Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Research Exec - market research (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1510-research-exec-market-research.html)

HideSpore 13-09-2011 02:51 PM

Research Exec - market research

Hello guys,

I am looking for a new position and several agencies asked me what do I expect for my monthly salary.

Profile is:
Master's degree from a business school in Europe
2 years experience in a small agency

Could you tell me circa how much can I ask with this background?

Thanks a lot

madgoat 13-09-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HideSpore (Post 16262)
Hello guys,

I am looking for a new position and several agencies asked me what do I expect for my monthly salary.

Profile is:
Master's degree from a business school in Europe
2 years experience in a small agency

Could you tell me circa how much can I ask with this background?

Thanks a lot

What sort of research do you intend to do? If it is highly specialized technical research in a high tech or pharmaceutical company, the pay will vary substantially depending on exact nature of work. Of course the often hyped up banking & investment analyst work is a different ball game altogether.

If it's normal market research like competition, economic landscape, labor trends etc., it should be around 3k per month since you have a little prior experience.

Unregistered 14-09-2011 01:24 PM

For big market research companies like Nielsen, TNS, Synovate etc...
2 years experience probably you can ask for 2.6-2.8k.
Some of the smaller agencies pay slightly better.

Unregistered 27-08-2012 12:18 AM

What is a typical salary range for a director position ( of the research team, not the company)? It seems like it's a ceiling already.

Unregistered 27-08-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27761)
What is a typical salary range for a director position ( of the research team, not the company)? It seems like it's a ceiling already.

5-10k. It really depends on many factors.

Unregistered 27-08-2012 08:20 PM

That is a wide range... I was beginning to question if it's worth it to slog in the MR industry..

poor and stupid 29-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27780)
That is a wide range... I was beginning to question if it's worth it to slog in the MR industry..

Seriously, "marketing research" is one of the most subjective job scope ever, pay range of cos is super subjective from 1k to 30k (see recent news). Usually if you are not connected to the owner, they will just pay you as a general dip/deg holder lor since "MR" is almost like gambling.... those that are super duper paid are usually connected to the owners.

Unregistered 02-09-2012 01:56 AM

What do you mean by connected to the owners? Why is it gambling? Do you mean paying for research has no guarantee that it will help therefore it's akin to gambling?

poor and stupid 03-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27894)
What do you mean by connected to the owners? Why is it gambling? Do you mean paying for research has no guarantee that it will help therefore it's akin to gambling?

with all due respect to the MR industry, yes, i mean it does not have a guarantee profit, which is to say, all research jobs are the same. It is not measurable between differences. And as it is a non-technical job, any auntie "can" (not qualify) be placed in that job. What the MR can do, is to minimize risk and abolish "stupid" ideas.

Unregistered 12-09-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27780)

Not worth it. Unless you're at client side.