Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Credit Control officer (Citibank) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1559-credit-control-officer-citibank.html)

tianzui 16-10-2011 01:24 PM

Credit Control officer (Citibank)

Hello everyone, am new here. Am trying to apply a job as a credit control officer in citibank, hence would like to know what's e salary like. Been trying to search it on e web, but yield no results :(

Anyone here has any idea about it? TIA.

tianzui 16-10-2011 05:43 PM

anyone????

Unregistered 16-10-2011 09:57 PM

since you are only applying for the job at the moment and not reaching the final stages of neg with HR on your pay, I advise you to just go ahead and apply.

I am saying this because by normal application without referrals, there would be many others applying for the same job as you.

If you are a fresh grad, it also depends which uni you are from. But as fresh grad, you can ask for about $3k for this position.

Of course, if you are a local Uni, maybe $3.2k. But if foreign Uni (corresponding uni), $2.8k is also good.

Do you have other relevant experience?

Give this post few more days and you might be hearing more inputs.

tianzui 16-10-2011 11:33 PM

Thx for e reply.

I had already applied for e job n due for a 2nd round interview, sorry for not stating it clearly :)

Unregistered 18-10-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tianzui (Post 17246)
Hello everyone, am new here. Am trying to apply a job as a credit control officer in citibank, hence would like to know what's e salary like. Been trying to search it on e web, but yield no results :(

Anyone here has any idea about it? TIA.

You can state $3.4k as expected salary, usually the HR will reduce by a few hundred dollars form what you ask.

tiki 17-09-2012 09:36 PM

career progression?

hi everyone,

i'm an environmental engineering graduate who is interested in working in the financial sector because my major (environmental) is not hiring many people.

may i ask what is the career progression like for a credit control officer? especially so for someone like me with an engineering degree with no business and banking background and what are the steps i can take to help further my career in this sector (i know MBA is one of the options but would like to hear more about it and any other possible options i do not know about)

thanks in advance!

Unregistered 17-09-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiki (Post 28334)
hi everyone,

i'm an environmental engineering graduate who is interested in working in the financial sector because my major (environmental) is not hiring many people.

may i ask what is the career progression like for a credit control officer? especially so for someone like me with an engineering degree with no business and banking background and what are the steps i can take to help further my career in this sector (i know MBA is one of the options but would like to hear more about it and any other possible options i do not know about)

thanks in advance!

credit control is just a ops based bo job without much future, treat it as job to get first step in the bank. after that is up to you to develop your network and political skills to move to whatever high paying position

Unregistered 17-09-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28337)
credit control is just a ops based bo job without much future, treat it as job to get first step in the bank. after that is up to you to develop your network and political skills to move to whatever high paying position

ohh, ic.. thanks for the heads up.. maybe i should continue looking around for other jobs then..

now civil service 3rd class honors dun even call up for interview.. i wonder how the government will create enough jobs in the future when they increase the number of fresh graduates... this is madness..

Unregistered 17-09-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28341)
ohh, ic.. thanks for the heads up.. maybe i should continue looking around for other jobs then..

now civil service 3rd class honors dun even call up for interview.. i wonder how the government will create enough jobs in the future when they increase the number of fresh graduates... this is madness..

be a dishwasher at sakae sushi.

poor and stupid 18-09-2012 10:55 AM

If i can get that job i will go sch of Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and laugh at all those students lolx