Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   NUS post graduate starting salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1560-national-university-singapore-post-graduate-starting-salary.html)

priyanshu90 16-10-2011 11:49 PM

NUS post graduate starting salary

hello,
i am a bachelor of technology in Information technology from india.
i am basically a software application developer having 6 months experience.
i will be pursuing M.Tech in software engineering from Institute of system Science, NUS starting january 2012.
needed to know prospects and an expected salary i would be getting after passing out.

Unregistered 17-10-2011 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priyanshu90 (Post 17268)
hello,
i am a bachelor of technology in Information technology from india.
i am basically a software application developer having 6 months experience.
i will be pursuing M.Tech in software engineering from Institute of system Science, NUS starting january 2012.
needed to know prospects and an expected salary i would be getting after passing out.

prospects are good. get into a bank. most banks here are run by indians. at least 4k starting pay.

Bean 17-10-2011 12:13 PM

Please serve NS then talk please.
Thank you.

Unregistered 17-10-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 17276)
Please serve NS then talk please.
Thank you.

NS is for citizens only. We also get bullied and laughed at by foreigners.

This is not my country anymore.

Scuffle breaks out at Bedok Jetty

Unregistered 18-10-2011 08:04 AM

hi

Dont worry about these losers and jealous people. They cant make it so whine against foreigners, particularly when people are from india, china, philippines, etc.

If u are getting financial assitance for the program, its great. Otherwise too , no harm studying n learning stuff.

Lucrative Jobs in IT are short in numbers. But getting somethign decent is not difficult. Actually, u mite get a better job back in India itself after graduation.

Go ahead n study. Dont ask for advice from people here. Trust ur instinct n go ahead with ur plans.

Chidambaram 18-10-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17296)
Dont worry about these losers and jealous people. They cant make it so whine against foreigners, particularly when people are from india, china, philippines, etc.

If u are getting financial assitance for the program, its great. Otherwise too , no harm studying n learning stuff.

Lucrative Jobs in IT are short in numbers. But getting somethign decent is not difficult. Actually, u mite get a better job back in India itself after graduation.

Go ahead n study. Dont ask for advice from people here. Trust ur instinct n go ahead with ur plans.

Even getting something decent here is becoming difficult now with all the new comers. I am moving to Bangalore, things are really promising there, just find myself a great job there and moving back with my family soon.

Unregistered 18-10-2011 08:55 PM

thanks for going back to india... and please dun come back here again.

Unregistered 19-10-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17345)
thanks for going back to india... and please dun come back here again.

why are you so unfriendly?

the number of people in india's smartest 1% is greater than the population of the entire sinkapour.

Unregistered 19-10-2011 11:00 AM

He is being unfriendly bcus he blames foreigners for his incompetence. He knows that if there are less foreigners, he can probably have a life without slogging much. He can get away with his lack of talent.

But, the truth is that the way Singapore is, people will come and go. The exceptional ones will leave for better places, some may return to their homelands, and the middle ones will stick around to vex these people.

The OP is coming to study. There is no harm in that since NUS postgrads are mostly foreigners. Singaporeans who can do PG either chose to work or go abroad. The rest are not capable to they whine about not being given opportunities.

With growing options elsewhere, I recommend the OP to study n not worry a lot abt job. Its not that difficult to manage some kinda job to hang around if one is desperate to be in Singapore.

Unregistered 19-10-2011 12:37 PM

Even FT and fighting FT

Nowsaday, the foreigners in Singapore are fighting against each other for positions. Many finding it difficult, especially rent, transport, etc are thinking of heading back.

Going down to Mustaffa recently, they started employing mainland chinese. Just an example that as long as you are willing to accept a lower pay, you will get a job, doesn't matter if you are Singapore, Indian, Pinoy or mainland chinese, etc.

Those towkays can tell you business is bad so they need to lower cost but next thing, you will find he has a new car, invest in a new condo, etc.