Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Restructured hospital salaries (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1516-restructured-hospital-salaries.html)

Unregistered 18-04-2016 03:12 PM

How much does an Admin Director earn and what are the benefits?

Just curious about how much does an admin director earn in a restructured hospital

Unregistered 18-04-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83898)
Just curious about how much does an admin director earn in a restructured hospital

Depends on the size of the department. Small department 20-25k, large departments can exceed 30k.

Unregistered 20-04-2016 01:55 PM

you sure or not? I heard that the pay is tied to the job grade. Most pay just above $10K. Don't think they touch $20K.

What is the job grade for Admin Directors?

Unregistered 23-04-2016 05:09 PM

You are right. The directors don't earn $20K to $30K unless they are from medical side. Admin Directors earn $10K to $18K. Bonus wise, overall slightly below civil service or about the same. I think medical benefits better than civil service.

Unregistered 23-04-2016 06:23 PM

Admin Directors got many kind and different job grades. The lower level ones are 15-20k, the more senior ones heading important departments can go above 20k.

Unregistered 15-06-2016 09:13 PM

Can anyone share the salary range for a senior manager in an admin function? Tks

troubledplshelp 21-04-2017 08:39 PM

SGH research coordinator

Hi everyone,

I graduated from a local U and got a job offer by SGH for clinical research coordinator. I heard the turnover rate is very high and they offered me

2.8k for second upper class Hons (honestly I think I'm underpaid)

Was wondering what is the career progression and paygrade like? Why are so many people quitting this job? Does it suck so badly?

Unregistered 21-04-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubledplshelp (Post 96851)
Hi everyone,

I graduated from a local U and got a job offer by SGH for clinical research coordinator. I heard the turnover rate is very high and they offered me

Was wondering what is the career progression and paygrade like? Why are so many people quitting this job? Does it suck so badly?

Market is very bad now, if you have no other offers can take up first and continue the job search.

Unregistered 23-04-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubledplshelp (Post 96851)
Hi everyone,

Last I heard there is an unspoken guideline in healthcare that you need at least 3 years of service to be even considered for promotion. Of course during town hall when people ask about this, they will give you politically correct responses like " 3 years is just a guideline, it depends on your performance if you are good you will be considered blah blah.."

In the past was 2 years, recently they changed it to 3 years. Anyone with more info can add on. Slowly farm ba.

Unregistered 23-04-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70573)
The problem with RH especially the admin & support side is that those who are good, come in shake their head in disgust & leave in a short while. Those left are the CMI who cannot get anything outside and become vicious cycle. Lousy environment attract lousy people and productivity and work level keep dropping.

Of course the higher ups just blame everything on tough manpower market, pay not good, cannot go for extreme profits like pte sector, but I think the main thing is more really lousy leadership.

Agree wholeheartedlywith this assessment. Was with a 'new' RH for 2 years. Dreaded going to work every single day.

A lot also depend on your direct boss. If you kena one like mine who is temperamental and constantly giving cryptic instructions, life will be damn miserable.