Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 974 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9731 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I understand it is hard for you to earn money, but please don't scream at your new associate as they come from good family and can find job in other companies easily
I think most ppl not happy is b4 keep hiring non locals and dilute the quality, both accountancy degree and job prospect etc.

Reply With Quote
  #9732 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I understand it is hard for you to earn money, but please don't scream at your new associate as they come from good family and can find job in other companies easily
"can find a job easily"

*works in big 4*

Lolololol

Reply With Quote
  #9733 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 07:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think most ppl not happy is b4 keep hiring non locals and dilute the quality, both accountancy degree and job prospect etc.
There is no benefit to the firm to hire non locals because they pay them CPF as well in cash.

They have no choice, canít get enough locals to join.

Reply With Quote
  #9734 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 07:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no benefit to the firm to hire non locals because they pay them CPF as well in cash.

They have no choice, canít get enough locals to join.
They just hire anyone lo. Gpa 2 plus non local also get. Audit now is a sad profession.
Reply With Quote
  #9735 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 08:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They just hire anyone lo. Gpa 2 plus non local also get. Audit now is a sad profession.
What to do? Itís not like first class honors gpa 4.76 is lining up to join
Reply With Quote
  #9736 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What to do? Itís not like first class honors gpa 4.76 is lining up to join
pass degree beats fch nowadays. Stop being a nerd
Reply With Quote

  #9737 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 10:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys, I am a Senior Year 2 in big4 audit. My experience below
- NTU First Class Honours BAcc
- some managers and partner indirectly asked me if I do see myself becoming a partner in future
- Having 2 DSIB bank engagements for upcoming peak
- Consistently rated high performer from A1 till now
- Often participated in networking sessions
- Offered opportunity to work in the US
- Average knock off time during off peak: 830pm
- Average knock off time during peak: 230am
- CA (SG) holder

Do you guys think I am on the high potential to be partner list?
Reply With Quote
  #9738 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 10:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It doesnít start until you reach first year as manager.
Reply With Quote
  #9739 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2022, 08:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I am a Senior Year 2 in big4 audit. My experience below
- NTU First Class Honours BAcc
- some managers and partner indirectly asked me if I do see myself becoming a partner in future
- Having 2 DSIB bank engagements for upcoming peak
- Consistently rated high performer from A1 till now
- Often participated in networking sessions
- Offered opportunity to work in the US
- Average knock off time during off peak: 830pm
- Average knock off time during peak: 230am
- CA (SG) holder

Do you guys think I am on the high potential to be partner list?
2nd upper, cpa, sctp. AM.
U dun need to be high performer or qualified to be promoted.
U just need to stay till u give up ur early life.
Choose job that benefit u.
Screw those or prevent highly competitive colleagues to steal ur chance
When u have the chance to take part in hiring process, dont let good candidates get the job.
Relationship and politics > performance.
Softskill > technical skills
U should think how you can build a good team instead of just having a dream that benefiting urself.
Managers ask u.. u lucky to have good managers. But once u are there, they become rival.
Reply With Quote
  #9740 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It doesnít start until you reach first year as manager.
Not sure if things changed, during my time I heard itís not until you approach Senior Manager before people are even assessed for Partnership. All the talk about partners route for staff level is just rumours / wishful thinking by the kids.

Good to dream big, but SA2 thinking about partnership is really too premature lah.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 34,803 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,034 Replies, 2,801,551 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,570 Replies, 5,665,691 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,832 Replies, 926,405 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,678 Replies, 1,420,860 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,255 Replies, 1,065,180 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
648 Replies, 205,664 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,056 Replies, 4,479,520 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
476 Replies, 233,531 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
529 Replies, 319,271 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,524 Replies, 1,208,510 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 237,491 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 540,636 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,851 Replies, 7,994,110 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 117,711 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 14,019 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 207 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 84,104 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,315,654 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,751 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,028,272 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,552 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,611,639 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,951 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 410,450 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 204 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,943 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 273,540 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,912 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2