Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   My Salary Advice (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1585-my-salary-advice.html)

paysucks 14-11-2011 11:29 AM

My Salary Advice

Gd Day People,

I Have a job offer from a German MNC , below are the details abt me and the co's offer, i'm not very sure with regards to the working culture in a german company, anyone has any advice with reards to the salary offered?

Job Role: Programmer
Current Job Experience: 3 years in development, 1 year in IT support
Company: German MNC
Current Salary:$2.7k
Salary Offered:$3.5k
Job Location:Singapore

Unregistered 14-11-2011 11:46 AM

you might get better response if you post this in the thread with more views
"how much you get paid per annum" thread.

Anyways, are you a degree holder? Singaporean? 3.5k seems abit low for 4 years exp. But your last drawn is only 2.7 thats why maybe they offer you 3.5. Firms tend to base of your last drawn

Quote:

Originally Posted by paysucks (Post 18050)
Gd Day People,

I Have a job offer from a German MNC , below are the details abt me and the co's offer, i'm not very sure with regards to the working culture in a german company, anyone has any advice with reards to the salary offered?

paysucks 14-11-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18052)
you might get better response if you post this in the thread with more views
"how much you get paid per annum" thread.

Anyways, are you a degree holder? Singaporean? 3.5k seems abit low for 4 years exp. But your last drawn is only 2.7 thats why maybe they offer you 3.5. Firms tend to base of your last drawn

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'm a Singaporean and a degree holder without honours,base on exp you can say i have 3 years in development and 1 yeasr in IT support although sums up to 4 years of working experience i would say the 3 years in development is justified as relevant working experience , so lets say if i have 3 years of dev experience is 3.5k considered low?

Unregistered 14-11-2011 12:43 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread.

My situation is about the same as yours with abt 3 years of software development + 2 years of IT support in a public listed local SME. I did a change from hardware to software development in my 3rd year of work. I'm 31 years old and drawing salary slightly above you and I'm a Diploma holder currently pursuing a IT degree.

Recently I'm approached by my ex-colleague who is working in a company which is of lower scale than my current company and is non-public listed. The reason why he approached me is because we worked together before in my current company and he knows that I have good working attitude, can work independently as well as team player.

Both companies are in the same industry and are located in the same town area. The good thing about this new company is everything can be developed from scratch but budget wise might be a constraint. This is not the case for my current SME company.

I was offered a package above $4k and I hesitated because of the lower scale + budget concern. Any bros out there can give advices on dealing with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

paysucks 14-11-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18055)
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread.

My situation is about the same as yours with abt 3 years of software development + 2 years of IT support in a public listed local SME. I did a change from hardware to software development in my 3rd year of work. I'm 31 years old and drawing salary slightly above you and I'm a Diploma holder currently pursuing a IT degree.

Recently I'm approached by my ex-colleague who is working in a company which is of lower scale than my current company and is non-public listed. The reason why he approached me is because we worked together before in my current company and he knows that I have good working attitude, can work independently as well as team player.

Both companies are in the same industry and are located in the same town area. The good thing about this new company is everything can be developed from scratch but budget wise might be a constraint. This is not the case for my current SME company.

I was offered a package above $4k and I hesitated because of the lower scale + budget concern. Any bros out there can give advices on dealing with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Hi bro,

i think considering the 3 years exp you have and ur current qualification, i think 4 k sounds reasonable to me,lower scale + budget might mean that salary increment or bonuses might not be too gd i guess.Just my 2cents worth

Unregistered 14-11-2011 02:10 PM

Well, your friend who just posted here is a diploma holder and got offered above 4k. 3.5k seems to be on the low side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paysucks (Post 18053)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'm a Singaporean and a degree holder without honours,base on exp you can say i have 3 years in development and 1 yeasr in IT support although sums up to 4 years of working experience i would say the 3 years in development is justified as relevant working experience , so lets say if i have 3 years of dev experience is 3.5k considered low?

Bean 14-11-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Gd Day People,

u male or female
degree or poly?

Bean 14-11-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paysucks (Post 18053)
Hi,

a degree holder with 4 years exp.....you female ah??

Unregistered 14-11-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Gd Day People,

German MNC means caucasian culture with lots of angmos. So they are very open with work attitudes, and not micro.
They give credit where it is due, so expect the converse situation will be true as well.
Otherwise, working environment should be better than local firms.
Salary is mostly benchmarked to your previous job, that's why you must jump ship every few years, in order to upscale yourself.

paysucks 14-11-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 18059)
a degree holder with 4 years exp.....you female ah??

Hi Bean,

I'm male .