Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2020 07:22 PM

Lol dont be triggered you little runt.

I admit the earlier poster who said that big four consulting isnt real consulting might have sounded a little ignorant but still... There is no reason to get so worked up over it.

To be honest, mbb are starting to pick up on the implementation bits as well so they arent just doing strategy anymore.

Whereas the big four are doing the same. Moving into strategy by first acquiring tier 2 firms. Its just a matter of time before the big four gets onto a similar playing field as the mbb.

FATFMember 20-06-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138985)
How about ey parthenon, strategy&, and monitor deloitte? How are they viewed? I’m from Local uni final year and there have been instances past/current graduates have been able to enter one of these firms. Either thru internship or full time offer.

Also, mbb is doing alot more implementation now. Why else would a “mckinsey implementation” track be created?

I don't really know anyone from these acquired strategy houses but based on what I have seen so far, they operate quite independently from the rest of the business lines. Perhaps the most important thing to look out for is the kind of projects they are involved in - you might join the "best" firm in terms of culture or benefits but if you don't get the kind of work you are interested in then it might not make much sense.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATFMember (Post 139048)
I don't really know anyone from these acquired strategy houses but based on what I have seen so far, they operate quite independently from the rest of the business lines. Perhaps the most important thing to look out for is the kind of projects they are involved in - you might join the "best" firm in terms of culture or benefits but if you don't get the kind of work you are interested in then it might not make much sense.

Agreed, provided we have the pick of the litter. Most graduates hope to get one offer from these firms, only a select few have >2 offers and if that's the case, usually MBB takes precedent.

Unregistered 22-06-2020 08:58 PM

big4 advisory pay is so pathetic

3.5k-4k with no AWS

how to have dignity when consult other companies

Unregistered 22-06-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139325)
big4 advisory pay is so pathetic

3.5k-4k with no AWS

how to have dignity when consult other companies

What to do? The companies consulting big4 (ie doing real work) starting pay less than 3k.

Already a wonder a leech is paid more than the host?

Unregistered 23-06-2020 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139337)
What to do? The companies consulting big4 (ie doing real work) starting pay less than 3k.

Already a wonder a leech is paid more than the host?

LOL huh......

Unregistered 23-06-2020 08:35 AM

Honestly, I miss working in the Big 4! Best colleagues around.

Unregistered 23-06-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139361)
Honestly, I miss working in the Big 4! Best colleagues around.

Same, miss all the drinking and after party which get to touch touch

Unregistered 23-06-2020 10:17 AM

how much is the annual bonuses at big4 usually?

Unregistered 23-06-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139369)
how much is the annual bonuses at big4 usually?

1-3 months