Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Restructured hospital salaries (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1516-restructured-hospital-salaries.html)

darkstar 22-01-2014 08:29 AM

I got close to 4 years of program and course administration as planner from private sector SMEs.

Normal pass degree, non-local uni.
male with NS

Let say if I join Singhealth as an executive in one of Singapore's hospitals, like SGH, or NUH

How much will I be:
-paid per month?
-paid per annum?
-Potental increment
-Annual bonuses

What will be my entry grade?

my current annual salary = $37920

joey 22-06-2014 07:31 PM

Hmm..if ive 1 year of exp, how much can i ask for if i apply for an executive post in a public hospital. Currently drawing 2580 a month. Can anyone advise on their annual increment and average bonus per yr?

Really lost at the moment. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated..

Unregistered 25-07-2014 03:57 PM

To reply a really dated question on RH, bonus is 2-3 months, and AWS. Bonus is however paid out seperately (Apr, July, Dec (AWS).

If you are good career progression can be really quick. There are a few high fliers who get promoted every year. However, benefits are poor in the company.

Exec post in public hospital you can ask for 2.8-3k. And also depends if your one year experience is relevant or applicable to the post you are applying for.

Unregistered 24-07-2015 12:21 PM

sharing of experience

Reviving the thread.

Had my first experience at at a RH and it was tough..real tough. Peers from other departments are not receptive as we have to work cross department. Lots of power struggle as all the leaders and HODs trying to move up, which creates silos and protectionism. Overall mood was chaotic and constant change of direction from the top/HODs. Understand it's transitioning (hospital a bit less well established) but very worried that this is the norm as silos everywhere. Thinking of leaving (either joining a more established hospital) or going back to previously field (more technical).

Any thoughts? Would another hospital be different? Bros and sis here kind to share your experience working (and staying) in RH? Understand that the RHs are hiring many people with non-healthcare background to run the operations (lack of talents and the shrinking of the banking and engineering pie for locals esp with the FTs, pushing many from these sectors esp the locals to the booming healthcare space), and the RS, from what I have seen at the middle and upper management level pretty much prefer locals (even with little or no healthcare experience)

Unregistered 25-07-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70483)
Reviving the thread.

Had my first experience at at a RH and it was tough..real tough. Peers from other departments are not receptive as we have to work cross department. Lots of power struggle as all the leaders and HODs trying to move up, which creates silos and protectionism. Overall mood was chaotic and constant change of direction from the top/HODs. Understand it's transitioning (hospital a bit less well established) but very worried that this is the norm as silos everywhere. Thinking of leaving (either joining a more established hospital) or going back to previously field (more technical).

Any thoughts? Would another hospital be different? Bros and sis here kind to share your experience working (and staying) in RH? Understand that the RHs are hiring many people with non-healthcare background to run the operations (lack of talents and the shrinking of the banking and engineering pie for locals esp with the FTs, pushing many from these sectors esp the locals to the booming healthcare space), and the RS, from what I have seen at the middle and upper management level pretty much prefer locals (even with little or no healthcare experience)

The problem with RH especially the admin & support side is that those who are good, come in shake their head in disgust & leave in a short while. Those left are the CMI who cannot get anything outside and become vicious cycle. Lousy environment attract lousy people and productivity and work level keep dropping.

Of course the higher ups just blame everything on tough manpower market, pay not good, cannot go for extreme profits like pte sector, but I think the main thing is more really lousy leadership.

Unregistered 26-07-2015 10:38 PM

Thanks for the opinion. The turnover in healthcare admin/ops do seem higher than usual as people tend not to stay over 2 - 3 years. The reason many joined at the admin side (I was told) is it's a field that will always be in demand. Some were layoffs from banking/manufacturing etc who ran operations.

Guess the availability of the talent pool cannot keep up with the rate of expansion of the healthcare infrastructure, that's why they have to settle for second rate leadership?

Vsen 06-12-2015 08:21 PM

Body Test Xanax

Xanax Menstrual Cramp Relief Mixing Adderall And Klonopin Snorting Xanax Lexapro Or Xanax [url=://.netvibes.com/xanax2mg ]buy alprazolam no prescription[/. Xanax Quad Bars Cns Depressant Percocet Xanax Combination Xanax U94 Xanax And Enlarged Prostate . Does Xanax Cause Weight Loss Narrow Angle Glaucoma Alprazolam Cheap Xanax . Cause Anxiety Xanax Overdose Symptoms Haldol Xanax Interactions Xanax Bad For You Severe Anxiety Xanax Relapse Depression Alprazolam Shelf Life Xanax Bars Xanax Online Pictures

goaswind 18-01-2016 10:13 PM

Graduated from Australia university in 2008 Dec can't find a proper job till I landed myself in a restructured hospital in Aug 2009.

Aug 2009: $2640
Aug 2010: $2894 (promotion + AI)
Aug 2011: $3027 (AI)
Aug 2012: $3437 (AI + salary adjustment)
Aug 2013: $4167 (Promotion+ salary adjustment+AI)
Aug 2014: $4600 (change to private hospital)
Aug 2015: $5163 (Promotion + AI)
Now: $5320

Headhunted by another hospital for :$6500

Unregistered 19-01-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goaswind (Post 78309)
Graduated from Australia university in 2008 Dec can't find a proper job till I landed myself in a restructured hospital in Aug 2009.

Aug 2009: $2640
Aug 2010: $2894 (promotion + AI)
Aug 2011: $3027 (AI)
Aug 2012: $3437 (AI + salary adjustment)
Aug 2013: $4167 (Promotion+ salary adjustment+AI)
Aug 2014: $4600 (change to private hospital)
Aug 2015: $5163 (Promotion + AI)
Now: $5320

Headhunted by another hospital for :$6500

May I know wats your appmt at $6500? Snr Mgr grade?

goaswind 19-01-2016 07:21 PM

Still manager