisted Counsellors to start work? How is the hiring process like? Thank you.

Unregistered 22-02-2018 10:48 PM

Received a call from MOE HR this evening, to attend interview for School Counsellors (those without counselling training). This is the follow up from the 13th Feb Information Session.

Waiting 02-03-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104938)
Received a call from MOE HR this evening, to attend interview for School Counsellors (those without counselling training). This is the follow up from the 13th Feb Information Session.

Hi! Have you gone for your interview? How did it go?

For those who have gone through this journey, how long is the wait before we know the outcome of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered 02-03-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting (Post 105246)
Hi! Have you gone for your interview? How did it go?

For those who have gone through this journey, how long is the wait before we know the outcome of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

My scheduled interview is on 7th March.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting (Post 105246)
Hi! Have you gone for your interview? How did it go?

For those who have gone through this journey, how long is the wait before we know the outcome of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

The school stint starts in June 2018.
If interview is in March and you are successful, you will be appointed before the school stint starts. So the longest wait would be around 3 months.

Unregistered 09-03-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105322)
The school stint starts in June 2018.
If interview is in March and you are successful, you will be appointed before the school stint starts. So the longest wait would be around 3 months.

After the 7th March interview (and there will only be this interview), how long does it take for them to recruit/appoint me? Will it be phone call, email or snail mail?

Unregistered 15-03-2018 08:46 AM

I went for the school counsellor interview on 7th March (wed).
Received unsuccessful outcome via email on 14 March (wed).

Within a span of one week and taking into account the weekend, would the rejection be due to
- fail interview or
- fail clearance or
..?


anyone from HR can advise?

Snowbelle83 25-03-2018 01:10 AM

Hi

Does anyone know what are the check MOE will do for not teaching role?

Thanks in advance

Meow 26-03-2018 03:29 PM

Any newd?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96553)
I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?

Hi..did you get the job? I went for MOE school lab tech last friday (23/3/18) on mon (26/3/18) thry called me up for futher documents. Im not sure of i get the job tho.

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:23 PM

Hi, I have applied for the ICT Associate/Manager on 2 Dec, to be assigned/stationed in school. I had gone for several school interview by a a panel of P, VP and ICT-HOD.

I was informed from one of the school Admin Manager that I have being shortlisted on 12 Feb 2018. And to await for HQ clearance which normally takes 2 to 3 months, she proclaimed.

My question, I read the forum and learnt we could check our status from [email protected] on the status. I tried checking but couldn’t find any status of my application.

Could anyone advice where can I check that status?

Thank you

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106181)
Hi, I have applied for the ICT Associate/Manager on 2 Dec, to be assigned/stationed in school. I had gone for several school interview by a a panel of P, VP and ICT-HOD.

I was informed from one of the school Admin Manager that I have being shortlisted on 12 Feb 2018. And to await for HQ clearance which normally takes 2 to 3 months, she proclaimed.

My question, I read the forum and learnt we could check our status from [email protected] on the status. I tried checking but couldn’t find any status of my application.

Could anyone advice where can I check that status?

Thank you

Hi everyone, I found my status in [email protected] It is reflecting “Submitted”.

From the day I submitted all requested document (19/3/18), I suppose the waiting time(2-3 months) as per quoted by the school Admin Manager. I hope there will be good news soon.

Fingercross

Unregistered 29-03-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 106170)
Hi..did you get the job? I went for MOE school lab tech last friday (23/3/18) on mon (26/3/18) thry called me up for futher documents. Im not sure of i get the job tho.

I applied for MOE labtec years ago. Aug apply, interview in Oct, confirmed in Dec and started work in late feb the following year. Good luck! They can be quite slow.

KPO 29-03-2018 08:46 PM

Thank you all for keeping me company during these trying times...

After a long wait of 1.5 years, I finally got a job offer and will be starting work this coming Monday...its not with the Civil Service though...

Wish me luck folks...

and to the rest who are still looking for work, keep your spirits up...dont give up.

Unregistered 03-04-2018 03:57 AM

Does anyone know the salary range of ICT Associate/Manager?

Unregistered 18-04-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106397)
Does anyone know the salary range of ICT Associate/Manager?

You got the offer?

wakajobs 20-04-2018 03:40 PM

Latest Jobs - wakajobs
 
Find your latest job vacancies for free by the hour at : https://www.wakajobs.com

Unregistered 23-04-2018 12:41 AM

What does MOE look for in a ICT Associate / Manager?
How can IT Trainer / TA apply? Any successful cases? Have only heard of IT Execs getting the job
Will the application open soon?

Unregistered 11-05-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106183)
Hi everyone, I found my status in [email protected] It is reflecting “Submitted”.

From the day I submitted all requested document (19/3/18), I suppose the waiting time(2-3 months) as per quoted by the school Admin Manager. I hope there will be good news soon.

Fingercross

Finally I checked on [email protected] and the status of my application is now reflecting "Shortlisted" instead of "Completed". Do really hope the process is on its way after the long wait and several documents is needed during the period of March 2018.


Pray hard!!

Unregistered 14-05-2018 01:27 PM

my friend is applying for Corporate support officer under MOE. she have A level and some years of work experience.

what will be the expected starting salary?
$1600? or S$1800?
also, understand that it was a 3 year contracts. so she will still get AWS/PB right even it is under contract basis?

Unregistered 18-05-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107199)
Finally I checked on [email protected] and the status of my application is now reflecting "Shortlisted" instead of "Completed". Do really hope the process is on its way after the long wait and several documents is needed during the period of March 2018.


Pray hard!!

Was surprised to received an official email from MOE for my ICT application to attend the Appointment Formalities (AF) session after nearly a 6 months wait.

To those who are still waiting, do not give up.

Unregistered 21-05-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107255)
my friend is applying for Corporate support officer under MOE. she have A level and some years of work experience.

what will be the expected starting salary?
$1600? or S$1800?
also, understand that it was a 3 year contracts. so she will still get AWS/PB right even it is under contract basis?

It’s depending on the HR to evaluate her last drawn pay, just apply with expected salary as the HR will justify with submitted documents.

Unregistered 21-05-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107331)
Was surprised to received an official email from MOE for my ICT application to attend the Appointment Formalities (AF) session after nearly a 6 months wait.

To those who are still waiting, do not give up.

wow thats good


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2