Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working culture @ IDA (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1576-working-culture-infocomm-development-authority-singapore.html)

Unregistered 09-11-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17865)
Entry Senior Manager (non technical) is about 80k plus, similar to an IDA Senior Consultant (technical). More experienced Senior Manager can command 90k plus - about 100k.

That's low. No wonder everyone wants to get into banking and finance. Snr IT Mgr in a global bank can make at least 50% more.

IDA should start pegging salaries to top 6 earners, or whatever formula the ministers are using. Otherwise it's not fair, and people will up stakes and leave to join banks. (Sounds familiar?)

Unregistered 09-11-2011 11:20 PM

1 grade below senior manager/senior consultant would be 85k +/- 5k pa. of course this is about the median and expect some higher or lower.

average performing senior should have no problem with 95-100k pa. difference between an average performer and good performer can be as much as 20% more pa due to bonus (1-2mths more). and of course good performer would have maybe 6% increment whilst average 4%.

a few years back the ceiling of senior is 8.9k pm. this window moves every year and the overlap between grades is ~20-25%. a higher ranging senior could make more than a entry level ad on a monthly basis.

the salary range in ida is quite transparent. the range is clearly indicated in the offer letter and every year's increment letter for your own grade.

Unregistered 10-11-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17898)
1 grade below senior manager/senior consultant would be 85k +/- 5k pa. of course this is about the median and expect some higher or lower.

average performing senior should have no problem with 95-100k pa. difference between an average performer and good performer can be as much as 20% more pa due to bonus (1-2mths more). and of course good performer would have maybe 6% increment whilst average 4%.

a few years back the ceiling of senior is 8.9k pm. this window moves every year and the overlap between grades is ~20-25%. a higher ranging senior could make more than a entry level ad on a monthly basis.

the salary range in ida is quite transparent. the range is clearly indicated in the offer letter and every year's increment letter for your own grade.

Just curious, what is the salary range for AD, DD and Director?

Unregistered 21-02-2012 09:02 PM

Does anyone know the number of years required for the role of assistant manager or manager in IDA?

Unregistered 22-02-2012 11:47 PM

Salary grade

Does anyone know the salary grade of the following titles in IDA?

Assistant Manager

Manager/Consultant

Senior Manager/Senior Consultant

Assistant Director

Deputy Director

Director

Unregistered 04-12-2012 03:01 PM

IDA Infocomm Talent Portal to get a rough idea of the pay range ;-)

wern 05-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21156)
Does anyone know the number of years required for the role of assistant manager or manager in IDA?

From the hierarchy above my guess is that Fresh Grads join as Asst Manager position in IDA.

This obviously is just a pointless title. I know for a fact that even MND calls their fresh recruits Asst Director (when obviously its just an entry position).

Unregistered 05-12-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 31259)
From the hierarchy above my guess is that Fresh Grads join as Asst Manager position in IDA.

This obviously is just a pointless title. I know for a fact that even MND calls their fresh recruits Asst Director (when obviously its just an entry position).

Agree

My understanding is that in most ministries now only Dy Director or Director is considered as a manager internally.

Unregistered 05-12-2012 02:57 PM

fresh grad join as manager, sounds like a joke to me.. lame ass titles..

Unregistered 05-12-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31264)
fresh grad join as manager, sounds like a joke to me.. lame ass titles..

not as bad as financial instituiton, almost everyone who work for a few years is a vice president