Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 919 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9181 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2022, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fake news as I’m in corp tax myself at PWC.
No way EY is number 1. Slave driver and OT culture is so ingrained over there.
Which firm are you from?

See revised list below:

1. PWC - best culture hands down.
2. KPMG - best pay and learning environment.
3. Deloitte - strong brand with supportive mentors.
4. EY - slave driver and sees OT as the norm.
Swap Deloitte and EY around. At least EY pays well. Deloitte books you for more than 3 jobs at once. Low bonus low basic. Deloitte SG really no match. Source was from Deloitte to EY now KPMG.

Reply With Quote
  #9182 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 01:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Yellow associate advisory

Offered 4.5k for yellow advisory. What's the career trajectory like?

Reply With Quote
  #9183 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Offered 4.5k for yellow advisory. What's the career trajectory like?
What position and where were you from?
Will you be dropping rank?

Different for everyone’s situation.

Reply With Quote
  #9184 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Swap Deloitte and EY around. At least EY pays well. Deloitte books you for more than 3 jobs at once. Low bonus low basic. Deloitte SG really no match. Source was from Deloitte to EY now KPMG.
Deloitte has the strongest brand bro.

What does EY have? Lowballing culture? Even MNCs know EY is not considered on par with the other Big 4s when they hire, consider that for your exit plan too.
Reply With Quote
  #9185 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 01:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What position and where were you from?
Will you be dropping rank?

Different for everyone’s situation.
Hi, this was a fresh grad offer. I'll be joining in 2023. Not sure if other
advisory associates received the same offer. It should be standardised
Across the same business function, right?
Reply With Quote
  #9186 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Deloitte has the strongest brand bro.

What does EY have? Lowballing culture? Even MNCs know EY is not considered on par with the other Big 4s when they hire, consider that for your exit plan too.
Pls from my personal exp and my friends exp, Deloitte is will really low ball you if you go over. Their IT recruiter will only offer you same grade or lower if you jump from other big 4. EY don't do that.

Do you even use linkedin when you say that MNC know EY is not considered on par with other Big 4s. They are hiring the most out of EY fyi.
Reply With Quote

  #9187 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Deloitte has the strongest brand bro.

What does EY have? Lowballing culture? Even MNCs know EY is not considered on par with the other Big 4s when they hire, consider that for your exit plan too.
Dont understand your hatred towards EY. U sound so bias and are you still in the big 4 industry lol? Since when MNCs think that way? You are clearly out of touch or just purely hating on that one firm out of all.
Reply With Quote
  #9188 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, this was a fresh grad offer. I'll be joining in 2023. Not sure if other
advisory associates received the same offer. It should be standardised
Across the same business function, right?
Sounds good if you are a fresh grad.

If otherwise, smells fishy.
Reply With Quote
  #9189 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Pls from my personal exp and my friends exp, Deloitte is will really low ball you if you go over. Their IT recruiter will only offer you same grade or lower if you jump from other big 4. EY don't do that.

Do you even use linkedin when you say that MNC know EY is not considered on par with other Big 4s. They are hiring the most out of EY fyi.
What is IT recruiter?
Reply With Quote
  #9190 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont understand your hatred towards EY. U sound so bias and are you still in the big 4 industry lol? Since when MNCs think that way? You are clearly out of touch or just purely hating on that one firm out of all.
me too. now i'm in one of the other big 4 now and i always talk about horrendous culture and very kiam siap employee welfare in yellow
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,408 Replies, 7,551,286 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,584 Replies, 1,298,302 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,753 Replies, 2,315,971 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,679 Replies, 3,155,680 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,490 Replies, 2,245,830 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,766 Replies, 3,455,319 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,645 Replies, 4,209,727 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,450 Replies, 1,114,868 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,299 Replies, 631,947 Views
SP Group ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,098 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,238 Replies, 3,311,808 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 71,532 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
196 Replies, 120,989 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 49,029 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,031 Replies, 842,988 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,964 Replies, 9,963,757 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,683 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 730,037 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,799 Replies, 2,670,488 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 265,883 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,142 Replies, 361,123 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,453 Replies, 5,472,198 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,711 Replies, 988,262 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,553 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
392 Replies, 203,650 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
844 Replies, 242,647 Views
SingPost (Singapore Post)
4 Replies, 1,223 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 15,597 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
424 Replies, 455,638 Views
Barclays ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
277 Replies, 187,039 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2