Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-11-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189053)
So low?

KP pays 20% more than yellow if you have CA

who would stay at other three then

Unregistered 04-11-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189082)

People who don't intend to take CA, or intends to leave quickly after getting CA such that there is no difference essentially.

Unregistered 04-11-2021 10:04 AM

It might even potentially be harder to leave after you get the CA 20% raise, because Commercial firms in general won't discriminate between the B4s.

If your last drawn is 20% higher than your peers, it would be comparatively cheaper for Commercial to match your peers last drawn than you. Are you then willing to lower expectations when you jump?

If you are able to jump and get another 20% on top of your 20% then HUAT AH.. but I doubt this will happen commonly.

Unregistered 04-11-2021 10:04 AM

Oh and above comments do not apply if your lifelong dream is just to stay in audit.

In which case, I give you my whole hearted blessings.

Unregistered 04-11-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189082)

Salary is not the sole factor in our career choice.

Unregistered 04-11-2021 08:30 PM

It is a must to get CA before leaving big4?

Unregistered 04-11-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189158)
It is a must to get CA before leaving big4?

Strongly encouraged to have a professional qualification if you intend to remain in the accounting world, but it’s not mandatory unless your goal is to become a Public Accountant.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189086)
It might even potentially be harder to leave after you get the CA 20% raise, because Commercial firms in general won't discriminate between the B4s.

If your last drawn is 20% higher than your peers, it would be comparatively cheaper for Commercial to match your peers last drawn than you. Are you then willing to lower expectations when you jump?

If you are able to jump and get another 20% on top of your 20% then HUAT AH.. but I doubt this will happen commonly.

Is this for real?

Having more salary is bad?

Unregistered 07-11-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189305)
Is this for real?

Having more salary is bad?

Having more salary will tempt you into staying, which is bad if you want to leave.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 04:41 PM

Hi i have an accountancy background , not working in big 4.

May I check when does big 4 announce promotions and which month is PB paid
Also whats the average PB for a well performer ?

Thanks

Unregistered 07-11-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189336)

Thanks

The Big 4 are four separate entities, so you need to specify which one you asking about.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189342)
The Big 4 are four separate entities, so you need to specify which one you asking about.

All similar lah, less than 2 months and nothing special at all.

Unregistered 07-11-2021 08:24 PM

Thanks

===========

I am specifically enquiring about EY

Unregistered 07-11-2021 08:25 PM

So for PB , there are average , above average and excellent category right?

Is the above average also less than 2 months? That is extremely poor

Unregistered 08-11-2021 03:39 PM

Anyone from Deloitte? Able to advise if they raising salary for the A1 to match other big4s?

Unregistered 09-11-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189353)

Thanks

===========

I am specifically enquiring about EY

EY bonus payout is in end September. Normal performer 2 months PB this year. No AWS for big 4. EY got no welfare but they pretend they care about employees by giving one day off to rejuvenate lol. Now they have engaged external service provider to provide counselling for staff who have stress issues. Sibei wayang when the easiest solution to reduce turnover is to reduce workload

Unregistered 09-11-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189451)
EY bonus payout is in end September. Normal performer 2 months PB this year. No AWS for big 4. EY got no welfare but they pretend they care about employees by giving one day off to rejuvenate lol. Now they have engaged external service provider to provide counselling for staff who have stress issues. Sibei wayang when the easiest solution to reduce turnover is to reduce workload

can attest to that no welfare no good working culture

Unregistered 09-11-2021 08:44 PM

Heard orange firm offered some retention bonus to its existing staff. Whats the situation there like?

Unregistered 09-11-2021 10:09 PM

> Heard orange firm offered some retention bonus to its existing staff. Whats the situation there like?

now you know all along big 4 can pay more,
but partners unwilling to do so.
All go into partner pockets.

now the tides are turning, think next year will have even greater attrition

Unregistered 09-11-2021 10:14 PM

What do you usually do during big 4 notice period? Is it normal not to do anything at all? Manager doesn’t seem to care anymore and most of the team members have already left or plan to resign so all heck care.

Unregistered 09-11-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189550)
What do you usually do during big 4 notice period? Is it normal not to do anything at all? Manager doesn’t seem to care anymore and most of the team members have already left or plan to resign so all heck care.

bro you ok, you asking anonymous people to tell you how to do your work / what to do?

you need a break

Unregistered 10-11-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189551)
bro you ok, you asking anonymous people to tell you how to do your work / what to do?

you need a break

He is probably hoping there are seniors here or 过来人.

Unregistered 10-11-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189550)

That was a no. of years back so maybe people have different standards now. It boils down to your own expectations of what being professional means. I was working until the last day actually. Tried to scope out some work 2 weeks before last day so that it is easier to handover some items.

It can be irritating when you have a heck care manager. Thankfully, the client was appreciative. Can speak to the partner if you want to ensure that work is hand over properly.

Unregistered 10-11-2021 10:07 PM

When does EY announce partner promotions?

Was looking at EY linkedin, noticed some people supposedly partner in 14-15 years ( thats fast , do they have some links to help them? eg) family of partners )

Unregistered 10-11-2021 10:18 PM

Traditionally, Big 4 audits large firms, heard now smaller enterprises also requesting for big 4, employees are overworked

Unregistered 10-11-2021 10:48 PM

Has anyone ever witnessed SM getting scolded? Or isit just us small fries always getting scolded left right center

Unregistered 11-11-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189683)
Has anyone ever witnessed SM getting scolded? Or isit just us small fries always getting scolded left right center

Partner lor. Partner normally scold them in the partner room or during executive meeting la. Is very common LA, you dun see it mean your work maybe dun have partner involvement. Aa

Unregistered 11-11-2021 05:18 PM

The downfall of big 4 has begun

s://.afr.com/companies/professional-services/pwc-used-unqualified-staff-in-unbranded-hub-to-audit-asx-200-firms-20211105-p596as?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&utm_sourc e=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1nz9RFsGkdfT3tEyt9Ak0c1llKtw cjk7Ba2HyDAWfTknZ_sjNYqIuw2TU#Echobox=1636430039

Unregistered 11-11-2021 05:43 PM

If only audit clients understand how much of the work performed is offshored

Unregistered 11-11-2021 07:55 PM

How much do small firms pay for audit roughly

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:12 PM

Partners got scold SM ? I havent witnessed this? At EY, its always the manager bearing the brunt

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189732)
How much do small firms pay for audit roughly

Those small firms which are dormant pay 4-5k to big 4

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189734)
Partners got scold SM ? I havent witnessed this? At EY, its always the manager bearing the brunt

More like partner scold manager then manager scold senior. Senior kena the worst. Manager will throw all the **** to senior

Unregistered 11-11-2021 10:59 PM

How much does big 4 charge larger firms

Unregistered 11-11-2021 11:00 PM

I was rest day too like yellow

Unregistered 12-11-2021 12:20 AM

Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

Unregistered 12-11-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189761)
Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

Why not? Big 4 like EY thinks throw money and organize some mental health counseling sessions can solve the burnout and low morale problem. joke is on them. I expect more people to throw letter before Christmas. Gen Z are already not stupid to tolerate the "slog hard and sacrifice you life for the company so that you will be rich 20 years later" ********.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Lame why will MOM care. this is a private sector and industry-specific issue.

I think you're asking whether MTI and MAS will care if a Big 4 is in jeopardy. No, I dont think they will intervene even if one of the local Big 4 collapses. One of the next tier firms like BDO or RSM can probably step up to fill the market space with the influx of refugees from the failed firm, just like what happened with Arthur Andersen in the US.

Unlike the US where the Big 4 oligopoly is literally too important systemically, we don't have a lot of super-complex super integrated with the economy corporations to audit here. B4 isn't an irreplaceable top part of the pyramid here that one of the sub-B4 cant replace.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

MOM will not care if you are wondering why they are not granting more work permit holders to come over. It is already overwhelmed with foreigners now and it is very unhealthy.

If you want the situation to improve, just write an anonymous email to ACRA to alert them on all the high risk audit engagements with no staffing so they can review and whack the big 4s. The leadership will only care when the reputation of the firm is at stake.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189781)
MOM will not care if you are wondering why they are not granting more work permit holders to come over. It is already overwhelmed with foreigners now and it is very unhealthy.

If you want the situation to improve, just write an anonymous email to ACRA to alert them on all the high risk audit engagements with no staffing so they can review and whack the big 4s. The leadership will only care when the reputation of the firm is at stake.

Partner will say no locals want to join audit but they are not willing to improve working conditions and reduce workload because they can hire work permit holders or outsource to overseas team. Partner even boasted some engagements were performed entirely by overseas team and the manager will review