Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 13-12-2014 11:02 AM

anyone here in either of the psychology departments at moe? is it difficult to get in?

Unregistered 07-01-2015 05:03 PM

duration to wait for interview call up
 
How long should we wait to see if we will be selected after application submission? Though it was always mentioned that the applications form will be kept for 2 months but waiting for 2 months is too long. Anyone has any ideas usually how long they will get back to you if you were to be selected for interview?

Unregistered 05-02-2015 08:42 AM

Could some kind soul please share how long does it take for MOE to contact for the first interview? Thanks!

Unregistered 05-02-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62310)
Could some kind soul please share how long does it take for MOE to contact for the first interview? Thanks!

If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be notified within 1 month from the closing date of application.

Unregistered 06-02-2015 04:47 AM

Thanks so much! The wait is killing...

Unregistered 06-02-2015 11:34 AM

Does MOE recognise private degrees? Not sure if I should apply degree position with private cert...

Unregistered 06-02-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62360)
Does MOE recognise private degrees? Not sure if I should apply degree position with private cert...

Depends, if its those admin, HR and general roles, you might get a chance. But probably less hope for more specialised roles like psychology and policy.

Unregistered 13-02-2015 05:19 PM

Has anyone applied for any admin positions recently? Has MOE gone back? Thanks..

Unregistered 22-02-2015 12:24 AM

Wait so long...
 
Anyone know when is MOE recruitment exercise for non-teaching positions?

I understand they conduct it periodically, I sent an application in late Oct last year and haven't heard from them since. Not sure if I'm rejected or are they still in process of shortlisting...

Unregistered 25-10-2015 01:41 AM

Can anyone shed some light on the essay questions?
Is it only 1 question or with options to choose?

Unregistered 22-02-2017 05:50 AM

interview
 
Hi, can anyone share with me some experience for interview at moe ? Will there be a test ? how long is your interview? Thanks

Mintly 23-02-2017 06:25 PM

Jobs
 
Refer to a job site at ://.mintly.in. You can have more no of job vacancies for sales and marketing jobs.

Searching Soul 24-02-2017 04:46 PM

Hi, anyone recently applied for the MOE School Admin Manager? Any reply from MOE?

Unregistered 28-02-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56121)
Just apply and take my chances. No harm trying :)

We are not discouraging you from trying, we are just telling you that your chances are low even AFTER trying:)

Unregistered 28-02-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 18234)
Hi

This year MAY 2011, I also apply a MX position with MOE at MOE HQ, they called me about 3 weeks after my 1st interview, to offer me the job!!

Hi, are you working in school or HQ? Thanks

Unregistered 28-02-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searching Soul (Post 94920)
Hi, anyone recently applied for the MOE School Admin Manager? Any reply from MOE?

I also apply but no calls yet only status change to in process.. but usually they very fast one i think.. if after 1-2 weeks after application close no call i think no chance already..

Searching Soul 03-03-2017 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;95090]I also apply but no calls yet only status change to in process.. but usually they very fast one i think.. if after 1-2 weeks after application close no call i think no chance already..[/QUOTE

Same here. My status is in process. So far no calls from MOE.

Unregistered 10-03-2017 02:43 PM

I applied too and my status also in process. When was the closing date for this position?

Searching Soul 10-03-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95420)
I applied too and my status also in process. When was the closing date for this position?

If I'm not wrong, closing date was during the last week of February. Still no reply for me.

Unregistered 10-03-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searching Soul (Post 95422)
If I'm not wrong, closing date was during the last week of February. Still no reply for me.

Is it like we all no chance.. haha..

Unregistered 15-03-2017 09:54 AM

i also applied for the admin manager post on 21st Feb iirc.
it's been in process since then.
so, it's been about 2 weeks since closing date?

Unregistered 15-03-2017 08:13 PM

High chance we are not shortlisted i guess?

Unregistered 03-04-2017 02:43 AM

Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95594)
i also applied for the admin manager post on 21st Feb iirc.
it's been in process since then.
so, it's been about 2 weeks since closing date?

Hi, so r u shortlisted after the in process for 2 wks??

Unregistered 10-04-2017 04:29 PM

I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?

Unregistered 20-04-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96553)
I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?


Have you gotten a reply? This should be a teaching position, no?

Your interview was with the school? Might be able to ask the P to check for you.

Unregistered 24-07-2017 11:50 AM

Hi, is it true that MOE positions are all offered on 3 years contract basis for new joiners? I was all civil service hiring are like this now. Anyone recently being offered? can advise pls?

Unregistered 27-07-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98919)
Hi, is it true that MOE positions are all offered on 3 years contract basis for new joiners? I was all civil service hiring are like this now. Anyone recently being offered? can advise pls?

seems so, I am also offered the same but at 3.5 years

Unregistered 28-07-2017 01:23 AM

Did they say whether after 3.5 years contract will convert to perm or renew contract again and again? Mind sharing what position / role that you were being offered? Did you try negotiating for perm position instead? Or nego for a shorter contract period?

KPO 18-12-2017 06:31 PM

Need all your advice please…

I have 18 years of working experience of which ten years was in the government sector. Decided to come back and make Civil Service my last stop. Hence I chose MOE and applied for Admin Mgr position through [email protected] The closing date for application was 26 November 2017.

14 October - I applied through [email protected] website.

17 November - Status in [email protected] reflected as SHORTLISTED. I received a call from HR for first interview. Took the opportunity to enquire on the recruitment and interview process. HR advised that depending on the composition of the interview panel, a second interview maybe necessary.

22 November - Attended 1st Interview. Interview went well and was informed that the position would commence either January or February 2018. I presumed there were 2 positions available. Interview panel consisted of

- a Principal (xxx Primary School)
- a Vice Principal (xxx Secondary School)
- a different HR staff

23 November - The following day, HR asked for more information on past employment and I was advised to wait a further two to three weeks.

Two weeks of no news.

14 December - HR called to enquire on last salary drawn, AWS, PB details from my last employment.

Based on the above, please share your thoughts...

- Was an interim decision made (to-hire-who-for-which-school) right after the first interview? There were 3 other candidates before me during the first interview.
- During the two weeks of no news, HR was conducting the various checks?
- Will HR advise if I am unsuccessful?
- What are my chances of securing the job?

I have to say, the HR staff from MOE has been most courteous, patient and professional throughout our correspondence.

Thank you for reading.

KPO 23-12-2017 11:18 AM

still no news, really sian...

Unregistered 23-12-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103178)
Need all your advice please…

I have 18 years of working experience of which ten years was in the government sector. Decided to come back and make Civil Service my last stop. Hence I chose MOE and applied for Admin Mgr position through [email protected] The closing date for application was 26 November 2017.

14 October - I applied through [email protected] website.

17 November - Status in [email protected] reflected as SHORTLISTED. I received a call from HR for first interview. Took the opportunity to enquire on the recruitment and interview process. HR advised that depending on the composition of the interview panel, a second interview maybe necessary.

22 November - Attended 1st Interview. Interview went well and was informed that the position would commence either January or February 2018. I presumed there were 2 positions available. Interview panel consisted of

- a Principal (xxx Primary School)
- a Vice Principal (xxx Secondary School)
- a different HR staff

23 November - The following day, HR asked for more information on past employment and I was advised to wait a further two to three weeks.

Two weeks of no news.

14 December - HR called to enquire on last salary drawn, AWS, PB details from my last employment.

Based on the above, please share your thoughts...

- Was an interim decision made (to-hire-who-for-which-school) right after the first interview? There were 3 other candidates before me during the first interview.
- During the two weeks of no news, HR was conducting the various checks?
- Will HR advise if I am unsuccessful?
- What are my chances of securing the job?

I have to say, the HR staff from MOE has been most courteous, patient and professional throughout our correspondence.

Thank you for reading.

Usually if rejected the bot will auto send a rejection email. I suggest you not try to make wild speculations on what is happening behind the scenes - no way to verify and just ownself make ownself panic for no reason.

I think you have a chance, but not a high one. Main issue is admin manager this sort of level really isn't what someone with 18 years of experience should be applying for. This is pretty much an entry level position for degrees ~2 years exp and those with diploma ~5 years exp.

Maybe you have other priorities in life and don't mind taking up a much lower level position and pay, but sometimes the supervisor will be quite concern and turn off as he/she don't really know why you want to take up such a job and whether you are just using them as spare tyre and will run off the moment you secure another job more reflective of your level.

Just continue do what you are doing. No need to get so hung up as out of your control anyway.

KPO 23-12-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103304)
Usually if rejected the bot will auto send a rejection email. I suggest you not try to make wild speculations on what is happening behind the scenes - no way to verify and just ownself make ownself panic for no reason.

I think you have a chance, but not a high one. Main issue is admin manager this sort of level really isn't what someone with 18 years of experience should be applying for. This is pretty much an entry level position for degrees ~2 years exp and those with diploma ~5 years exp.

Maybe you have other priorities in life and don't mind taking up a much lower level position and pay, but sometimes the supervisor will be quite concern and turn off as he/she don't really know why you want to take up such a job and whether you are just using them as spare tyre and will run off the moment you secure another job more reflective of your level.

Just continue do what you are doing. No need to get so hung up as out of your control anyway.

Thank you for your reply...

And for most part of what you've said, you were actually quite right...truth is, I no longer desire to be in senior management. I am happy to share my past experiences and contribute at a lower level.

I did subtly convey the above message and my desire to make MOE my last career stop during the interview...as for the wait, you are right too, no need to get overly hung up about it.

I just needed to hear that from someone...thank you.

Unregistered 23-12-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103306)
Thank you for your reply...

And for most part of what you've said, you were actually quite right...truth is, I no longer desire to be in senior management. I am happy to share my past experiences and contribute at a lower level.

I did subtly convey the above message and my desire to make MOE my last career stop during the interview...as for the wait, you are right too, no need to get overly hung up about it.

I just needed to hear that from someone...thank you.

I can understand where you are coming from, but there is a big difference between not wanting to progress to senior management and actually applying for an entry level job.

TBH if I'm the hirer I will also be suspicious of your motivations. Are you here to just pass time while waiting for a proper offer? Are you here just to slack by choosing work that is obviously way below what you can do? Did you not progress outside and learn anything that's why need to start from basic admin? etc. You get the idea.

Anyway nothing much to do except wait. But more importantly my advice going forward is if you want to find a slow moving, relaxing, work life balance, less stress job, it's OK to apply for jobs in civil service that are a bit lower than your exp (maybe around AD level), but to jump all the way back to entry level admin will make you over qualified and ironically lower your chances of getting the offer.

My 2c.

KPO 24-12-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103307)
I can understand where you are coming from, but there is a big difference between not wanting to progress to senior management and actually applying for an entry level job.

TBH if I'm the hirer I will also be suspicious of your motivations. Are you here to just pass time while waiting for a proper offer? Are you here just to slack by choosing work that is obviously way below what you can do? Did you not progress outside and learn anything that's why need to start from basic admin? etc. You get the idea.

Anyway nothing much to do except wait. But more importantly my advice going forward is if you want to find a slow moving, relaxing, work life balance, less stress job, it's OK to apply for jobs in civil service that are a bit lower than your exp (maybe around AD level), but to jump all the way back to entry level admin will make you over qualified and ironically lower your chances of getting the offer.

My 2c.


You see...aside from the first 10 years with a different ministry....my last 8 years was in senior management roles within the non profit sector (was an Assistant Director, General Manager and Executive Director). HR did clarify that they could meet my last drawn...so in terms of salary, it must be at the ceiling cap if appointed. Not really entry level in terms of pay.

Job scope wise, I believe I can excel given my past experiences in senior management roles...I am known to be on the ball so slacking isn't in my vocabulary. I hope to improve on internal work processes and help the Principal run the school more efficiently, in terms of administration and operations, making life easier for the Principal and the teachers...so that the latter can focus more on their students....definitely not entry level mentality and a different perspective from yours, altogether.

:)

Unregistered 24-12-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103312)
You see...aside from the first 10 years with a different ministry....my last 8 years was in senior management roles within the non profit sector (was an Assistant Director, General Manager and Executive Director). HR did clarify that they could meet my last drawn...so in terms of salary, it must be at the ceiling cap if appointed. Not really entry level in terms of pay.

Job scope wise, I believe I can excel given my past experiences in senior management roles...I am known to be on the ball so slacking isn't in my vocabulary. I hope to improve on internal work processes and help the Principal run the school more efficiently, in terms of administration and operations, making life easier for the Principal and the teachers...so that the latter can focus more on their students....definitely not entry level mentality and a different perspective from yours, altogether.

:)

Admin manager in a school is a nice term for office executive in the private sector. If all these fancy career aspirations you describe are real, you are applying for the wrong job. As a pao ka liao administrator in the school, you are expected to follow SOP and perform standard office duties, not designing policy or strategy on how to support the school better.

Also I'm a bit puzzled that you said you have extensive experience at the senior management level and currently a GM and Executive Director but somehow HR say they can match your current pay. Very strange. How much are you drawing currently? I would think a GM/ED is at minimal somewhere 12-15k, no way can fit in even if it's at the cap.

GM should apply for DD and above in MOE, even if you want to take it somewhere lower I would think VP (administration) in the school is about the lowest you can go.

I've never heard of a GM/ED from another place apply for a school admin manager before... Not even as a retirement 'pass time' job...

Unregistered 24-12-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103312)
You see...aside from the first 10 years with a different ministry....my last 8 years was in senior management roles within the non profit sector (was an Assistant Director, General Manager and Executive Director). HR did clarify that they could meet my last drawn...so in terms of salary, it must be at the ceiling cap if appointed. Not really entry level in terms of pay.

Job scope wise, I believe I can excel given my past experiences in senior management roles...I am known to be on the ball so slacking isn't in my vocabulary. I hope to improve on internal work processes and help the Principal run the school more efficiently, in terms of administration and operations, making life easier for the Principal and the teachers...so that the latter can focus more on their students....definitely not entry level mentality and a different perspective from yours, altogether.

:)


Admin manager in a school is a nice term for office executive in the private sector. If all these fancy career aspirations you describe are real, you are applying for the wrong job. As a pao ka liao administrator in the school, you are expected to follow SOP and perform standard office duties, not designing policy or strategy on how to support the school better.

Also I'm a bit puzzled that you said you have extensive experience at the senior management level and currently a GM and Executive Director but somehow HR say they can match your current pay. Very strange. How much are you drawing currently? I would think a GM/ED is at minimal somewhere 12-15k, no way can fit in even if it's at the cap.

GM should apply for DD and above in MOE, even if you want to take it somewhere lower I would think VP (administration) in the school is about the lowest you can go.

I've never heard of a GM/ED from another place apply for a school admin manager before... Not even as a retirement 'pass time' job...

Unregistered 24-12-2017 03:52 PM

-delete post-

Unregistered 24-12-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103312)
You see...aside from the first 10 years with a different ministry....my last 8 years was in senior management roles within the non profit sector (was an Assistant Director, General Manager and Executive Director). HR did clarify that they could meet my last drawn...so in terms of salary, it must be at the ceiling cap if appointed. Not really entry level in terms of pay.

Job scope wise, I believe I can excel given my past experiences in senior management roles...I am known to be on the ball so slacking isn't in my vocabulary. I hope to improve on internal work processes and help the Principal run the school more efficiently, in terms of administration and operations, making life easier for the Principal and the teachers...so that the latter can focus more on their students....definitely not entry level mentality and a different perspective from yours, altogether.

AM is a nice term for office executive in the private sector. Base on your career aspirations, you are applying for the wrong job. AMs mostly follow SOP and perform general duties, nothing to do with designing policy or strategy on how to support the school better.

I'm puzzled that you have extensive experience at the senior management level and currently a GM and Executive Director but HR say they can match your last drawn. How much are you drawing currently? I would think a GM/ED is at minimal somewhere 12-15k, no way AM can fit in.

You should apply for DD or D in MOE, even if you want to take it somewhere lower I would think VP (admin) in the school is the lowest you can go.

I've never heard of a GM/ED apply for AM before... Not even as a retirement 'pass time' job...

KPO 24-12-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103322)
AM is a nice term for office executive in the private sector. Base on your career aspirations, you are applying for the wrong job. AMs mostly follow SOP and perform general duties, nothing to do with designing policy or strategy on how to support the school better.

I'm puzzled that you have extensive experience at the senior management level and currently a GM and Executive Director but HR say they can match your last drawn. How much are you drawing currently? I would think a GM/ED is at minimal somewhere 12-15k, no way AM can fit in.

You should apply for DD or D in MOE, even if you want to take it somewhere lower I would think VP (admin) in the school is the lowest you can go.

I've never heard of a GM/ED apply for AM before... Not even as a retirement 'pass time' job...


In our local non profit sector, no GM or ED's salary has ever hit 100K per annum...thanks to NKF...the highest I gotten was 7.5K. I took a pay cut of 1K for my last drawn.

Also, the AM post at MOE would be a foundation posting and since I am changing industry, I am happy to start somewhere, anywhere.

I am going to hit the big 50 in a couple of years time...how about some encouragement for me...I know you meant well...but trust me, its lonely at the top and when I look back at those times when I was a young officer, I really miss the camaraderie among staff level.

Unregistered 24-12-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103323)
In our local non profit sector, no GM or ED's salary has ever hit 100K per annum...thanks to NKF...the highest I gotten was 7.5K. I took a pay cut of 1K for my last drawn.

Also, the AM post at MOE would be a foundation posting and since I am changing industry, I am happy to start somewhere, anywhere.

I am going to hit the big 50 in a couple of years time...how about some encouragement for me...I know you meant well...but trust me, its lonely at the top and when I look back at those times when I was a young officer, I really miss the camaraderie among staff level.

Hi, my friend told me that for admin managers they usually want a female staff.. is it true?, are u a female?.. just curious..


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2