Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) - Page 20 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #191 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not true that all mangers are degree holder.. operations manager are also diploma.. i sign as OM 3-yr contract.. after 3 yrs god knows what happen, got 3 possibilities, either extend contract, emplaced to perm or become jobless.. reason i took up the job is becos will look good on my resume as i only use this as a stepping stone to a better job in future.. plus another reason i took up this post is near my house and the great working hours..
Hahaha.. true! Nice concept ! Stepping stone + great working hours !

What is the average pay scale for an OM ? OM - Considering which MX or MSO ?

Reply With Quote
  #192 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Operations manager considering manager ? diploma level also.
i thought most OM / Adjunct OM are not fresh diploma leh.. Still 2k - 2.3k ? i am guessing they would asked for 4k at least ?

Actually, anybody aware of OM/Adjunct OM pay scale here..
They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.

Reply With Quote
  #193 (permalink)  
Old 15-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.
You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

Reply With Quote
  #194 (permalink)  
Old 15-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.
Reply With Quote
  #195 (permalink)  
Old 15-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.
Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..
Reply With Quote
  #196 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..
Hopefully so, just to check if you got any idea about OM ceiling pay and highest grade ?

Usually started off at MX14. However, if not promoted, what're the progression grade can OM be at the highest ?
Reply With Quote

  #197 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..
That's great that at least, you're starting with the ceiling pay, rather than paycut.. Many that i am aware, most got paycut..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Editorial position miwashi Income and Jobs 8 24-02-2012 11:26 AM
how much can I ask for this position,thanks salseek Income and Jobs 13 20-08-2011 01:12 AM
Getting ahead on a mid career switch to teaching career_sg Education and Personal Growth 7 29-09-2010 11:23 AM
Montessori Teaching jobs-What do I ask for? katherine Income and Jobs 5 12-07-2010 05:52 PM
how much is the following position? salseek Income and Jobs 1 24-03-2010 03:15 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,826 Replies, 5,029,440 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 35,696 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,828 Replies, 3,553,122 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 23,159 Views
Career progression for warehouse...
4 Replies, 2,163 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
934 Replies, 773,179 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 680,586 Views
Civil Servant Year-End Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 5,806 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 3,312 Views
GIC-Working Culture ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 27,231 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
317 Replies, 245,916 Views
Data Science Landscape in SG
3 Replies, 850 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 68,678 Views
Advice Needed
0 Replies, 179 Views
Exxonmobil Commercial Track ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 7,544 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,578 Replies, 942,178 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,740 Replies, 795,464 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 40,027 Views
Finding a job and your salary
7 Replies, 755 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,925 Replies, 1,312,944 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
349 Replies, 156,428 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
790 Replies, 401,817 Views
New Job Offer that only match...
8 Replies, 700 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 112,517 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,811 Replies, 1,994,214 Views
Telcos in Singapore
0 Replies, 213 Views
How much pay cut should i take? ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,147 Views
HSBC Career ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 34,530 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2